HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gallagher (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1096681)

Habblues 02-02-2012 11:20 PM

Gallagher

How come so many other NHL teams watched their World Junior players have a great tournament and had the common sense to let them strut their stuff in the show. Montreal signed Gallagher, who IMO was one of the top three players on the team (and looked great in preaseason camp) but never got a call up. Every other team judges a player by talent and ability, but the habs seem to have an age limit I guess. I think he sure could add some spark to our sick PP. What do others think ?

bcv 02-02-2012 11:22 PM

He's not NHL ready.

Richiebottles 02-02-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 43496017)
How come so many other NHL teams watched their World Junior players have a great tournament and had the common sense to let them strut their stuff in the show. Montreal signed Gallagher, who IMO was one of the top three players on the team (and looked great in preaseason camp) but never got a call up. Every other team judges a player by talent and ability, but the habs seem to have an age limit I guess. I think he sure could add some spark to our sick PP. What do others think ?

Has it even been seen for a player to go from Junior to the NHL ? I mean that is not a top prospect. Especially at this time in the year it would be super odd.

The Russian General 02-02-2012 11:24 PM

You can't call up a player from the CHL unless for emergency reasons and that call up is temporary and strictly regulated.

Monctonscout 02-02-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

You can't call up players from junior after they are sent down. Unless it's on an emergency basis where multiple players are out and it's only for a short time.

Aceekay 02-02-2012 11:29 PM

Gallagher would get destroyed in the NHL give him another year or two in Hamilton. Simple.

Habblues 02-02-2012 11:29 PM

Schen for the Leafs.....Connely with Tampa ? and two other players form team Canada went to the NHL right after the tournament.

Habblues 02-02-2012 11:30 PM

He deserved to be on the team from what I saw in preseason

Treb 02-02-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 43496775)
Schen for the Leafs.....Connely with Tampa ? and two other players form team Canada went to the NHL right after the tournament.

Connely was already with the NHL team and was loaned for the WJC. NHL players can go to the WJC, but CHL player can't go to the NHL unless they start the season there.

The Russian General 02-02-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

They were in the NHL when the season started and were given the permission by their teams to play in the tournament.

Viggo Mortensen 02-02-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Because they were already with the Leafs and Bolts....

Habblues 02-02-2012 11:43 PM

OK,,,too bad because he deserves to be in Montreal....IMO

danyhabsfan 02-03-2012 01:05 AM

What is this thread?

Lets call up Beaulieu too.

Everybody know you cant call up CHL player.

My dog knows it.

MasterDecoy 02-03-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 43496915)
He deserved to be on the team from what I saw in preseason

i don't want to say "lol no".

but lol no.

holding your own and yet not scoring in the pre-season against other junior or ahl players does not mean he can hold his own and score in a regular season against actial nhl players.

Talks to Goalposts 02-03-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 43508577)
i don't want to say "lol no".

but lol no.

holding your own and yet not scoring in the pre-season against other junior or ahl players does not mean he can hold his own and score in a regular season against actial nhl players.

Yeah, IMO the correct opinion to take from Gallagher's preseason was that he'd be a pretty strong AHL player if he was allowed in that league this year. Those were the kind of players he was overmatching. Which jives pretty well with how he's done in junior this season.

shutehinside 02-03-2012 07:16 AM

Why would you want him called up now in any place?
The Habs are in such a terrible state and constantly losing. It's a terrible environment to bring in a CHLer no matter how talented, especially in the media firestorm that is Montreal.

bsl 02-03-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Um, does he have a contract to play professionally?

Habaneros 02-03-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 43496423)
You can't call up a player from the CHL unless for emergency reasons and that call up is temporary and strictly regulated.

28th place is an emergency...lol

idk 02-03-2012 07:55 AM

Gallagher had a good preseason, but let's face it - if good preseasons made for good regular seasons we'd have never tried to bury the memory of Mariuz Czerkawski somewhere deep in the recesses of our minds. I think most would agree that, given the choice of throwing him into the hellfire that is the Canadiens (if playing against NHL players didn't eat Gallagher alive the media would've) or allowing him to build his game in the CHL - playing top line minutes with the best players and working the flaws out of his play, the CHL was the best route.

SeriousHabs 02-03-2012 08:06 AM

Ah the Habs fan base. When the solution to our problems is to call up a 19 year old midget with 0 games. :handclap:

I am all for it, it would help the tank nation.

WeThreeKings 02-03-2012 09:32 AM

Lol @ people thinking Gallagher should be in the NHL this season.

MasterD 02-03-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 43512735)
Why would you want him called up now in any place?
The Habs are in such a terrible state and constantly losing. It's a terrible environment to bring in a CHLer no matter how talented, especially in the media firestorm that is Montreal.

Depends on the talent of the player.... I'm not saying he's as good, but guys like Kane or Crosby came in their ****** teams and turned them around.

But no, I don't think Gallagher would be able to do that.

beowulf 02-03-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 43498407)

How does he "deserve"? He is a small, very young player that needs time to mature. He is by no means ready for the NHL.

Jakomyte 02-03-2012 04:01 PM

I'm worried that people think Gallagher is going to come in and be this 1st line/star forward for the team. The guy is going to be a 2nd line winger at best, which is an accomplishment in its own right, but they guy is not going to be some offensive dynamo...

Talks to Goalposts 02-03-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habblues (Post 43498407)

To further what I said earlier. The place he deserves to be is Hamilton because he's pretty much at the edge of being too good for the CHL. But the CHL-NHL agreement is stupid in that regard so he stays there to dominate a lesser league. Its not the end of the world though, he probably develops just fine either way.