HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why Doesnt McD... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1095937)

Rangers4Life74 02-02-2012 06:23 AM

Why Doesnt McD...
 
get any pp time?we really dont have a defenseman that can actually carry the puck into the oppositions zone and he has that capability.too many times we dump the puck in,dont get to it,and watch the puck sail back down to our end.give him some time on the pp and let him carry the puck.teams are keying on Richards and Gaborik,knowing them 2 are basically the only 2 capable of carrying the puck into the zone,we need another option out there to keep the penalty kill honest.all the dumping and chasing is not working too good.


its so frustrating,its not like we dont have skill,but we are so predictable on it that teams know what to expect.

give the kid some pp time and let him skate and create.

McSauer 02-02-2012 06:40 AM

Been asking myself the same damn thing all season...unconscionable we haven't given him a shot...

trueblue9441 02-02-2012 06:56 AM

not only can he carry the puck but he has a very heavy shot too and is willing to take one timers instead of holding the puck then shooting like our current pointmen do. it certainly wouldnt hurt to try

jacko23 02-02-2012 07:02 AM

Couldnt agree more. McD has shown to have a little O in his game, and the extra space would do wonders.

Like the extra space after your periods and commas. :-)

JoeRangers 02-02-2012 08:05 AM

Definitely think he should get some PP time. Hes got a very good shot. Probably doesnt get PP time because he plays so much 5 on 5 and PK. Torts really has to figure something out with the 6th dman. Obviously Bickel isnt very good but he only played 6:30 yesterday. Hopefully Eminger gets back soon.

Dorado* 02-02-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeRangers (Post 43447135)
Definitely think he should get some PP time. Hes got a very good shot. Probably doesnt get PP time because he plays so much 5 on 5 and PK. Torts really has to figure something out with the 6th dman. Obviously Bickel isnt very good but he only played 6:30 yesterday. Hopefully Eminger gets back soon.

Bingo !!! He already playing a ton of min .

RangerBoy 02-02-2012 09:41 AM

Mac has always had a problem hitting the net. Wisconsin days.

Edler,Bieksa and Hamhuis do a good job on VANs PP. Nothing fancy.

Rangers4Life74 02-02-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 43450167)
Mac has always had a problem hitting the net. Wisconsin days.

Edler,Bieksa and Hamhuis do a good job on VANs PP. Nothing fancy.

DZ cant hit the net either but he gets plenty of pp time.McD can carry the puck into the zone,something DZ doesnt do well at all.

Bardof425* 02-02-2012 10:05 AM

He should get a chance but he cannot play 32 minutes a night so someone will need to take a little of his ES time.

ThirdEye 02-02-2012 10:05 AM

I absolutely agree, I think he could be a huge asset there.

The only reason I can think of is that Tortorella would rather have him play 3-4 more even strength minutes since he's so damn solid defensively

we want cup 02-02-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardof425 (Post 43451069)
He should get a chance but he cannot play 32 minutes a night so someone will need to take a little of his ES time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 43451081)
I absolutely agree, I think he could be a huge asset there.

The only reason I can think of is that Tortorella would rather have him play 3-4 more even strength minutes since he's so damn solid defensively

Agreed. Hopefully Staal can get back to his old self soon. That would allow him to take ES ice time that McD is eating now, and then McD could get some PP time.

There was one shift in the Devils game where McD and Stralman were on for the final shift of the PP and it was the best 25 seconds of PP time we've had in months.

nafsregnar27 02-02-2012 11:50 AM

It is one of the things that bothers me and have *****ed about. He needs PP time or how else is he going to develop a two way game. I love that Girardi is a warrior but he does not belong on the PP. Give time to McDonagh and Stralman, who have more offensive upside than Girardi. McDonagh is the only one out the top 30 defensemen that lead the NHL in TOI that doesn't average a minute on the PP.

asphyXy 02-02-2012 12:12 PM

McDonagh and Stralman on the powerplay. Do it.

