HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Article: Down On The Farm: Zatkoff Having An All-Star Season, While Jones Takes Step Backwards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1094137)

FrozenRoyalty 01-31-2012 08:19 AM

Down On The Farm: Zatkoff Having An All-Star Season, While Jones Takes Step Backwards

Down On The Farm With The Manchester Monarchs: Zatkoff Having An All-Star Season In Goal, While Jones Takes Small Step Backwards

kingsfan 01-31-2012 09:33 AM

If we keep Zatkoff for next year, is he waiver eligible or exempt?

Nice article btw.

Flour Child 01-31-2012 10:33 AM

Ganntastic article

Jason Lewis 01-31-2012 11:13 AM

Gotta love goalie competition. Hopefully this makes Jonesy raise his level of play.

Jason Lewis 01-31-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 43325857)
If we keep Zatkoff for next year, is he waiver eligible or exempt?

Nice article btw.

He was signed in 2008, 24...so that would make him 20 on his first professional contract. He has 4 years to be exempt so nooooo he'll have to clear i believe.

kingsfan 01-31-2012 02:34 PM

I wonder if he'd get claimed if we sent him down at the very start of training camp.

He'd be good to have come up and backup Quick next year, but I don't think Bernier will be dealt until Quick resigns.

Perro 01-31-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 43337819)
I wonder if he'd get claimed if we sent him down at the very start of training camp.

He'd be good to have come up and backup Quick next year, but I don't think Bernier will be dealt until Quick resigns.

You can send him down in training camp without him having to clear. However if we were to call him up in the season he would have to clear.

I don't think waivers are in play till after the start of the season.

Brodeur 01-31-2012 02:47 PM

Bob McKenzie mentioned that Ben Bishop is an under the radar commodity this upcoming offseason since he's group VI UFA (25 years old, less than 28 games in the NHL, at least professional seasons). Unless I'm mistaken, does Zatkoff also potentially qualify for this as well?

kingsfan 01-31-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 43337989)
You can send him down in training camp without him having to clear. However if we were to call him up in the season he would have to clear.

So he'd only be re-entry waiver eligible? I thought he'd be full waivers eligible (both sending down and recalled).

Jason Lewis 01-31-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...ide-to-the-nhl

pretty decent reference.

Quote:

The first day of the season which players are subject to waivers is twelve days prior to the start of the regular season, until the last day after the end of the team's season. It should be noted that the league resets all waiver transactions at the beginning of the next season's waiver period.

kingsfan 01-31-2012 03:01 PM

According to capgeek, Zatkoff would an RFA. They also say Bishop is an RFA as well, which isn't accurate I assume. I'll believe McKenzie over capgeek.

Brodeur 01-31-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 43338973)
According to capgeek, Zatkoff would an RFA. They also say Bishop is an RFA as well, which isn't accurate I assume. I'll believe McKenzie over capgeek.

Probably because it wouldn't be official until the end of the season when Bishop for sure didn't play in enough games. Just curious since Bishop is November '86 while Zatkoff is June '87 but both would be 25 by July 1.

Holden Caulfield 01-31-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

This is not true. Waivers always apply. I see that the reference that jaygoKings found says 12 days till the start of the season. I am 95% sure that this would also be the first day you can send down waiver-eligible players to the AHL. Since otherwise teams would just start TC's sooner, then send down the waiver-eligible players earlier and not risk anybody to waivers. Since teams DO NOT do this, it tells me that my earlier assumption is correct. (Why would you risk losing players to waivers if you didn't have to, right?)

I saw this question again, so I'll say it. The only way to become re-entry eligible is to make more than 110 (105?) K at the AHL-level. So all one-way's are re-entry eligible, and any two-way deal where more than that amount is made. It has nothing to do with experience.

EDIT: Sorry kingsfan, missed Brodeur's comment which is what you were responding to.

Zatkoff WILL be waiver eligible next year, but very very very rarely would a skater with no NHL experience get claimed, much less a goalie. That is a none issue, IMO.

Sam 01-31-2012 03:25 PM

Zatkoff is set to become a group VI UFA this offseason, along with Cliche, Clune, and Mullen.

Jason Lewis 01-31-2012 03:26 PM

I am so amused at how much a topic of debate the CBA, Waivers, and Two-way/One-Way contracts have been in the last 2 weeks.

It's stupid confusing.