HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Top 10 Russian 2012 draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1097563)

Hockeysemin 02-03-2012 09:35 PM

Top 10 Russian 2012 draft
 
#1 Mikhail Grigorenko

Birthyear: 1994-05-16
Birthplace: Khabarovsk
Position: Center
Shoots: Left
Height: 188 cm / 6'2"
Weight: 83 kg / 183 lbs
''Great hockey IQ, very skilled with the puck and can make some incredible passes. He also has good shoot and decent skating. Sometimes he looks lazy and uninterested but too much skill to pass''

Comparable too: Joe Thornton



2010-2011
CSKA Red Army 43 17 18 35
Russia U17 (all) 3 2 3 5
Russia U18 WJC-18 7 4 14 18
Russia U19 WJAC-19 4 3 3 6

2011-2012
Québec Remparts 41 28 36 64
Russia U20 WJC-20 6 2 3 5


#2 Nail Yakupov

Birthyear: 1993-10-06
Birthplace: Nizhnekamsk
Position: Right Wing
Shoots: Left
Height: 181 cm / 5'11"
Weight: 86 kg / 190 lbs

''Speedy winger with amazing hands and hockey sense. Know how to score and not afraid go to dirty area to score. Great one timer (A lefty Ovechkin/Kovalchuk like player) Underrated passing skill i would say one of the best passer in OHL. No real weakness, size maybe''

Comparable too: A smaller Alexander Ovechkin



2010-2011
Sarnia Sting OHL 65 49 52 101
Russia U18 WJC-18 7 6 7 13

2011-2012
Sarnia Sting OHL 26 21 32 53
Russia U20 WJC-20 7 0 9 9


#3 Nikita Gusev

Birthyear: 1992-07-08
Birthplace: Moscow
Position: Left Wing
Shoots: Right
Height: 176 cm / 5'9"
Weight: 74 kg / 163 lbs

''A fast skater with amazing hands. He like to play with finesses, a typical russian player. He is a good skater and has a pretty good shoot and passing skills. He is small and need to work on his defense''

Comparable too: Alexander Semin



2010-2011
CSKA Red Army 38 22 37 59
CSKA Moscow 18 1 0 1

2011-2012
CSKA Moscow 12 2 1 3
CSKA Red Army 22 21 31 52
Russia U20 WJC-20 7 3 6 9


#4 Andrei Vasilevski

Birthyear: 1994-07-25
Birthplace: Tyumen
Position: Goalie
Shoots: Left
Height: 190 cm / 6'3"
Weight: 86 kg / 190 lbs

''He is very calm and read the play well. It looks like he always know were the puck is going, and he is very good at cutting of angles for the attacker. Can also make some spectacular saves.''



2010-2011
Tolpar Ufa 14 1.81 .937
Russia U17 2 2.00 .889
Russia U18 WJC-18 6 2.62 .936

2011-2012
Tolpar Ufa 22 2.15 .934
Russia U19 WJAC-19 3 3.29 .926
Russia U20 WJC-20 5 2.01 .953


#5 Anton Slepyshev

Birthyear: 1994-05-13
Birthplace: Penza
Position: Left Wing
Shoots: Right
Height: 185 cm / 6'1"
Weight: 82 kg / 181 lbs

''A skilled forward with great shoot and puck handling. He know where on the ice he should be and play a smart game for his age. Good size and decent skating and playmaking skills.''

Comparable too: Daniel Alfredsson



2010-2011
Dizel Penza-2 20 8 4 12
Russia U17 3 3 0 3
Russia U18 WJC-18 7 3 1 4

2011-2012
Metallurg Novokuznetsk 36 4 2 6
Kuznetskie Medvedi 6 2 1 3



NOte This is my personal list so i judge from what i have seen from the player...

Hockeysemin 02-03-2012 09:36 PM

#6 Nikolai Prokhorkin

#7 Zakhar Arzamastsev

#8 Denis Kamaev


#9 Andrei Makarov

#10 Daniil Zharkov

Bure 02-21-2012 08:42 PM

Not a bad list at all.

I'm really excited about this years draft class for Russians.

MaxV 02-21-2012 11:05 PM

I would say Valeriy Vasiliev has to be in the top 10 also.

ozo 02-22-2012 06:51 AM

Will there be at least 10 Russians drafted this year at all? Last year there were only nine. It sure looks like there could be more Russians being drafted, seeing that so many this year are playing in NA already.

Latgale_fan 03-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 44632023)
Will there be at least 10 Russians drafted this year at all? Last year there were only nine. It sure looks like there could be more Russians being drafted, seeing that so many this year are playing in NA already.

Grigorenko, Yakupov, Slepyshev, Kamaev, Zharkov, Vasilevski for sure, someone will draft Gusev too finally... Andrey Makarov also should be drafted, Prokhorkin, Osnovin... I'd say there will definitely be more than 9 this year and it could be around 15 or even a bit more. U18 Worlds still ahead. Then again already last year couple more were expected but only 9... But it should be more than 9.

