HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   World Junior Championship (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ticket prices are shocking (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1093667)

JYP88* 01-30-2012 04:28 PM

Ticket prices are shocking

I knew that Finland's games will be expensive (the cheapest ticket 156€) but all games are extremely precious. I was going to watch Usa-Fra, not anymore because the cheapest ticket is 70€!!... Finland is like toronto... you can demand anything.

joe89 01-30-2012 04:50 PM

There's been a lot of talk about the expensive tickets in Sweden aswell. Right now you can only buy packages of four games(a round in the group stage stretching over two days) or two games(quarterfinals).

A package with nosebleed tix cost 895SEK(€101, $132), a package with the best seats cost 2995SEK(€338, $444).

I.e. if you want to take your standard sized family to watch Sweden play one game(even against Italy), you have to pay at least €400.

JYP88* 01-30-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe89 (Post 43302493)
if you want to take your standard sized family to watch Sweden play one game(even against Italy), you have to pay at least 400.

Finland vs Kazakstan for four person: 624... in both countries costs are so damn high.

joe89 01-30-2012 05:28 PM

Yeah, it's crazy. I was planning to catch the group stage game against Russia, but not for almost €300 for a decent seat(middle bowl, middle section is €280). Not happening..

YARR123 01-31-2012 05:53 AM

Iron chancellor Kummola said the "I doubt the ones who are whining about the prices were planning to go anyway". He's such a troll. I really hope they something about the Kazakhstan and France games, would be such a pity if they played for half empty arena...

Lui One Hall 01-31-2012 07:40 AM

Pretty ignorant and arrogant statement by someone, who's not going to have to pay for his own, premium-seat tickets.

joe89 01-31-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YARR123 (Post 43321943)
Iron chancellor Kummola said the "I doubt the ones who are whining about the prices were planning to go anyway". He's such a troll. I really hope they something about the Kazakhstan and France games, would be such a pity if they played for half empty arena...

:laugh: A decent ticket cost more than than most students have to spend for an entire month(if not more). Not to mention if you're looking to go from out of town and need to get a hotel room and a bunch of other costs, which isn't exactly cheap in either Stockholm or Helsinki.

I sincerely hope they don't sell out with these prices, but I've heard 40% of the tickets have already been sold for the Stockholm games.

WayneBruce 01-31-2012 10:45 AM

Who pays that much for a group stage game? Must be real die-hard fans with a lot of money to spend or people with company benefits.

YARR123 01-31-2012 11:07 AM

I can understand people being willing to pay that for a Finland - Canada game maybe, but Finland - Kazakhstan? Come on...
I can't even think of what the street prices will be if Finland manages to get to the final. The final is sold out now but the prices were 450/550 a pop.

Lugaid 01-31-2012 01:24 PM

Compare this to the Legend game between Sweden and Finland now in Oddset Hockey Games; 90 SEK :laugh:

gib 03-03-2012 03:46 PM

Couple of days ago Kalervo Kummola (President of the Finnish Ice Hockey Federation) defended ticket prices by saying that average ticket to NHL regular season game cost 450€ (=600 dollars)!! :shakehead:shakehead (the real avg. cost is 59 dollars)

What an imbecile this guy is. He has no clue of reality.

Afterwards he corrected his statement by saying his first account was wrong and he got the numbers from the President of Hockey Canada, Bob Nicholson.
It would be great if some canadian press would ask Bob did he really say avg. price for NHL game is 600 dollars or did Kummola misunderstood or something. Now Kummola has put the blame on Bob, but I have a feeling that Bob would have something else to say about the situation..

Finnpin 03-03-2012 04:17 PM

Kummola is idiot.

Those ticket prices are outrageous :rant:

Mostly company/employer paid people in the stands.

Mathradio 03-04-2012 12:12 AM

Too expensive to be true...

joe89 03-05-2012 07:38 PM

The Swedish hockey federation has backed off a little after the criticism, so you can now buy tickets for single games.

More affordable prices now if you want to watch any games not Sweden, ranging from 125SEK(€14) to 770SEK(€86) depending on seat and game. Only the Russian games have tickets above €55.

The Swedish games are still on the expensive side ranging from 795SEK(€90) to 1495SEK(€168).

QnebO 04-10-2012 02:49 AM

I also put this here so if anyones after a ticket, can contact me:

I might have just won ticket or tickets for some stockholm game. Got a confirmation that I won, so they should mail me tickets.

Problem probably will be that i cant go to stockholm so I might sell it for some swedish fan, is anyone interested? I bet its going to be on a swedens game but I tell about it later

supermasif 04-10-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QnebO (Post 47649031)
I also put this here so if anyones after a ticket, can contact me:

I might have just won ticket or tickets for some stockholm game. Got a confirmation that I won, so they should mail me tickets.

Problem probably will be that i cant go to stockholm so I might sell it for some swedish fan, is anyone interested? I bet its going to be on a swedens game but I tell about it later

Cool, check your inbox!

zorz 04-10-2012 05:35 PM

You guys just have to pass on your annual Bermudas holiday this time. :sarcasm:

Belizarius 04-11-2012 03:54 AM

The prices are the main reason France fanclub couldn't bring more than 10 people.

With the format change, we had to buy each day ticket for France games, including all other games we don't care about.
Way too expansive... The offer was about 1200 euros for 10 days, with only 1 game, and we had to buy the other games individually.

I'll try to watch it at TV :(

QnebO 04-11-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belizarius (Post 47714363)
The prices are the main reason France fanclub couldn't bring more than 10 people.

With the format change, we had to buy each day ticket for France games, including all other games we don't care about.
Way too expansive... The offer was about 1200 euros for 10 days, with only 1 game, and we had to buy the other games individually.

Yes this is sad. Very sad for hockey, but there is that many hockey fans in the host countries, and only so many seats in the arenas... Thinking about pricing, some central european countries would be much better hosts for the sake of normal people who would like to attend the atmosphere. These tickets really are just for rich people, normal people can barely go to one game or so.

Tomas W 04-11-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belizarius (Post 47714363)

A real shame. Damn short sighted by the finnish (and swedish) hosts.

edd1e 04-20-2012 04:19 AM

I'm gonna protest this by not going. 155 pricetag is ridiculous.

F---ing disgrace!!

Tissotti 04-20-2012 06:01 AM

Only one Finland game is sold out, Finland-France and Finland-Kazakhstan are half empty.

Again, starting price for the Finland games is 155€.
(link in finnish)
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/mmkiekko/m...463499426.html

It's just amazing how the people in charge of hockey here fock these things up. Finland is just going through big up in ice hockey, but things like this and the silly TV contracts on WC and FEL are just the thing to stop the growth right away. So shortsighted. We need actual audience to these arena's.

Leehh 04-20-2012 06:31 AM

You should do it smart way like i did. I bought two Finland - Canada and two semifinal ticket when they came out and was planning on selling ebay/huutonet for bit profit so i could afford to buy tickets for like in ~5 games :)

Tissotti 04-20-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leehh (Post 48447455)
You should do it smart way like i did. I bought two Finland - Canada and two semifinal ticket when they came out and was planning on selling ebay/huutonet for bit profit so i could afford to buy tickets for like in ~5 games :)

I actually do own 2 tickets for Finland-Canada. :) But so far no plans to sell them.

MMANumminen 04-20-2012 02:02 PM

It sucks. I decided couple of years ago when the whc is in Finland I'll be there. Eff that, I'll rather watch the games home and get drunk and travel to Thailand with the money