HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Rpg mia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1096285)

High Glove 02-02-2012 03:20 PM

Rpg mia

My fellow hockey doctors, let's diagnose the disease that has plagued the RPG line all season. How has one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL become such a disappointment?

SYMPTOMS
  • Not scoring
  • Not hitting
  • Not scaring anybody

POTENTIAL CAUSES
  • Overpassing/Being too cute with the puck
  • Getzlaf doesn't shoot
  • They just suck
  • Too nonchalant
  • Teams have learned how to defend against them
  • Lost chemistry

POTENTIAL TREATMENT PLANS
  • Consult a shaman, have him make a potion out of Boudreau's forehead sweat, the drippings of Teemu's socks, the blood of an actual Stu Grimson, and a lock of Guy Hebert's back hair. Make them drink it, lock them in a small, poorly ventilated room, and have them take big, hearty whiffs of one another's eyeglass-fogging hockey potion farts. Repeat as needed.
  • Break them up, permanently. Put them on three different lines.
  • Trade one of them while their value is still high.
  • Tell them nobody will ever love them again until they score some friggin' goals.

Second opinions?

Spicy Porkins 02-02-2012 03:36 PM

Trade. Ryan.

duckaroosky 02-02-2012 03:44 PM

They obviously want out of Anaheim... SELL SELL SELL!!!

Gibson Les Palms 02-02-2012 04:15 PM

I don't think it's plausible, but it looks like Getz lost some skill

Carl33 02-02-2012 04:56 PM

nice treat haha

DarthYenik 02-02-2012 07:58 PM

I've got a crazy thought. Would it be a bad move to make them more of a checking line? Maybe taking some ice time away, and giving them a different objective would work. It's not like they're playing like a top scoring line anyway.

Seanconn* 02-02-2012 10:03 PM

If we get DSP back I want to see this, if only for one game.

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Cogs-Bonino-Blake
4th line

or Blake-Koivu-Selanne
Cogs-Bonino-Ryan

Ducks DVM 02-02-2012 10:34 PM

Since January

Perry 8G 2A 10P 13GP +5 18 hits (points in 6 games)
Getzlaf 2G 7G 9P 13GP +2 10 hits (points in 5 games)
Ryan 6G 4A 10P 13GP +2 36 hits (points in 6 games)

For whatever reason, they've been a poor match against Dallas this year and with 2/3 against Dallas it seems worse than it probably is. It'd be nice if they were on the scoreboard more games but as long as there's depth scoring it's not the end of the world either. Let's see how Friday goes.

PleasestartMasonpleasestartMasonpleasestartMason.

Exit Dose 02-02-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanconn (Post 43488743)

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Cogs-Bonino-Blake
4th line

or Blake-Koivu-Selanne
Cogs-Bonino-Ryan

Bonino and Ryan is an interesting idea. If they could find some chemistry together it could be the makings of next season's second line.

Lord Flashheart 02-03-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanconn (Post 43488743)

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Cogs-Bonino-Blake
4th line

or Blake-Koivu-Selanne
Cogs-Bonino-Ryan

Where's Hagman?

JabbaJabba 02-03-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan (Post 43508585)
Where's Hagman?

Probably on the 4th line but we don't have DSP yet so why not put Hagman on the top line? Otherwise the lines should remain unchanged.

Bender66 02-03-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu (Post 43466729)
I don't think it's plausible, but it looks like Getz lost some skill

The baby stole his hair and skill. Sign that kid to a ELC

Markus078 02-03-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 43496751)
Bonino and Ryan is an interesting idea. If they could find some chemistry together it could be the makings of next season's second line.

Think so too. Have

Bobby - Bonino - Palermi on the top of my head. Maybe DSP - Bonino - Bobby, but I like the first proposal more. Bonino and Bobby had som chemistry, Bonino and Palmeri had a great one in the AHL. I think we will see Holland + Etem on one line one day.

Dirk316 02-03-2012 04:31 AM

Bonino on the 2nd line is a joke and he would be the worst 2nd line center in the league. Looks like more and more Ducks fans are getting caught up in Bargains cheap ineffective fixes and ***** soft lineups

snowave 02-03-2012 11:49 AM

I think the RPG line needs to be told they are not a 'passing show' out there. They look great whizzing the puck all around, but half the time they don't get a shot on goal, and the other half it's a poor shot.

Exit Dose 02-03-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 43511637)
Bonino on the 2nd line is a joke and he would be the worst 2nd line center in the league. Looks like more and more Ducks fans are getting caught up in Bargains cheap ineffective fixes and ***** soft lineups

:laugh:

Oh, you.

Theridion 02-03-2012 02:22 PM

Perry has looked good. The guy is still dominant, and he can go where he wants to... And he still shows he has skill.

Ryan has looked out of place, and only seems to flourish when he is the star of his line or people are out.

Getz has seemed lazy and unfocused.

Hagman, koivu, teemu have all looked good together and apart.

