HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Who Captains the Olympic Teams in 2014 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1096469)

RyK15* 02-02-2012 06:30 PM

Who Captains the Olympic Teams in 2014
 
That is, assuming that NHL players are there. Who in your opinion is deserving of being the ultimate leader for their country and who do you think wear the Cs come 2014? Maybe add the As if you wanna get in-depth.

USA - Backes
Canada - Iginla
Sweden - Lidstrom (should still be around)
Finland - Timonen
Russia - stumped here, I guess I go Morozov again
Czech - Elias
Slovaks - Chara
Swiss - Streit
Germans - Seidenberg

Billy Mays Here 02-02-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryb (Post 43475929)
That is, assuming that NHL players are there. Who in your opinion is deserving of being the ultimate leader for their country and who do you think wear the Cs come 2014? Maybe add the As if you wanna get in-depth.

USA - Backes
Canada - Iginla
Sweden - Lidstrom (should still be around)
Finland - Timonen
Russia - stumped here, I guess I go Morozov again
Czech - Elias
Slovaks - Chara
Swiss - Streit
Germans - Seidenberg

I kinda wonder if Timonen will still be playing by the time the 2014 Olympics come around. He's certainly showing that he's nowhere near retirement yet so I suppose he will be. If he isn't I'd go with Koivu (Mikko). I believe he was Finland's captain in last year's World Championship if I'm not mistaken.

Liloldadyo* 02-02-2012 06:39 PM

I would be surprised if Iggy wasn't the captain. Only other candidate is Crosby.

LeafsandSharksfan 02-02-2012 06:41 PM

Canada: Iginla
USA: Callahan

fly4apuckguy 02-02-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liloldadyo (Post 43476605)
I would be surprised if Iggy wasn't the captain. Only other candidate is Crosby.

I would be surprised if he's even on the team. I love Iggy, but there are younger legs to go with.

Warfunkel 02-02-2012 06:45 PM

Pominville for the states. And I'd put Koivu and Jokinen ahead of Timonen for Finland. Ovechkin for Russia, Grabovski for Belarus and hopefully we'll get to see Ozoliņš lead Latvia again.

DevilChuk* 02-02-2012 06:47 PM

Would be very surprised more and more as I think about it if Parise isn't the captain for the 2014 squad..

Already was an alternate the last go around and played a major role on the team.

Would think Ovechkin (or even Kovalchuk) gets a shot for Russia and doubt Lidstrom is still around.

KaylaJ 02-02-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warfunkel (Post 43477011)
Pominville for the states. And I'd put Koivu and Jokinen ahead of Timonen for Finland. Ovechkin for Russia, Grabovski for Belarus and hopefully we'll get to see Ozoliņš lead Latvia again.

I would guess Kovalchuk if not Morozov

Aquiace 02-02-2012 06:49 PM

Lidstrom will be 43 in 2014 but the idea of him still playing and still being good are hard to dismiss at this point.

Also, I doubt Iginla will be captain. I suspect Canada will go with skill over experience. I'd wager Crosby (if he's back and healthy) or if not, maybe Toews, Stamkos, Tavares

Backes would probably make a good captain. Other options would be Kessel, Ryan, Parise, Kesler or Suter if a defensemen.

KovalSNIPE 02-02-2012 06:50 PM

Parise: USA

Really? Can't believe no one has said his name.

DarthYenik 02-02-2012 06:52 PM

I'd like to see how Bobby Ryan would handle a C.

I've always figured he would be the future captain of the Ducks.

Honour Over Glory 02-02-2012 06:54 PM

In 2yrs?

Canada - Crosby.
USA - Parise or Kesler

Which probably angers the haters, but he's the best option if he returns and is healthy.

tonttuzi 02-02-2012 06:54 PM

For Finland Mikko Koivu is the only option, unless Saku is on the team.

Loso 02-02-2012 06:55 PM

Canada - Iginla/Pronger

Flowzak 02-02-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquiace (Post 43477225)
Lidstrom will be 43 in 2014 but the idea of him still playing and still being good are hard to dismiss at this point.

Also, I doubt Iginla will be captain. I suspect Canada will go with skill over experience. I'd wager Crosby (if he's back and healthy) or if not, maybe Toews, Stamkos, Tavares

Backes would probably make a good captain. Other options would be Kessel, Ryan, Parise, Kesler or Suter if a defensemen.

I'm a Leaf fan, but LOL. Oh man. Kessel can't, nor will he ever be Captain of the United States Olympic National Team. I doubt he even gets the A given the other available leadership on the team. Kessel's a great player, but leadership just isn't his thing. That being said, I agree with Parise, Kesler, and Suter as being potential Captains.

Aquiace 02-02-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory (Post 43477495)
In 2yrs?

Canada - Crosby.
USA - Parise or Kesler

Which probably angers the haters, but he's the best option if he returns and is healthy.

Without a doubt, he's the best option if he's healthy. But I think the optimism on that front is waning.

Matt Ryan 02-02-2012 06:59 PM

Canada: Crosby or Toews
USA: Callahan or Backes
Finland: Mikko Koivu
Russia: Ilya Kovalchuk

The rest are about right.

I dont think Iginla will be on the team...we'll see.

avsman 02-02-2012 07:04 PM

USA-Suter, A-Parise, Callahan
Canada-Toews, A-Weber, Tavares
Finland-Koivu, A-Timmonen, Granlund
Sweden-Zetterberg, Karlsson, Landeskog

Jonimaus 02-02-2012 07:12 PM

Lidström won't be around, thats 99% sure. It's going to be Zetterberg.

Scottrockztheworld* 02-02-2012 07:15 PM

USA - Parise or Kesler
Canada - Crosby or Toews
Sweden - H. Sedin or Zetterberg
Finland - Timonen
Russia - Malkin
Czech - Elias
Slovaks - Chara
Swiss - Streit
Germans - Seidenberg

joe89 02-02-2012 07:16 PM

Sweden C: Zetterberg A's: Kronwall, Backstrom(or one Sedin).

compan 02-02-2012 07:16 PM

I think Callahan gets the C for the USA.

CommanderShepard15 02-02-2012 07:19 PM

if im canada i give the C to the big man on D, Shea Weber. As to toews, crosby.

americans give the C to Kesler, As to Suter, parise.

Stad 02-02-2012 07:22 PM

I hope Iginla isn't even on the team.

Canada - Crosby or Toews
USA - Callahan
Russia - Malkin

um 02-02-2012 07:23 PM

canada: crosby or toews
russia: ovechkin or morozov


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.