JoeRangers 02-02-2012 12:33 PM

At this point if I thought it would help I would put 5 dmen out there on the PP. Gotta try different things until something works. (and no im not serious about putting 5 dmen out there)

Bird Law 02-02-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 (Post 43450399)
DZ cant hit the net either but he gets plenty of pp time.McD can carry the puck into the zone,something DZ doesnt do well at all.

Except MDZ is 10x the playmaker of McD.

redfzn 02-02-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeRangers (Post 43458053)
At this point if I thought it would help I would put 5 dmen out there on the PP. Gotta try different things until something works. (and no im not serious about putting 5 dmen out there)

I believe the Flames were doing that a year or two ago :facepalm:

Rangers4Life74 02-02-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 43462519)
Except MDZ is 10x the playmaker of McD.

i disagree with you there.DZ is put into situations to be a playmaker,McD isnt.McD in my eyes can be just as good a playmaker as DZ is if not better IF given those same opportunities

Bird Law 02-02-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 (Post 43464101)
i disagree with you there.DZ is put into situations to be a playmaker,McD isnt.McD in my eyes can be just as good a playmaker as DZ is if not better IF given those same opportunities

Except he's not. MDZ is a much better playmaker. End of story.

Bardof425* 02-02-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 43465665)
Except he's not. MDZ is a much better playmaker. End of story.

ooh look; story open again. I agree that if McD was given the flexibility to create offense the way MDZ is he could and would be as good if not better than MDZ on the offensive side of the puck.

Bird Law 02-02-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardof425 (Post 43465797)
ooh look; story open again. I agree that if McD was given the flexibility to create offense the way MDZ is he could and would be as good if not better than MDZ on the offensive side of the puck.

Except he's not. That's why he doesn't play that game. Because he doesn't have the offensive ability that MDZ does. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand.

we want cup 02-02-2012 03:05 PM

McD has many positive attributes. There are a lot of things he does very well. he is not, however, as good of a playmaker as MDZ is. Not even close.

Rangers4Life74 02-02-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 43466225)
McD has many positive attributes. There are a lot of things he does very well. he is not, however, as good of a playmaker as MDZ is. Not even close.

no reason to think he cant become as good or better.hes only in his 2nd season and he does have the talent to do so.its not as open and closed as some people think.if DZ can improve drastically,why cant McD?

i dont buy that he doesnt have the skill set either.he does and he has shown flashes of it already.

he just needs the chance

Bird Law 02-02-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 (Post 43470117)
no reason to think he cant become as good or better.hes only in his 2nd season and he does have the talent to do so.its not as open and closed as some people think.if DZ can improve drastically,why cant McD?

i dont buy that he doesnt have the skillset either,he does and he has shown flashes of it already.

Having watched him his entire college career -- he does not have the skillset. MDZ has been an offensive wizard since he was a kid. McD has not. People thought McD would DEVELOP the offensive game, but he simply doesn't have the gifts that MDZ has.

Sorry, but he just doesn't have it. I don't think you realize how special MDZ is offensively. There are not a lot of players in the league that can do what he can. And he's ever improving.

McD will develop a bit more offensively, but don't expect MDZ level playmaking. That's not in the cards at all.

Rangers Fail 02-02-2012 04:37 PM

I would love to see McD getting powerplay time. Earlier in the year, he was showing very good promise of developing into more of an two-way defenseman. I love Danny G, but he doesn't belong on the powerplay. If Torts is afraid of giving up a SHG, then that doesn't mean you need Girardi. McD is almost at Dan's level in terms of defense, and better in offense. It's a no-brainer that he should be on the PP.

Dr. Ogrodnick 02-02-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 (Post 43470117)
no reason to think he cant become as good or better.hes only in his 2nd season and he does have the talent to do so.its not as open and closed as some people think.if DZ can improve drastically,why cant McD?

i dont buy that he doesnt have the skill set either.he does and he has shown flashes of it already.

he just needs the chance

So? Del Zotto is only in his third season. He's also going to get better.

I'd like to see Mcd get some power play time too. Probably once Sauer comes back and Torts has 3 solid dependable pairs he can lessen Mcd's even strength time and get him some PP minutes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.