Ryan is awesome, he.just does not.fit.with Getz and Perry. He needs his own line with its own center.

I'd like to trade for a descent second line center, throw Ryan, and Blake on it, and roll them as the plan B 1st line. Roll three scoring lines and throw whoever you want with Getz and Perry.

I want Ryan to stay, but he needs his own line.

High Glove 02-03-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theridion (Post 43527157)
Perry has looked good. The guy is still dominant, and he can go where he wants to... And he still shows he has skill.

Ryan has looked out of place, and only seems to flourish when he is the star of his line or people are out.

Getz has seemed lazy and unfocused.

Hagman, koivu, teemu have all looked good together and apart.

Ryan is awesome, he.just does not.fit.with Getz and Perry. He needs his own line with its own center.

I'd like to trade for a descent second line center, throw Ryan, and Blake on it, and roll them as the plan B 1st line. Roll three scoring lines and throw whoever you want with Getz and Perry.

I want Ryan to stay, but he needs his own line.

So what you're saying is Ryan needs his own line? :D

master4071 02-03-2012 04:06 PM

I would like to see Ryan - Brassard in our second line, but it's not gonna happen...

Dirk316 02-03-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 43524347)
:laugh:

Oh, you.

55gm 4g 6a 10pt -4

Meet your new undersized 2nd line center!:yo:

Dirk316 02-03-2012 04:56 PM

LA Kings 2nd line center Mike Richards
SJ Joe Thonton

Anaheim Ducks ------ NICK BONINO!! :laugh:

Cmon seriously that is a joke he is a borderline NHL player lets have some standards even with a Bob Murray team

Ducks DVM 02-03-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 43534409)
55gm 4g 6a 10pt -4

Meet your new undersized 2nd line center!:yo:

Bonino is 6'1" 186, he's hardly undersized, he just needs to keep putting on muscle. He's decent on faceoffs, he's 3G 5A 8P -1 in 20GP THIS YEAR, and has looked like a different player since his last call-up and being coached by Boudreau. 2nd line is a stretch but he's a defensively responsible playmaking center with great vision. He just needs to keep improving his skating and there's nothing wrong with him.

You don't actually watch the games, do you?

Dirk316 02-03-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 43536365)
Bonino is 6'1" 186, he's hardly undersized, he just needs to keep putting on muscle. He's decent on faceoffs, he's 3G 5A 8P -1 in 20GP THIS YEAR, and has looked like a different player since his last call-up and being coached by Boudreau. 2nd line is a stretch but he's a defensively responsible playmaking center with great vision. He just needs to keep improving his skating and there's nothing wrong with him.

You don't actually watch the games, do you?

Yes i do actually watch the games keep on using that tired comeback
but if you don't see Bonino as undersized and yes that includes his thin frame than i question whether you actually watch the games.
Bonino has looked better which is why i didn't call him an AHL caliber player but lol at the overrating i can almost guarantee you went through a worship mode during Dan Sexton's hot stretch and look how that's turned out. If Bonino continues to play like he is his upside at the most is 3rd liner

Ducks DVM 02-03-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 43537365)
Yes i do actually watch the games keep on using that tired comeback
but if you don't see Bonino as undersized and yes that includes his thin frame than i question whether you actually watch the games.
Bonino has looked better which is why i didn't call him an AHL caliber player but lol at the overrating i can almost guarantee you went through a worship mode during Dan Sexton's hot stretch and look how that's turned out. If Bonino continues to play like he is his upside at the most is 3rd liner

You of all people should be careful about using the term "tired comeback". Or accusing people of having "worship modes" on marginal talent <cough>Bodie<cough>. And your last comment was that Gordon and Bonino were everything that was wrong with the team. Never mind the fact that the 3rd line is actually the most effective line on the team right now, that would get in the way of a good rant on how any player who isn't a power forward or goon belongs in a women's league. Let me guess, Gagner doesn't belong in the NHL either, does he? How to you reconcile calling Bonino a borderline NHL talent with 3rd line upside? Borderline talent has 4th line upside - you know, guys line Bodie, Chipchura, Parros - the ones you want more of?

The fact you ignore his recent improvement to mock him as an NHL player (and ignore the fact he's improving - as a rookie) makes it appear you either don't watch the games or have an agenda. I said it was a stretch to call him a 2nd liner. You're the one who apparently can't see he's a top 3 passer on this team, in spite of his physical shortcomings. He's much better physically this year than last, IF his skating keeps improving he certainly has the skills and vision to stick in the league.

Sojourn 02-03-2012 07:24 PM

I'm probably repeating something DVM has already said, but it seems pretty foolish to mock Bonino's play when he, and the 3rd line, have been the best line for the Ducks recently. We're actually getting secondary scoring from that line right now, and Bonino is a big part of that. He finally seems to be breaking out at the NHL level, and that is only good for the Ducks.

Sadly, secondary scoring is about the only thing we're getting right now, but that isn't his fault.