HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Speculation: 2012-2013 Preds (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1099031)

AintLifeGrand 02-05-2012 12:32 PM

2012-2013 Preds
 
Greetings Tennesseans;

Lets presume that Nashville trades for a big time soon to be UFA like a Parise and gives up Blum, Lindback, and a 1st...maybe some more prospects.

We then sign Parise before he hits the open mkt for 7 mil for 12-13 in a 6 year deal averaging around 7 mil a season.

That leaves us committed to 32 mil plus what we want to pay Suter and Webs which will probably be between 13-14 mil a year for a rough estimated payroll around 53 mil (more if we sign radulov)

We will have to give raises to Wilson and Sergei a well

Does ownership have the cash to put up that kind of payroll?

It kind of blows my mind that a potential roster of

Parise-Smith-Radulov
Wilson-Legwand-Erat
Kostistyn-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Spaling-Tootoo

Weber-Suts
Josi-Ellis
Klein-Boullion

Rinne
Backup

Would still be around 10 mil under the cap

101st_fan 02-05-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 43636039)

Does ownership have the cash to put up that kind of payroll?

That is the great unknown. Ownership has stated that they are willing to spend more next season, how much more is just speculation on our part.

If ownership is willing to spend $4mil over the cap midpoint, we can pretty much build the team you listed assuming Radulov returns (which would be at one very cap friendly season before he could extend).

pekkaslap 02-05-2012 12:45 PM

I'll believe they're spending to the cap when I see them do it. Right now we're still at the very bottom of the league in payroll and spending considerably less than last year. Not trying to be a nay sayer, but talk has been cheap. Literally.

Top 6 Spaling 02-05-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 43636039)
Parise-Smith-Radulov
Wilson-Legwand-Erat
Kostistyn-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Spaling-Tootoo

Weber-Suts
Josi-Ellis
Klein-Boullion

Rinne
Backup


:amazed::yo::eek::hyper::cheers:

Getting Parise to sign (as well as Suter) will be a challenge, but assuming we can do that, plus Rads come back, we are STACKED

randymc2641 02-05-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 43636691)
That is the great unknown. Ownership has stated that they are willing to spend more next season, how much more is just speculation on our part.

If ownership is willing to spend $4mil over the cap midpoint, we can pretty much build the team you listed assuming Radulov returns (which would be at one very cap friendly season before he could extend).

Correct me if I am wrong, hasn't it been said by our ownership that we would be a cap team in 2012-2013? Not just $4 mil over the cap midpoint?

ninetynine* 02-05-2012 12:50 PM

Am I the only one who wants to extend McGrattan?

101st_fan 02-05-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randymc2641 (Post 43637057)
Correct me if I am wrong, hasn't it been said by our ownership that we would be a cap team in 2012-2013? Not just $4 mil over the cap midpoint?

They have said that they'd spend more ... and "closer to the cap" ... there hasn't been an amount publically specified by the owners.

Joe T Choker 02-05-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 43637477)
They have said that they'd spend more ... and "closer to the cap" ... there hasn't been an amount publically specified by the owners.

depends which "cap" they're referring to ... "internal" or "actual cap max as defined by the CBA"

101st_fan 02-05-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets (Post 43637583)
depends which "cap" they're referring to ... "internal" or "actual cap max as defined by the CBA"

It doesn't matter really ... the prudent move is to spend wisely and get the right pieces, not worry about spending to some arbitrary monetary level. If that means the cap midpoint, so be it. Same if it means the cap floor or some point between the midpoint and cap.

I'm constantly amazed at how willing the fan base is to demand expenditures as though a big payroll is some form of guaranteed success. If that were the case, Calgary, Minnesota, and Edmonton would have had some great success over the past few years.

dulzhok 02-06-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 43636039)
Greetings Tennesseans;

Lets presume that Nashville trades for a big time soon to be UFA like a Parise and gives up Blum, Lindback, and a 1st...maybe some more prospects.

We then sign Parise before he hits the open mkt for 7 mil for 12-13 in a 6 year deal averaging around 7 mil a season.

That leaves us committed to 32 mil plus what we want to pay Suter and Webs which will probably be between 13-14 mil a year for a rough estimated payroll around 53 mil (more if we sign radulov)

We will have to give raises to Wilson and Sergei a well

Does ownership have the cash to put up that kind of payroll?

