HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Zack Kassian (02/01/12) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1095185)

DixonWard15 02-01-2012 10:34 AM

Zack Kassian (02/01/12)

Shawn Stepner @StepnerWKBW
Just saw Zack Kassian walk into the arena carrying his gear. So... I guess he's back with the #Buffalo #Sabres, huh? #NHL

https://twitter.com/#!/StepnerWKBW

DixonWard15 02-01-2012 10:34 AM

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres
Vanek already out & another forward is sick. Ruff not sure if Adam will play tonight. Says a recall is coming today from Rochester. --^ks

https://twitter.com/#!/BuffaloSabres

jBuds 02-01-2012 10:48 AM

BNHarrington Lindy said #Sabres have another unnamed forward who's ill and may sit with Vanek. Callup from Rochester possible.

jamers 02-01-2012 10:56 AM

Not sure I'm a fan of them calling up Kassian at this point. He hasn't exactly been the model forward in Rochester.

jBuds 02-01-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamers (Post 43398259)
Not sure I'm a fan of them calling up Kassian at this point. He hasn't exactly been the model forward in Rochester.

If we were a winning team on the playoff track, I'd say "bring up the guy who's playing the best down there," like usual.

Right now? Give me the guy who can (potentially) bring something we lack and need more of, not just a 4th line stopgap Sehhairrah.

Attitude problems aside, I'll surely be excited to see him if he plays. Hoping he's flying all over the place and placing whatever anger he has on the ice against the Raggie-poo's.

I have practice tonight, which means my phone gets shut off since we're playing the Rangers. Too many Rangers fan friends living in the NYC burbs

zTheWalkingDead 02-01-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

@pham22758 - With Vanek out and another forward who Ruff wouldn't name sick, Zack Kassian is up from Rochester
Not really thrilled about it either, I think there are better candidates for a call up at this juncture.

I'm still of the opinion that Derek Whitmore has been consistently overlooked by this organization, I'd like to see him get a bigger sample size than 1 game.

DixonWard15 02-01-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamers (Post 43398259)

imo Foligno has been the better player, I would have rather seen him get called up

jBuds 02-01-2012 11:07 AM

So lets try to guess...

McCormick and Ellis had 3 shifts apiece in the 2nd period. McCormick had none in the third, Ellis 1 - and it was early in the third. I know that those two got benched and Goose slid up when Vanek went down....but not a single shift for McCormick in the third despite us being down a forward? Could that spell illness?

barcs 02-01-2012 11:23 AM

Be mopey, get called up.

I'm gonna spin in my chair at work the rest of the day and hope for a promotion now.

vcv 02-01-2012 11:38 AM

I would assume he's being called up because he has more comfort with the regulars than say Foligno.

Chainshot 02-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcs (Post 43399457)
Be mopey, get called up.

I'm gonna spin in my chair at work the rest of the day and hope for a promotion now.

Damn, your chair spins? Envy.

Not thrilled with the recall. This reminds me of Stafford back in the day. I'd rather see Whitmore and his quicks, hustle and skate-through-the-wall attitude from his first recall than Mr. Mope.

start winnin 02-01-2012 11:41 AM

Did he deserve it? Probably not, is he likely the one who can help us get a win if he shows up? Hell yeahhhh.

WhoIsJimBob 02-01-2012 11:43 AM

One of the Whitmore/Foligno vs Kassian issues could be the position that could need to be filled as Whitmore and Foligno have been playing LW in Rochester and Kassian has been playing RW.

Personally, I'd rather see Foligno get this call if position wasn't a huge issue.

barnell 02-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 43400255)
Damn, your chair spins? Envy.

Not thrilled with the recall. This reminds me of Stafford back in the day. I'd rather see Whitmore and his quicks, hustle and skate-through-the-wall attitude from his first recall than Mr. Mope.

Has he been Mopey? I haven't been paying the most attention.

barcs 02-01-2012 11:49 AM

I've been a big Chewy fan during his stints up this season.

jBuds 02-01-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnell (Post 43400753)

All indications are in the affirmative, yeah.

DJN21 02-01-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

that as well as seemingly being mentally out of it, lolligagging around the ice

if the wing were reversed Foligno deserved the call over him...that being said i still woulda gone chewy or whitmore either way

Chainshot 02-01-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob (Post 43400441)
One of the Whitmore/Foligno vs Kassian issues could be the position that could need to be filled as Whitmore and Foligno have been playing LW in Rochester and Kassian has been playing RW.

Personally, I'd rather see Foligno get this call if position wasn't a huge issue.

It seems like full-on lineup shuffling. They could simply plug Adam back in, leaving Leino up in Vanek's place like he was last night.

Quote:

Some very, very unflattering comments from the D&C's Kevin O in the last few weeks regarding him not engaging at all and quitting on shifts. The bit about him making an ill-advised/lazy turnover and then rather than backchecking, he skated to the bench to change... and no one came on. Priceless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcs (Post 43400773)
I've been a big Chewy fan during his stints up this season.

Quick and energetic.

jBuds 02-01-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 43401419)
It seems like full-on lineup shuffling. They could simply plug Adam back in, leaving Leino up in Vanek's place like he was last night.

Except Harrington made it a point to note that Ruff refused to commit to Adam returning to the lineup, even with the mystery illness.

Could it just be Adam who's sick? Or is that too logical?

barcs 02-01-2012 12:05 PM

Who knows though, the run in with WGRs Coller got him fired up and he seemed to at least put forth a little more effort in the games following that incident. But the 3 home games prior to that were atrocious. I consider myself a fan of him but can honestly say he was the worst player on the ice for either team in those games. Noticeable to even the most casual of fans that he simply wasn't trying.

SabresBillsBuffalo 02-01-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 43401525)
Except Harrington made it a point to note that Ruff refused to commit to Adam returning to the lineup, even with the mystery illness.

Could it just be Adam who's sick? Or is that too logical?

I'd like to see Kassian and Adam in and McCormick or Ellis out

SabresBillsBuffalo 02-01-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixonWard15 (Post 43398517)
imo Foligno has been the better player, I would have rather seen him get called up

How do you assume this? Kassian has 1 less point and has played 14 less games...

DixonWard15 02-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo (Post 43407365)
How do you assume this? Kassian has 1 less point and has played 14 less games...

Kassian recently played so poorly during a game that he was booed everytime the puck touched his stick

Its the only time I have heard Amerk's fans booing one of their own.

Fly Boy 02-01-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixonWard15 (Post 43407547)
Kassian recently played so poorly during a game that he was booed everytime the puck touched his stick

Its the only time I have heard Amerk's fans booing one of their own.

That is the key word right there. There is no doubt Kassian is better than Foligno, but in the last 2 weeks or so Marcus has had the hot hand and has been better.

I would love to see Kassian on the line with Gerbe and Ennis if at all possible. Tell him not to worry about scoring, just clear people out and make space for the other two. Let him go nuts tonight.

rabi 02-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zTheWalkingDead (Post 43398465)
Not really thrilled about it either, I think there are better candidates for a call up at this juncture.

Ever hear of showcasing?