HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   GDT: Game #50: Kings vs Blues (premature pie) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1096387)

Pie Man 02-02-2012 04:30 PM

Game #50: Kings vs Blues (premature pie)
 
Well I see no GDT and Im bored so tonight:

Its Donut (Doughty) Kings
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...deck/Donut.jpg

vs

Blue Pie (Pietrangelo)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ck/BluePie.jpg

The Kings gonna be all Pied up when they enter the house of Pie:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../pie-time1.jpg

The masked hero gonna win this game for us:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...er_pieman1.jpg

Go Blues, go:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...k/pieman-3.jpg

Sushiko 02-02-2012 04:39 PM

Awesome!!
I'm thinking "mmm donuts" then there's Homer :)
Man I do love me some donuts.
Go Blues!

Pie Man 02-02-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushiko (Post 43470545)
Awesome!!
I'm thinking "mmm donuts" then there's Homer :)
Man I do love me some donuts.
Go Blues!

No, donuts bad for youm go eat some Pie... and can any mod add "GDT" in the thread title for me? yeah k, thanks.

SneakerPimp82 02-02-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sample XIX (Post 43470185)
Well I see no GDT and Im bored so tonight:

Its Donut (Doughty) Kings
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...deck/Donut.jpg

vs

Blue Pie (Pietrangelo)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ck/BluePie.jpg

The Kings gonna be all Pied up when they enter the house of Pie:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../pie-time1.jpg

The masked hero gonna win this game for us:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...er_pieman1.jpg

Go Blues, go:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...k/pieman-3.jpg

The game isn't till tomorrow night, hence the lack of a GDT.

Sushiko 02-02-2012 04:55 PM

LOL yeah in this case Pie is much better. Nom nom!
I'm ready for the game. Feels like forever since they've played. Esp with Chicago & Detroit playing again tonight. Argh!

2 Minute Minor 02-02-2012 04:56 PM

10 demerits for a premature GDT. That's usually considered a bad omen.

Pie Man 02-02-2012 05:09 PM

Ohh crap, this is embarassing... /jedi mintrick, none of you was here, none of this saw this thread... go home and eat some pie /end jedi mindtrick

2 Minute Minor 02-02-2012 05:35 PM

I think we're all a little antsy to get back on the ice. Since its a home game, the Blues can probably overcome this karma.

EastonBlues22 02-02-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor (Post 43472825)
I think we're all a little antsy to get back on the ice. Since its a home game, the Blues can probably overcome this karma.

I'm sure that if a mod was willing to adjust the thread tag and title slightly, this karma could be undone completely. There is no bad karma associated with pre-game talk threads. ;)

Sushiko 02-02-2012 05:50 PM

Hehe premature pie, love it.

Dolph Ziggler 02-02-2012 06:11 PM

Why don't we do Post Game talk Threads?

CarvinSigX 02-02-2012 06:13 PM

Now there's a title with a clever metaphor! GDT of the year?

BlueDream 02-02-2012 06:39 PM

Can't wait for the back to back games this weekend. This long break has sucked.

2 Minute Minor 02-02-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi (Post 43474495)
Why don't we do Post Game talk Threads?

The Blues forum doesn't get the traffic that some other forums get. We just tack the post-game talk into the GDT. If in the future the discussion gets noisier I'm sure we can split them off.

Most of our GDT are like 6-8 pages, so its really not an issue.

BlueDream 02-02-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

jprutherford Jeremy Rutherford
Hitchcock on playing Friday against LA after nine-day layoff: "They have let us back in the league. We’re able to play.” #stlblues
:laugh:

Really looking forward to this game vs. LA.

PitchDoug 02-02-2012 08:38 PM

just watched nashville drop to philly in reg. next up - blackhawks and wings. trifecta?

this break has been wayyy too long.

Beastman* 02-02-2012 09:35 PM

I hope some Blues player remembers to pay Doughty back.

HooliganX2 02-02-2012 09:38 PM

Lol i like this thread..

diehardbluesfan 02-02-2012 11:13 PM

Six goals in the third period in Edmonton with the good guys coming out on top so that's a plus! Now we need Vancouver to win in regulation.

Dolph Ziggler 02-03-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastman (Post 43491785)
I hope some Blues player remembers to pay Doughty back.

I just hope they remember how to play after this ridiculous layoff lol

h22prelude93 02-03-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi (Post 43507347)
I just hope they remember how to play after this ridiculous layoff lol

Lol, yeah you've got Reaves, Oshie, and Stewart who apparently just got back from a nice little vacation in the Bahamas. Not to worry though...I'm sure they were all just down there doing "charity" work. :laugh:

PocketNines 02-03-2012 02:58 AM

I have confidence in Hitchcock getting the guys ready to play. It sounded like they came back at practice on Monday focused of their own accord, so that's a good sign.

Nashville and Chicago have absolutely brutal schedules the rest of the way. Look at Nashville's opponents this month. Not like the creampuffs they loaded up on to climb back into division contention total opposite. Chicago is off to a rocky start on their nine-game trip. Seven games left and they've lost four in a row. Then they return home and the first two games are Blues then Wings. (If you want to see a major meltdown go read the Hawks GDT from tonight against Edmonton. They are NOT happy. There is even one comment about firing Q to hire Payne. I **** you not.)

As for LA, the Blues owe this team a beating. One of the three regulation losses on home ice (Nashville on opening night and Chicago in early December the others), plus the 5-0 disaster during the final days of Payne. The Kings match up well against the Blues because they too play a strong defensive game they're physical, they have a great PK and rely on D and goaltending so the Blues will have to work that much harder to generate quality scoring chances. Since that embarrassment where the Wings donutted them, the Kings have gotten points in 15 of 17 games (9-2-6) with 11* of those going to overtime/shootout and the two regulation losses being close affairs. Their schedule has not been very tough, though.

*Yes, I'm counting the Columbus game because we're talking about how their play deserves to be characterized, not how they've been granted points.

Thallis 02-03-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h22prelude93 (Post 43508461)
Lol, yeah you've got Reaves, Oshie, and Stewart who apparently just got back from a nice little vacation in the Bahamas. Not to worry though...I'm sure they were all just down there doing "charity" work. :laugh:

To be fair, one of those players has been on vacation all year. I think we all know which one...

h22prelude93 02-03-2012 09:01 AM

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...9bb30f31a.html
Halak to start tonight, Elliott and possibly Huskins in against Ottawa, Steen & McDonald still out. And Sobotka added to the Backes line.

actionhank1786 02-03-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h22prelude93 (Post 43515745)
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...9bb30f31a.html
Halak to start tonight, Elliott and possibly Huskins in against Ottawa, Steen & McDonald still out. And Sobotka added to the Backes line.

I like the idea of a Backes Sobotka and Oshie line.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.