HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Congrats Lupul (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1098783)

fahad203 02-05-2012 03:10 AM

Congrats Lupul
 
For reaching a career high in points.


Not bad for a salary dump

pooleboy 02-05-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahad203 (Post 43623871)
For reaching a career high in points.


Not bad for a salary dump

and a stop-gap :sarcasm: never said he was a salary dump and faught many people on HF saying he will be good next season (this season)

congrats u beaut

Avim86 02-05-2012 03:24 AM

I come in peace , our season is in shambles , nothing ever seems to go right , but these things happen right?
Anyways...wanted to say I've watched a few games(5-6) and Lupul is a real leader for you guys doesn't take a shift off always tries to improve on his mistakes(if any).
It seems to suit him to be the guy you can count on and it really shows that players can look so different when in a suitable environment (no offence to Anaheim/Flyers they had logjams on RW Perry/Ryan and Giroux/Carter (I believe he was being used as RW with Richards as C).

Lupul on pace for 90 pts + is great , if he keeps on clicking with Kessel and Reimer keeps playing well , 6-8th is yours and once your in those playoffs anything can happen with momentum/luck.

Best regards , Habs/Hockey Fan. :handclap:

Schennanigans 02-05-2012 03:27 AM

Congrats Lupes, you deserve it. So happy to have you here. Him and Kessel is just a great pair.

Eamonn* 02-05-2012 03:33 AM

I love how he was tossed away from Anaheim because he couldn't play LW.

LeafErikson* 02-05-2012 03:34 AM

Shoe in for the Masterton.

That Jake Gardiner kid aint half bad, either.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 02-05-2012 05:59 AM

Awesome. Didn't think he would keep up the PPG pace a couple of months ago, glad he's exceeding expectations.

Here's hoping he leads the charge here in Toronto for many years to come.

DirtyDion03 02-05-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK46Awesome (Post 43624029)
I come in peace , our season is in shambles , nothing ever seems to go right , but these things happen right?
Anyways...wanted to say I've watched a few games(5-6) and Lupul is a real leader for you guys doesn't take a shift off always tries to improve on his mistakes(if any).
It seems to suit him to be the guy you can count on and it really shows that players can look so different when in a suitable environment (no offence to Anaheim/Flyers they had logjams on RW Perry/Ryan and Giroux/Carter (I believe he was being used as RW with Richards as C).

Lupul on pace for 90 pts + is great , if he keeps on clicking with Kessel and Reimer keeps playing well , 6-8th is yours and once your in those playoffs anything can happen with momentum/luck.

Best regards , Habs/Hockey Fan. :handclap:

Actually one of the problems Lupul had was all the coaches and everything were playing him on the right side. Lupul has said a few times that he likes the left side better and this is one of the reasons for his improvements. Just saying..

Igy 02-05-2012 09:22 AM

Hope Burke can get him signed after next season. This guy deserves to end his career as a Leaf.

puckbunnygirl 02-05-2012 11:21 AM

lupul's definitely been good, well, better than good.


anyways, i believe there's a clause in the trade where we get like an additional 3rd or 4th rounder (or some such) if lupul plays a certain number of games either this season or next.... so it looks like we're going to be getting another bonus out of that trade.

bozaksniffles* 02-05-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igy (Post 43627645)
Hope Burke can get him signed after next season. This guy deserves to end his career as a Leaf.

Lupul is on the record saying he is grateful to Burke for believing in him when it seemed no one else was. Shouldn't be a problem to bet him signed, but who knows.

He also deserves to be wearing an A on his sweater, based on an outsiders perspective.

Shimso 02-05-2012 11:33 AM

He's sort of like the Leafs' Bautista.
Congrats to him.

KingBuzzo 02-05-2012 11:40 AM

Loooooops! What a story year for this guy, and I couldn't be happier for him.

BlueBaron 02-05-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckbunnygirl (Post 43631303)
lupul's definitely been good, well, better than good.


anyways, i believe there's a clause in the trade where we get like an additional 3rd or 4th rounder (or some such) if lupul plays a certain number of games either this season or next.... so it looks like we're going to be getting another bonus out of that trade.

