HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Wow! I saw a real hockey game tonight! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=109890)

Brooklyn Ranger 10-21-2004 10:52 PM

Wow! I saw a real hockey game tonight!

Too bad, MSG had to go back 10 freakin' years to find a real good one.

Just watched a chunk of the LA-Ranger game from 1994 and all I can say is that hockey has changed--and absolutely not for the better. And to see a young Adam Graves, Zubov (who had quite a game that night), Kovalev, not to mention a young(er) Mark Messier was a real treat.

If the league was locking out the players in order to go back to that type of play, I might feel very differently about the work stopage.

Son of Steinbrenner 10-21-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Too bad, MSG had to go back 10 freakin' years to find a real good one.

Just watched a chunk of the LA-Ranger game from 1994 and all I can say is that hockey has changed--and absolutely not for the better. And to see a young Adam Graves, Zubov (who had quite a game that night), Kovalev, not to mention a young(er) Mark Messier was a real treat.

If the league was locking out the players in order to go back to that type of play, I might feel very differently about the work stopage.

was that the game turbo threw the glove at amonte on a breakaway in overtime amonte got the penalty shot than got stopped?

Edge 10-21-2004 11:00 PM

I cant watch those old games anymore, it makes me not want to watch today's game even more.

You really wanna make yourself sad, go back and watch games from the oilers prime years.

Brooklyn Ranger 10-21-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
was that the game turbo threw the glove at amonte on a breakaway in overtime amonte got the penalty shot than got stopped?

Yep. And the game's being replayed on MSG as we "speak".

Firefly 10-21-2004 11:33 PM

*sigh* The good ol' days. :cry:

Kovy274Hart 10-22-2004 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
I cant watch those old games anymore, it makes me not want to watch today's game even more.

You really wanna make yourself sad, go back and watch games from the oilers prime years.

Agreed 100% Edge. Watching that game, wow. Now that was hockey! Look at the skating and the room they had to go up and down the ice. And the saves.

It really tarnishes what the game has become today. A yuckfest played at a snail's pace.

Unless they make some drastic changes to improve gameplay, I will lose interest when it returns.

Fletch 10-22-2004 02:41 AM

Threw a glove?

I thought Turbo stepped onto the ice and got in Amonte's way. That was a rough game during a tough season for Amonte. Missing that penalty shot was the tip of the iceberg on that one for him.