It kind of blows my mind that a potential roster of

Parise-Smith-Radulov
Wilson-Legwand-Erat
Kostistyn-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Spaling-Tootoo

Weber-Suts
Josi-Ellis
Klein-Boullion

Rinne
Backup

Would still be around 10 mil under the cap

Good luck with that.

NoNecksCurse 02-06-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninetynine (Post 43637427)
Am I the only one who wants to extend McGrattan?

me too as well

tserberis* 03-25-2012 10:04 AM

Found it!
Is it time to pull this up yet?

pekkaslap 03-25-2012 10:09 AM

Interesting to see this back now with Rads actually back in a Preds sweater. I hope we can keep SK74 and sign Weber to a long term deal. I think Suter has one foot out the door. Resigning Gill would be nice I think depending on his contract demands. And of course if we could get Radulov locked up here long term that would be nice too.

wadesworld 03-25-2012 10:26 AM

Personally, I think if we can get Rads, Weber and Suter to all sign, we're done. We'll also resign Gill, AK and Gaustad of course, but that won't be a challenge.

I think management will see Rads as "enough" and won't pursue any other big name forwards unless one just happened to land in our lap.

Jonesey 03-25-2012 10:38 AM

I think Gill may retire, and Goose ends up back in Buffalo.

anofsti 03-25-2012 11:28 AM

I really hope they can convince Tollefsen to come back over. He's been great in Sweden and on my national team.


Ever since I heard about Radulov coming back, I wish he could talk to the managment and try to get Patrick Thoresen over too. They had great chemistry when they played together in UFA, and they both had career years when they played there together.

Career stats: http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3419

He's switched to center this year for SKA St. Petersburg, so his points production is lower, but his coach has called him the most important player on the team, and he's lead them too the KHL Western Conference Finals so far.

I'll stop ranting about Norwegians now :)

tserberis* 03-25-2012 12:01 PM

I think we will pass on Gill.
If Suter leaps, we go get someone of his level on FA market.
I don't think we will sign anybody else for D position.

Goose will cost to much to keep him...

tserberis* 03-28-2012 09:39 PM

Preds prospect Mattias Ekholm won the Borje Salming Award as the top defenseman in the Swedish Elite League

Should be on the roster next year.

Top 6 Spaling 03-28-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tserberis (Post 46893241)
Preds prospect Mattias Ekholm won the Borje Salming Award as the top defenseman in the Swedish Elite League

Should be on the roster next year.

We all said the same thing this year....only time will tell.

I will be very curious to see whether he and/or Blum make it next year.

tserberis* 03-28-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 46893485)
We all said the same thing this year....only time will tell.

I will be very curious to see whether he and/or Blum make it next year.

I didn't think he would crack the line up this year. But he sniffed it and should be ready. I think he would be called up at some point if he would not return to Sweden.

Blum should bounce back too. Sophomore slump, 2/3 of NHL players hit that.

But if not, he is a bust.

Shea Weber 03-29-2012 10:03 AM

I kinda think Suter is gone. Think we will try to sign AK?

Just for fun:

Erat - Fisher - Rads
SK - Leg - AK
Wilson - Smith - Horn
Bourque - Spals - Hali

Weber - Josi/FA
Klein - Blum/Ekholm?
Ellis - ??

triggrman 03-29-2012 10:08 AM

I'd like Gill brought back as a bottom paring defenseman in place of Boullion.

tserberis* 03-29-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 46915173)
I'd like Gill brought back as a bottom paring defenseman in place of Boullion.

Gill will retire, if we win the Cup.



Now seriously, do we need 37 years old Gill for 2M as third pair next year?

He is slow as it is, gonna get only worth. I think his time has come.
We have enough kids in pipeline we can bring up.
What we really need on D is Suter's replacement.

Top 6 Spaling 03-31-2012 11:28 AM

I think Colin Wilson starts next year as a Winnipeg Jet.

101st_fan 03-31-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tserberis (Post 46916505)
Gill will retire, if we win the Cup.



Now seriously, do we need 37 years old Gill for 2M as third pair next year?

He is slow as it is, gonna get only worth. I think his time has come.
We have enough kids in pipeline we can bring up.
What we really need on D is Suter's replacement.

Unless Suter stays. Even when he's at his best there isn't a lot of fire or easily observed effort in his game. He plays a very smooth style. We'll see between now and 1 July what his intentions are ... probably more like mid-May or later.

Gill at $2+mil is a stretch, but, at $2mil or less on a one year deal he's a great solidifying factor on the back end.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.