HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Shane Doan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1095941)

MAYO 02-02-2012 07:50 AM

Shane Doan

What would the Yotes want from the Rangers roster to get a deal done. Here is a guy who has had so much success on the National team but has yet to be given the chance to win the Holy grail. For the Rangers I think his leadership and skill set bolster their roster for a playoff push and is more realistic than other names that will be seeking a huge and long term contract at year end.

rt 02-02-2012 09:20 AM

Can't see him going all the way to NYC. I'd be shocked if that's what he decided. I imagine if he's moved, he will ask for SJ or VAN. Maloney will oblige. As for what he would command in return, I imagine a first round pick plus a very good asset.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan 02-02-2012 11:02 AM

doan will have to accept a deal before he can be moved.. and everything i ever heard about him is that he wont do it... hes another mats sundin

i think from what ive heard from insiders is he doesnt want to move his family out of phoenix and thats more important to him then the idea of chasing a cup as a rental would be

if we can get past this reality... and proceed with the belief he would accept a trade... then hes going to be worth alot imho

im a bruin fan.. and doan would be one hell of a sweet pickup for my club too. he has winner written all over him.

doan on a third line for us would be killer... and he can move up into eithr of the top lines if injury were to hit...

so id have no problem paying a first... throwing pouliot or caron into the deal... giving up some kid like sauve or hamil or kamfer or someone of that ilk up too...

im not sure why phoenix would do this if they are in the playoff hunt themselves... cause doan is super loyal to them and will resign... but doan will be worth a first and someone that can play top 9 and something else imo

rt 02-02-2012 11:07 AM

He can commute from SJ to PHX w/o uprooting his family. It's only a 75min flight. Let's call it the millionaires commute.

Luck 6 02-02-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 43451145)
He can commute from SJ to PHX w/o uprooting his family. It's only a 75min flight. Let's call it the millionaires commute.

But he likely won't.... How many days off do you think he'll be given from the deadline to the playoffs? He'll probably just fly his family in on weekends, which isn't bad. Given that, Vancouver is another attractive option. It's only about a 2 hour flight from Vancouver as well. He'd only be away for 2-4 months, I'm surprised an athlete like Doan without a cup wouldn't want this opportunity. I'm sure his family would understand... Does he have a baby at home or something?

Vancouver really wouldn't make a pitch for him I don't think. I see ZERO way to fit him under the cap, and realistically I don't see Gillis giving up major pieces for a rental he knows he cant re-sign.

Qward 02-02-2012 01:16 PM

He loves Phoenix. I don't see going anywhere. I think he will retire in Phoenix and live there. Even after the team is gone.

Bobby Lou 02-02-2012 01:17 PM

LeBrun was on local Vancouver radio yesterday, and said Maloney unequivocally told him that Doan is going nowhere. The host asked about him as a potential playoff rental for the Canucks.

Henkka 02-02-2012 01:22 PM

Doan would be the perfect player for Detroit. A pure dream. Punishing hitter, right handness and one more net front presence to fit perfectly our system. Most Babcock-like player maybe in the whole league.

And he has played for Babcock with Draper and Maltby before. ;)

DesertDawg 02-02-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Lou (Post 43457171)
LeBrun was on local Vancouver radio yesterday, and said Maloney unequivocally told him that Doan is going nowhere. The host asked about him as a potential playoff rental for the Canucks.

yeah, nothing like asking the GM if he is in selling mode when they're still in the playoff hunt. Maloney won't say anything negative at this time and saying that they'll trade their face of the franchise would be extremely stupid.

the word potential does not make the question judicious...

I can see Doan sucking it up and play for the Rangers for a Stanley Cup run, but the Rangers would really need to sell the idea to both Maloney and Doan... Can't see Doan waiving his NMC to play for the team that beat them in the last 2 playoff series the Coyotes were in...

wiredmaverick 02-02-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 43456773)
But he likely won't.... How many days off do you think he'll be given from the deadline to the playoffs? He'll probably just fly his family in on weekends, which isn't bad. Given that, Vancouver is another attractive option. It's only about a 2 hour flight from Vancouver as well. He'd only be away for 2-4 months, I'm surprised an athlete like Doan without a cup wouldn't want this opportunity. I'm sure his family would understand... Does he have a baby at home or something?

Vancouver really wouldn't make a pitch for him I don't think. I see ZERO way to fit him under the cap, and realistically I don't see Gillis giving up major pieces for a rental he knows he cant re-sign.

Sure we could.
Ballard + Raymond = Doan + Aucoin in terms of salary

Then just add picks/prospects.

Didn't Ballard play his best hockey in Phoenix?

untouchable21 02-02-2012 04:20 PM

Don't think they're very good trading partners, but another team I'd like to see make a pitch for Doan would be the Predators.

He fits their style perfectly. He'd be a much better fit for them than the often rumored Hemsky.

DesertDawg 02-02-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredmaverick (Post 43466095)
Sure we could.
Ballard + Raymond = Doan + Aucoin in terms of salary

Then just add picks/prospects.

Didn't Ballard play his best hockey in Phoenix?

don't see those pieces of the puzzle being appealing to the Coyotes
maybe if a 3rd team is involved

Paradise 02-02-2012 04:27 PM

Shane Doan isn't interested in winning, so he stays in Phoenix.

Bobby Lou 02-02-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 43462297)
yeah, nothing like asking the GM if he is in selling mode when they're still in the playoff hunt. Maloney won't say anything negative at this time and saying that they'll trade their face of the franchise would be extremely stupid.

Usually I don't take it at face (ex. Gillis saying Raymond won't be traded). But when it comes to Doan and the 'Yotes...the guy isn't going anywhere.

DesertDawg 02-02-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by untouchable21 (Post 43466949)
Don't think they're very good trading partners, but another team I'd like to see make a pitch for Doan would be the Predators.

He fits their style perfectly. He'd be a much better fit for them than the often rumored Hemsky.

...and if Lindback is in play.