HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WGR Black still preaching patience (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1092591)

puckish66 01-28-2012 07:22 PM

Black still preaching patience

http://wgr550.com/Black-Still-Preach...ience/12122270

Quote:

Patience is the buzzword surrounding the Buffalo Sabres organization. Team president Ted Black spoke to the media following the NHL's Board of Governors meeting on Saturday and he once again affirmed his belief in the team's head coach and general manager, as well as the players on the roster.

static80 01-28-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckish66 (Post 43235351)

:facepalm:

VaporTrail 01-28-2012 07:26 PM

whatever Black

Layne Staley 01-28-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Black
"I wouldn’t say that about any season because you never know where the seeds of greatness are going to be planted"

"So I wouldn’t say it’s a lost season because that would suggest somehow we’re abandoning our efforts, and we’re not."

Then why has your team done NOTHING in response to our results/effort?

Quote:

"Guys are just on pace to have career-low years in key categories such as goals. If you had a team that had Lemieux, Gretzky, Orr and Howe, and imported their worst statistical years, you’d probably have a team that wasn’t going to make the playoffs. There’s no slight to those great players, the fact is every player has a career-best year, and every player has a career-worst year.

This quote is just pathetic, this guy must have been a lawyer, the arrogance this guy spews is pathetic.

Quote:

"Unfortunately, we’ve got a lot of guys that are on track to have their worst year on the same team in the same year."

And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the guy coaching them, right Mr Black?:sarcasm:

Every 2 weeks this joker has a press conference where he regurgitates the same bull **** about this team.Gets very old.How about hold a press conference to announce a trade that improves the team instead of holding ones to make excuses why we suck you dill weed.I have disliked Black for a long time now, and these press conferences don't do anything to change my opinion.This guy is just a slicker Larry Quinn.

Fire Me 01-28-2012 07:34 PM

this is getting old

thahamer 01-28-2012 07:49 PM

As a knowledgeable hockey fan I am literally offended by some of those statements.

sba 01-28-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieBisco (Post 43235711)
This guy is just a slicker Larry Quinn.

Honestly, I think LQ might have actually done something by now.

Dreakon 01-28-2012 08:07 PM

I'm really hoping this is some Jekyll and Hyde **** going on here and there's a big difference between how he handles this in public and private. I'll reserve my judgements until I see how Darcy and management handle this trade deadline.

puckish66 01-28-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 43235965)
this is getting old

This is where I am. It's "no comment" time in Buffalo.

puckish66 01-28-2012 08:20 PM

Just to be clear, FreddieBisco's quotes come from the News.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...Sabres+Edge%29

The Gretzky et. al comment is just asinine. And people will still swear this franchise is better off than it was a year ago. With that mentality? Give me a break.

clumping platelets 01-28-2012 08:24 PM

My response is NO................Black is a 5 letter word for moron

Myllz 01-28-2012 08:26 PM

The Gretzky/Lemieux quote might be the dumbest thing I've heard yet.

chadthestampede 01-28-2012 08:28 PM

If I didn't know better I'd think we were being trolled.

slip 01-28-2012 08:28 PM

Eh, let's not read too deeply into Black's comments. By ostensibly standing behind his GM and coach, not to mention reiterating his desire to compete for a playoff spot this year, he's attempting to convey to the rest of the league that we are not desperate and will not engage in trades that hurt the long term health of the franchise.

puckish66 01-28-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadthestampede (Post 43238713)
If I didn't know better I'd think we were being trolled.

By Ted? Maybe. Both he and Terry seem to be trying very hard to get a rise out of the fans.

Afino 01-28-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 43238647)

Yeah. That's pretty ****ing awful.

puckish66 01-28-2012 08:53 PM

Dubi Doo 01-28-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 43238647)

I know...I wanted to smack him for saying that.

Better Call Saul 01-28-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

"If you had a team that had Lemieux, Gretzky, Orr and Howe, and imported their worst statistical years, you’d probably have a team that wasn’t going to make the playoffs."
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/01/5wxcwo.gif

VilleLeino 01-28-2012 09:00 PM

damn we got a bad owner

indigoo 01-28-2012 09:26 PM

This dude is a ****ing joke. Seriously, what?!

Fire Me 01-28-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VilleLeino (Post 43240379)
damn we got a bad owner

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigoo (Post 43241193)
This dude is a ****ing joke. Seriously, what?!

Hockey Heaven!!!!! :laugh:

TehDoak 01-28-2012 09:56 PM

Again, what do you expect Black to say?

"This team is the worst group of sucks that ever sucked. If anyone calls and says 'oh hai can we have players" we'll give them everything they ask"

These are still players on this team. Even if they want to trade a bunch of players, they have to maximize value. Throwing them under the bus isn't going to fix the team image of being cheap.

Black is doing what he is paid to do. Be the public face of the press and help take pressure of his employees. If you expect him to come out and throw some one under the bus in the press, you'll be waiting for a long time.

omglolnub 01-28-2012 09:58 PM

So...let me get this straight. Despite having almost been feasibly eliminated from the playoffs already, Black is NOT going to bottom out and sell at the deadline because he believes that the team can fight for the playoffs?

Good god, they are going to pick 13th again, aren't they? :facepalm: :help: :banghead: :baghead:

The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

Play4Miracles* 01-28-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieBisco (Post 43235711)
Then why has your team done NOTHING in response to our results/effort?

This quote is just pathetic, this guy must have been a lawyer, the arrogance this guy spews is pathetic.

And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the guy coaching them, right Mr Black?:sarcasm:

Every 2 weeks this joker has a press conference where he regurgitates the same bull **** about this team.Gets very old.How about hold a press conference to announce a trade that improves the team instead of holding ones to make excuses why we suck you dill weed.I have disliked Black for a long time now, and these press conferences don't do anything to change my opinion.This guy is just a slicker Larry Quinn.

he said "seeds of greatness". Seed = #1 draft pick. They are not going to abandon their efforts to win that seed!!

If you had a roster with Orr, Lemieux, and Gretzky, you would win every game because teams would forfeit. Seriously, I'm not even trying to be funny. Nobody would even bother playing that team.