That doesnt make much sense, it's usually the other way around, if he doesn't play X number of games you get a pick. If a player is doing well why would the team have to give up more ?

puckbunnygirl 02-05-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBaron (Post 43633011)
That doesnt make much sense, it's usually the other way around, if he doesn't play X number of games you get a pick. If a player is doing well why would the team have to give up more ?

because of his 4.25 million salary or whatever it's at. lupul was expected to be significantly overpaid, and thus a burden on our cap.

so if he was going to stay with the leafs, and play, that meant we'd need further compensation for eating that salary.


as it turns out, he's earned every penny of his salary.

ToneBone03 02-05-2012 01:02 PM

Lupul has been a beast all season. Masterton for sure.

Brymas McCaberle 02-05-2012 01:09 PM

Battled serious injuries to get right back to where he was and even improve on it...How could you not love this guy.

ForSpareParts* 02-05-2012 01:11 PM

*I*
 
said he was a stop-gap.

how was i supposed to know?





does Burke trade him now that his stock is higher than it will ever be?

Pinto 02-05-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agreement (Post 43639013)
said he was a stop-gap.

how was i supposed to know?





does Burke trade him now that his stock is higher than it will ever be?

lol no.

number72 02-05-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafOfBread (Post 43624215)
Fixed ;)

Lupul is awesome though. I really liked him last year and thought he had great chemistry with Kessel, and I knew he would have a good season (expected 20-25 goals, 50 pts), but I definitely did not see this coming! It's safe to say he's blown away everyone's expectations. Awesome pick-up! :handclap:

The trade worked out like an A for a salary dump.
But seanlinden still has a point. Beauchimen was the top leaf shutdown defender and losing Beauchimen has hurt the leaf GA no doubt. And the trade is especially poor that Schenn and Komisarek are underachieving after Burke gave them big contracts. I'd still do the trade but it cost the leafs a lot of turnovers and inability to clear the puck from the defensive zone.

Now if Burke managed to trade Komisarek for Gardiner and Lupul like wow A++.

Duke Silver 02-05-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number72 (Post 43642209)
The trade worked out like an A for a salary dump.
But seanlinden still has a point. Beauchimen was the top leaf shutdown defender and losing Beauchimen has hurt the leaf GA no doubt. And the trade is especially poor that Schenn and Komisarek are underachieving after Burke gave them big contracts. I'd still do the trade but it cost the leafs a lot of turnovers and inability to clear the puck from the defensive zone.

Now if Burke managed to trade Komisarek for Gardiner and Lupul like wow A++.

Funny considering we're on pace to allow less goals this year.

Even if you were right, I'll take a top-10 scorer and a blue-chip defensive prospect in exchange for some defensive miscues, thank you.

re5piration 02-05-2012 02:40 PM

congrats to our stop-gap!

number72 02-05-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke Silver (Post 43644067)
Funny considering we're on pace to allow less goals this year.

Even if you were right, I'll take a top-10 scorer and a blue-chip defensive prospect in exchange for some defensive miscues, thank you.

Like I said I would still do the trade.
And did you look on Beauchi GA/60 or th teams?

Christ 02-05-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number72 (Post 43642209)
The trade worked out like an A for a salary dump.
But seanlinden still has a point. Beauchimen was the top leaf shutdown defender and losing Beauchimen has hurt the leaf GA no doubt. And the trade is especially poor that Schenn and Komisarek are underachieving after Burke gave them big contracts. I'd still do the trade but it cost the leafs a lot of turnovers and inability to clear the puck from the defensive zone.

Now if Burke managed to trade Komisarek for Gardiner and Lupul like wow A++.

At the time of the trade Schenn was our number one shutdown defender and Phaneuf was playing fantastic with his new partner Aulie. Beauch was valuable to us but losing him was not nearly as tramatic for the Leafs as you make it out to be. Honestly, I don't see any real negative impact from the move and both teams seem to have benifitted from it. The Leafs grant it seem to have done a bit better since the deal...;)

Losing Beauchimen did nothing to hurt the Leafs GA at the time of the deal. You may argue that this was the result of the play of Reimer who had just inherited the starting goaltender position but you cannot say that our GA was negatively impacted by the trade. Our GAA actually went down after the Beauchimen deal and it has stayed down despite some inconsistancies in team goaltending this season.

Schenn may have started the season poorly for the second year in a row but Gardiner and Liles have done wonders in improving our puck movement out of the zone. Not sure about your comment regarding additional turnovers in our own zone...never noticed anything of the kind myself. I remember several posters worried that our team would have problems with additional turnovers after Beauch left but I remember nothing of them actually occuring more often than in the past.

Mansfield 02-05-2012 03:42 PM

congrats!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.