HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Huberdeau or Grigorenko (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1098097)

shortcat1 02-04-2012 02:29 PM

Huberdeau or Grigorenko

I read this scenario on some site this morning. I forget where but the idea intrigued me.

This based upon a number of assumptions.

1) The Canadiens get 2nd pick overall this June.

2) Grigorenko isn't picked 1st overall.

3) The Canadiens GM succeeds in convincing the Panthers GM to make the above trade on a one for one basis.

I'm aware that many opinions about Grigorenko say that he's an outstanding prospect (by some even the best in this year's crop) but, nevertheless I believe that there are risks in picking him (Russian factor, Zherdev, etc.)

On the other hand, Huberdeau has shown some very good stuff but, still, a risk remains. He's considered an 8.5C on hockeysfuture so that's pretty good but still shows the possibility of ending up with a second line player.

So, for me, it's a toss-up, with a bit of a lean towards Huberdeau.

ClasslessGuy 02-04-2012 02:32 PM

don't know why but I would take Grigorenko

PATCHESx67 02-04-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortcat1 (Post 43578647)
I read this scenario on some site this morning. I forget where but the idea intrigued me.

3) The Canadiens GM succeeds in convincing the Panthers GM to make the above trade on a one for one basis.

I'm aware that many opinions about Grigorenko say that he's an outstanding prospect (by some even the best in this year's crop) but, nevertheless I believe that there are risks in picking him (Russian factor, Zherdev, etc.)

On the other hand, Huberdeau has shown some very good stuff but, still, a risk remains. He's considered an 8.5C on hockeysfuture so that's pretty good but still shows the possibility of ending up with a second line player.

hellz no

Grigs >>> Huberdeau

and for ur information Hubs is a LW

Mrb1p 02-04-2012 02:33 PM

Grigorenko easily.

Huberdeau would not have been much of a factor this year IMO.
Grigo will be.

Et le But 02-04-2012 02:36 PM

Yakupov.

Theosis 02-04-2012 02:36 PM

Grigorenko.

Somehow get Columbus' pick as well and take Yakupov :naughty:

pine 02-04-2012 02:36 PM

grigo please

schumway2 02-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

That won't be too hard.

pine 02-04-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

on the other hand, huberdeau has shown some very good stuff but, still, a risk remains. He's considered an 8.5c on hockeysfuture so that's pretty good but still shows the possibility of ending up with a second line player.

9.0 c > 8.5c

Myron Gaines* 02-04-2012 02:52 PM

Grigorenko is everything that Huberdeau is and more.

shortcat1 02-04-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine (Post 43579937)
9.0 c > 8.5c

Where do you get the 9.0 C?

Huberdeau's rating isn't based upon the opinion of one person. I don't know but I can't believe that the 8.5 is based solely on the opinion of the writer for the Panthers. There has to be some sort of 'team work' to get that and to put him 10th best in their top prospects list. On top of that, Huberdeau's described as having an elite skillset.

Undertakerqc 02-04-2012 02:58 PM

Grigorenko is a real big center. Thats our biggest need, i go for him

Jake5 02-04-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theosis (Post 43579365)
Grigorenko.

Somehow get Columbus' pick as well and take Yakupov :naughty:

that would be incredible, although i don't know if PG could pull it off

Pacioretty-Grigorenko-Yakupov

:yo:

poetryinmotion 02-04-2012 03:25 PM

I am baffled at this poll.

Grigs times a hundred thousand millions.

shortcat1 02-04-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAlone (Post 43580713)
Grigorenko is everything that Huberdeau is and more.

You're probably right but, still, I have reservations about picking a Russian so high regardless of their perceived talent level.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 02-04-2012 03:28 PM

Huberdeau > our 1st.

The Kremelin Wall* 02-04-2012 03:39 PM

If we have the second overall, Grigo. After Yakupov and Grigorenko though, I'd rather Huberdeau over the rest of this draft.

peate 02-04-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patofqc (Post 43581069)
Grigorenko is a real big center. Thats our biggest need, i go for him

I agree, and ask him to bring his coach along.

Sam I Am 02-04-2012 04:08 PM

I'd take Huberdeau for our first right now. If we drop to 29th overall...I'd do the same!

Huberdeau > Grigorenko.

Erik Estrada 02-04-2012 04:15 PM

As far as I'm concerned

Huberdeau is much better than trading our 1st for an overpaid vet.
Keeping our 1st is much better than trading our 1st for an overpaid vet.

Please: no over-the-hill flotsam from other GMs.

Roulin 02-04-2012 05:13 PM

Unless they've soured on Huberdeau for some reason, I don't see the Panthers making this trade. The two players are close enough that you might as well stick with the one you know, who is already developing well in your organization.

FiveForDrawingBlood 02-04-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

I think you miss understand their rating system...a 10 is a Bobby Orr or Gretzky...an 8.5 is a first line forward not a second line player

Aurel Joliat 02-04-2012 06:00 PM

Huberdeau !

Every player who played Junior with the Remparts is overrated

24stanleycups* 02-04-2012 06:07 PM

Huberdeau. No question. He's canadian. and being in montreal, i guess he sorta gets bonus points for being french-canadian. I would love to have this guy on the habs. Not some ****ing heartless russian who's just gunna bolt or fold when he can't handle this league.

pine 02-04-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24stanleycups (Post 43592597)
Huberdeau. No question. He's canadian. and being in montreal, i guess he sorta gets bonus points for being french-canadian. I would love to have this guy on the habs. Not some ****ing heartless russian who's just gunna bolt or fold when he can't handle this league.

So many things wrong with this post...