JetsAlternate 03-07-2012 12:43 AM

Where would you rank this guy? He's been training hard with Russia's greatest players.


ozo 03-07-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latgale_fan (Post 45617311)
Grigorenko, Yakupov, Slepyshev, Kamaev, Zharkov, Vasilevski for sure, someone will draft Gusev too finally... Andrey Makarov also should be drafted, Prokhorkin, Osnovin... I'd say there will definitely be more than 9 this year and it could be around 15 or even a bit more. U18 Worlds still ahead. Then again already last year couple more were expected but only 9... But it should be more than 9.

I pretty confident, that Gusev won't be taken. He's in the same position as in previous two seasons, still small, still without a place in KHL just racking up points in the MHL.

MaxV 03-07-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 45670079)
I pretty confident, that Gusev won't be taken. He's in the same position as in previous two seasons, still small, still without a place in KHL just racking up points in the MHL.

And he still has excellent skills.

I absolutely think that he is worth a late-round pick.

Garyboy 03-07-2012 01:05 PM

Hopefully the Red Wings spend a late pick on Gusev. Has Red Wing written all over him.

ozo 03-07-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyboy (Post 45684587)
Hopefully the Red Wings spend a late pick on Gusev. Has Red Wing written all over him.

Just for the record, I'm all for that, just I don't see it happening.

NMF78 03-07-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxV (Post 45670791)
And he still has excellent skills.

I absolutely think that he is worth a late-round pick.

he's small and raw but obviously very talented, i would one NHL would take a chance with him in one of the late rounds...

pouskin74* 03-08-2012 02:32 AM

I am pretty much sure that Gusev will be drafted this time.

Helpoing 03-12-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 45686691)
Just for the record, I'm all for that, just I don't see it happening.

Why don't you see Tampa spending a 3-4 rounder on him (maybe even a 2nd, cause TBL is packed with 1st and 2nd round picks)? They've got Kucherov and to lure him they may draft his usual linemate.

ozo 03-12-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helpoing (Post 45935563)
Why don't you see Tampa spending a 3-4 rounder on him (maybe even a 2nd, cause TBL is packed with 1st and 2nd round picks)? They've got Kucherov and to lure him they may draft his usual linemate.

They could of done so a year ago if they wanted.

MaxV 03-12-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 45936535)
They could of done so a year ago if they wanted.

Gusev has raised his stock substancially after the SSS and WJC.

Keep in mind, Viktor Tikhonov was passed over twice before being drafted in the 1st round after his performance in the WJC.

Anyone who saw Gusev play at those tournaments knows he has very impressive skills.

Atas2000 03-18-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMF78 (Post 45688641)
he's small and raw but obviously very talented, i would one NHL would take a chance with him in one of the late rounds...

If Desharnais is capable of scoring 50+ points in the NHL I don't see a problem with Gusev's size.

malkinfan 03-19-2012 11:17 AM

I'm sure Zlobin will be drafted this year.

Invictus12 03-19-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetsAlternate (Post 45665371)
Where would you rank this guy? He's been training hard with Russia's greatest players.


He'd be my first pick!

You laugh but, ask yourself, how many players or goalies in the world would be willing to stop a guy who might just spike their next drink with a radioactive isotope???

Yakushev72 03-20-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiseone96 (Post 46346317)
He'd be my first pick!

You laugh but, ask yourself, how many players or goalies in the world would be willing to stop a guy who might just spike their next drink with a radioactive isotope???

I noticed in the video that the goalies were letting a lot of baby shots go through!

Latgale_fan 03-21-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 45936535)
They could of done so a year ago if they wanted.

Yeah but this year they saw him in Subway Super Series and WJC. He was the secon best Russian in WJC, after Kuznetsov, and in SSS the leader of the team so I think somebody will take him in round 7, if not earlier. Despite not being able to crack KHL he's also put up a massive amount of points in MHL...

Hockeycritic 06-13-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garyboy (Post 45684587)
Hopefully the Red Wings spend a late pick on Gusev. Has Red Wing written all over him.

Be sure Red Wings with its Russian scout picks Gusev if any opportunity late round and player is still available on the list.;):nod:

Hockeycritic 06-13-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helpoing (Post 45935563)
Why don't you see Tampa spending a 3-4 rounder on him (maybe even a 2nd, cause TBL is packed with 1st and 2nd round picks)? They've got Kucherov and to lure him they may draft his usual linemate.

Though this team doesn't have Russian scout they can pick Gusev to reunite teammates who form fantastic duo together...:handclap: and maybe as a center another Russian pick Prokhorkin who was center forward 11-12 season for both players Kucherov and Gusev.;)

cska78 06-13-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeycritic (Post 50858809)
Though this team doesn't have Russian scout they can pick Gusev to reunite teammates who form fantastic duo together...:handclap: and maybe as a center another Russian pick Prokhorkin who was center forward 11-12 season for both players Kucherov and Gusev.;)

is Kucherov going to Norfolk?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.