HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hating Alfie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1098845)

BillyD 02-05-2012 07:49 AM

Hating Alfie

Read this in the Ottawa Sun this morning from Don Brennan. Kind of funny:

Quote:

Leafs fans are just goofy. As they were going berserk in celebration of Tyler Bozak making it 3-0, the video board turned to Daniel Alfredsson climbing over the boards, at which point all the cheers were flipped like a switch to boos. Apparently, they hate Alfredsson more than they love their team. And we’re pretty sure 95% of them don’t know why they’re hating Alfredsson
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/04/...super-for-sens

Just so there is no confusion, here is why I hate Alfie:

NiL8r87 02-05-2012 07:51 AM

Lol, they absolutely had it coming after the all-star game.

BrixtonBullet 02-05-2012 07:54 AM

And if that guy watched the fantasy player draft last weekend he would know that their fans hate the Leafs more than they love their own team.

We hate Alfie because we have reasons, they boo and hate the Leafs because they're jealous that they're always going to be the OTHER team in Ontario.

Igy 02-05-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 43625977)

Ya, well the Ottawa Sun is full of morons. Obviously they didn't watch that series where Alfie ran Tucker into the boards and scored the game winning goal in the playoffs. Any real hockey fan cheering for either the Sens or Leafs during that time period understands the reasoning behind the "Boos".

LordRamsay 02-05-2012 07:55 AM

Yep, it was the Tucker hit, and not the Sundin mocking, that gave me my real hate-on for Alfie.

Though that was like 10 years ago...maybe time to move on??

Naahhh...

Ash35 02-05-2012 08:06 AM

Why Leafs fans Boo alfie...

1. Cheap shot on Tucker.

2. His smug Arrogance in interviews after games in playoff series's against the leafs. never giving the Leafs any credit.

3. Taking a slap shot at Scott Scott Niedermayer during the finals.

4. Sens fans childish booing of a Sundin out of simple spite. A guy who had ten time the class and humility as alfie. (Talk about fans not knowing why they are booing a player)

5. Stole his hair do from Carrot Top.

smitty10 02-05-2012 08:11 AM

Why were Ottawa fans booing Lupul so much at the ASG? He's only been a Leaf for about a year (if that). What has he done to get booed like that?

cynicism 02-05-2012 08:13 AM

I take it the poor little Ottawa snowflakes need a cookie?

Igy 02-05-2012 08:19 AM

I just had to comment on it lol.

TMLOBI 02-05-2012 08:19 AM

We boo him because he is a ****ing *******.. he cheap shots with hitting and with actions.. I do give him credit for being a tough ******* though.. he must have a lot of hairs on his ******* and that's why he's a tough *******!.. Where is Bell anyways?

The Apologist 02-05-2012 08:20 AM

Also, it's fun to boo the crap out of him in his own arena. Maybe the Ottawa fans in the arena should be louder? Oh wait....

KuleminFan41 02-05-2012 08:24 AM

^Here's a more in depth look at the hit as well as Quinns reaction lol

Lilou 02-05-2012 08:48 AM

I boo Krusty because he's their captain. No different than Sen fans booing Kessel, Phaneuf, and Lupul all night (or if you can even hear it...Leaf fans own scotia bank place).

The media and fans in that garbage city are butt hurt right now. 6 game losing streak and the worst of it handed to you by their arch rival? Ouch HAHAHA! Sen fans and their media can eat out of my ass. If they don't want to hear their beloved captain boo'd start buying sen/leaf ticktets early. Whiney little runts.

donkeyy0 02-05-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache (Post 43626075)
Yep, it was the Tucker hit, and not the Sundin mocking, that gave me my real hate-on for Alfie.

Though that was like 10 years ago...maybe time to move on??

Naahhh...

I still hate Gretzky for '93. No moving on. Ever.

naturalnumbas 02-05-2012 09:05 AM

Pretty funny he still gets booed. I didn't like the tucker hit or the sundin stick throwing mock either, but that seems like forever ago now, and I wonder how many people booing him even remember either of those things or witnessed them in the first place.

I actually have respect for his longevity, plus seeing him reminds me of the good old days. Have to think he got his in the playoff losses combined with the Bell hit.

DirtyDion03 02-05-2012 09:10 AM

Lol why do they still talk about us? Now they're just grasping at straws.. WE don't have a reason to boo him? Really?

Hurt 02-05-2012 09:10 AM

Lol Ottawa has such an inferiority complex. It's some how Leafs fans' fault that they can't even fill up their own arena and there's enough of us there to hear their precious little captain get booed.

SonofMan 02-05-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 (Post 43626499)

^Here's a more in depth look at the hit as well as Quinns reaction lol

Why did I watch that?! Brings back suppressed frustration. Now I'm so ****ing angry. :rant:

Pi 02-05-2012 09:28 AM

Hey Ottawa, maybe if you filled your arena you wouldn't see your captain get booed?

Just a suggestion.

Brymas McCaberle 02-05-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 (Post 43627353)
Lol why do they still talk about us? Now they're just grasping at straws.. WE don't have a reason to boo him? Really?

At this point they're just looking for something to complain about, continuously pointing out how classless Leafs fans are :lol:

Bob Loblawbrovsky 02-05-2012 09:47 AM

"We struggle to fill our arena and hate the people that do."

NomNom 02-05-2012 09:51 AM

I'm probably part of the handful that actually likes Alfredsson, and the booing is stupid now, but funny at the same time. I am sure he gets a kick out of it as well.

Recently I have a real dislike for Foligno though.

birddog* 02-05-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 43625977)

This article and reporter is clueless. Did he miss the All-Star game? When EVERY Leaf was booed?

Seriously though. Ottawa fans and media have a complex about the Leafs -- not the other way around. There is no special off-ice activities geared towards smearing the Sens when they come to town. Toronto couldn't care less. Yet when Toronto goes to Ottawa -- the off-ice activities are littered with Leaf hate. Even the papers and radio stations.

But I guess all that hate is to be expected when the arena is filled with more of the other team fans and plastered blue with Leafs jerseys. It's one thing getting booed every time you touch the puck in the other teams building but must doubly suck when you are at home.

That said, as a Leaf fan I have the utmost respect for Alfie and think he's a great player. To bad the media in Ottawa are such knobs.

Larcos_Unal 02-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLOBI (Post 43626417)
We boo him because he is a ****ing *******.. he cheap shots with hitting and with actions.. I do give him credit for being a tough ******* though.. he must have a lot of hairs on his ******* and that's why he's a tough *******!.. Where is Bell anyways?

god I loved mark bell for that hit, it's so good it's almost therapeutic to watch over and over.

Hurt 02-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NomNom (Post 43628225)
I'm probably part of the handful that actually likes Alfredsson, and the booing is stupid now, but funny at the same time. I am sure he gets a kick out of it as well.

Recently I have a real dislike for Foligno though.

Traitor! :sarcasm: