HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Number One Priority by the Trade Deadline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1099435)

hckyplayer8 02-05-2012 10:22 PM

Number One Priority by the Trade Deadline

Is what in your opinion? How would you make it happen?

Vikke 02-05-2012 10:25 PM

Hal Gill. Not sure what it'd cost. We don't need more offense. We don't need another goalie (well...). We need D-men that can eat minutes and DEFEND. Too many loose cannons on our D, it's only Kimmo that's reliable. Coburn, Carle, Mesz, Gus, they all like to jump every single opportunity. We need a solid, stay at home D-man. A PK minute eater, shot blocker, crease clearer.

hckyplayer8 02-05-2012 10:26 PM

Number one priority has to be getting a big, nasty D.

I would dump Bryz, and Carle.

Bring up Leighton since that is what we are basically dealing with these days.

Then dump Shelley for a single beer.

Vikke 02-05-2012 10:29 PM

How are you ever going to "dump" Bryz? That ain't happening, I don't think it'd happen even it was remotely possible to be honest. Carle is staying unless he's traded in a package for a better D-man, which I doubt since he's a UFA.

hckyplayer8 02-05-2012 10:31 PM

:dunno:

Hey, never claimed to be a GM...or even have 1/4 of the smarts of one lol....though I prolly could make it work in NHL 12.

But if there is a will, there is always a way.

Work your magic Homer.

sa cyred 02-05-2012 10:33 PM

Hal Gill reminds me of Modry/other old player past his prime. Bryan Allen would be a better choice. Plays more minutes and does the same exact thing Gill does. He just is 5 years younger.

Honestly, would love to get a young defender who could maybe pair with Timonen and take over in the future.

Vikke 02-05-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 43667043)
Hal Gill reminds me of Modry/other old player past his prime. Bryan Allen would be a better choice. Plays more minutes and does the same exact thing Gill does. He just is 5 years younger.

Yeah, Gill was just the first name that popped up in my head, any D-man that fits the mold is fine for me.

Flyerfan4life 02-05-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 43666771)
Number one priority has to be getting a big, nasty D.

I would dump Bryz, and Carle.

Then dump Shelley for a single beer.

wow i thought id the first and only to suggest these exact moves..

huge kudos. and internet high five.

Prongo 02-05-2012 10:39 PM

I want Bryan Allen. Like others have said he is younger then Gill and I think is playing better then him right now. I also want a fourth line center. Pahlsson from Columbus would be nice, but he probably will be a hot commodity at the deadline.

Devastate 02-05-2012 10:40 PM

Has anyone ever suggested a pick, jvr and carle for suter? That'd give them a young forward for years a dman that'll be a ufa(something thy already have in suter) and a prospect in the pick. Could possibly work. Maybe giving up too much?

Readyrock 02-05-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 (Post 43666771)

After his off-ice flakeout in last year's Buffalo series, I'd be surprised if anyone takes a chance on him again.

Devastate 02-05-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readyrock (Post 43667397)
After his off-ice flakeout in last year's Buffalo series, I'd be surprised if anyone takes a chance on him again.

Off-ice flakeout? I'm not aware?

GKJ 02-05-2012 10:44 PM

Defensemen is there, but a depth forward, maybe two, are mandatory if this team wants to go anywhere in the playoffs. Rinaldo and Zolnierczyk won't cut it as 6-minute guys who don't kill penalties.

hckyplayer8 02-05-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readyrock (Post 43667397)

I know.

Sad part, same **** is happening again.

Bryz blaming D and now D blaming Bryz.

Go in the Bryz thread if you haven't seen it. Kimmo threw Bryz under the bus in his interview lol.

bryzgalovsky* 02-05-2012 10:46 PM

trade bryzgalov and bobrovsky for defensemen (anyone really)

bring up leighton and bacashihua

sign european goalies for phantoms

Readyrock 02-05-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devastate (Post 43667471)
Off-ice flakeout? I'm not aware?

I don't remember the particulars, come to think of it.

I'm pretty sure they called him up for a game, he tanked and then he vanished. While still holding a roster spot, he completely ducked the team and went off radar.

Vikke 02-05-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Readyrock (Post 43667697)
I don't remember the particulars, come to think of it.

I'm pretty sure they called him up for a game, he tanked and then he vanished. While still holding a roster spot, he completely ducked the team and went off radar.

That sounds familiar, yeah. I had completely forgot about that.

Damaged Goods 02-05-2012 10:50 PM

Beauchemin or Zidlicky.

Prongo 02-05-2012 10:50 PM

Anyone that mentions MFL being called up and playing for the Flyers should not be aloud to talk hockey anywhere or anytime in their lives. Ever!

Flyerfan4life 02-05-2012 10:51 PM

there was scuttlebutt he was really depressed. i dont wanna say suicidal but i seem to remember that word getting thrown out.

nothing ever surfaced as to what ever really happened.

basicly he got his return single game shot and wasnt good enuf.

it must have really hit him hard.

hckyplayer8 02-05-2012 10:54 PM

To be fair; you can't tank a guy in the AHL the entire season, call him up for a game during the playoffs and hope for instant delivery.

The guy isn't a world class goaltender, but he is as good or better than what we have been dealt with BryzgoBUM.

GKJ 02-05-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damaged Goods (Post 43667833)
Beauchemin or Zidlicky.

Beauchemin signed a new contract and Zidlicky sucks. And has another $4M cap hit next year.

bryzgalovsky* 02-05-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 43667857)
Anyone that mentions MFL being called up and playing for the Flyers should not be aloud to talk hockey anywhere or anytime in their lives. Ever!

yeah, heaven forbid we bring someone up who will have a 3.00 GAA for 1/5th of bryzgalov's contract (who right now has a 2.86 GAA)

Prongo 02-05-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky (Post 43668361)
yeah, heaven forbid we bring someone up who will have a 3.00 GAA for 1/5th of bryzgalov's contract (who right now has a 2.86 GAA)

MFL has those stats in the AHL. I know Bryz has been horrible this year but really MFL will be even worse. I seriously can't believe anyone would be serious about calling up Leighton. really...

hckyplayer8 02-05-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 43668507)
MFL has those stats in the AHL. I know Bryz has been horrible this year but really MFL will be even worse. I seriously can't believe anyone would be serious about calling up Leighton. really...

He wouldn't be our starter.

And if you manage to find a way out from Bryz's overpaid arse, you can sign a top D to help BOB out.

I think BOB could be something special for us if we stick with him through his growing pains.

The players sure seem to have more faith in him.