HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ottawa / Calgary Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=109952)

rebedom 10-22-2004 01:00 PM

Ottawa / Calgary Proposal
 
I propose that the Ottawa Senators trade Martin Havlat and Todd White to Calgary for Shean Donovan and Marcus Nilson. Calgary gets a high scoring winger in Havlat to compliment Iginla and a good two way centre in Todd White who did get 60 points two years ago. Actually this would be a pretty good line, Havlat, White and Iginla, White would be an upgrade to Yelle and Lombardi.

Ottawa gets a hard nosed gritty winger in Shean Donovan (former Ottawa 67) and a versatile C/LW in Nilson who may eventually click with fellow Swede Alfredson. I hate to lose Havlat because he is one of the most exciting young players in the league but the Sens need to get tougher while still having the ability to score.

MrMastodonFarm* 10-22-2004 01:07 PM

Are you a Senators fan? If so, why would you do this?

As a Flames fan, sign me up right now!

Bring Back Bucky 10-22-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebedom
I proposed that the Ottawa Senators trade Martin Havlat and Todd White to Calgary for Shean Donovan and Marcus Nilson. Calgary gets a high scoring winger in Havlat to compliment Iginla and a good two way centre in Todd White who did get 60 points two years ago. Actually this would be a pretty good line, Havlat, White and Iginla, White would be an upgrade to Yelle and Lombardi.

Ottawa gets a hard nosed gritty winger in Shean Donovan (former Ottawa 67) and a versatile C/LW in Nilson who may eventually click with fellow Swede Alfredson. I hate to lose Havlat because he is one of the most exciting young players in the league but the Sens need to get tougher while still having the ability to score.


I think you are about to get so badly flamed by your fellow sens fan that you might just need 2 fire trucks to stop the carnage. :)

Volcanologist 10-22-2004 01:14 PM

Hoo boy.

Better grab the fireproof suit from the closet, reb.

s7ark 10-22-2004 01:17 PM

Hell as an Oiler fan I'll happily offer up

Horcoff - gritty 2nd/3rd line C/RW/LW how is great defesively and can pot 45-55 points imho
Laraque - Nuff Said
and Isbister - who I think will rebound from a tough last year. Still good as a 2nd/3rd line guy even if he doesn't turn into a top line scorer.

For that Havlat, White package.

Hell I'll even throw in a pick/prospect from our side if you like...

If that is all you're asking for I am all over that

bert 10-22-2004 01:26 PM

Wanna give any more ppg right wingers for castoffs? You are aware that there was only 4 ppg right wingers last year right?

Sting 10-22-2004 02:19 PM

Er...perhaps if someone had slipped some alcohol (ok, a LOT) in Muckler's drink, this trade would happen :)

While we could use Donovan, no way in hell are we gonna give Havlat for the two of them. Let alone adding White :(

rebedom 10-22-2004 02:25 PM

There were those on the Sens board including a few Montreal fans that didn't think Todd White was worth a Marcel Hossa who has had only 13 points in the NHL but they all agree has tremendous potential as did Alexandre Daigle once upon a time.

Todd White - 5'10" 195 lbs. regular season 29 points, playoffs 1 point.
Martin Havlat - 6'1" 190 lbs. regular season 68 points, playoffs 3 points

Two reasons why: first Todd White is a smallish forward and although talented does not fit into the Sens centre position, we have Spezza, Fisher, Vermette and Smolinski. Second, he did not work out well last year on left wing either and because of his size and injury history is considered expendable. Could we get either of the two guys below without Havlat as part of the package?

Havlat has often been mentioned on these boards as having trade value, in fact he is their 3rd line RW behind Alfredson and Hossa. He is a pretty damn good young player with tremendous potential but will eventually leave for more money elsewhere anyway. We need size and grit and these two guys below have it.

Shean Donovan 6'2" 209 lbs - regular season 42 points, playoffs 10 points.

Marcus Nilson 6'2" 195 lbs - regular season 24 points, playoffs 11 points.

Okay then, throw in Robyn Regehr 6'2" 226 lbs, regular season 18 points, playoffs 9 points into the deal for us. The Sens could also use some grit on defence until Phillips decides to toughen up.

SensGod 10-22-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
I think you are about to get so badly flamed by your fellow sens fan that you might just need 2 fire trucks to stop the carnage. :)


5 trucks...

If Havlat was moving...to any team in the NHL...we'd be getting that top 2 line, hard nosed LW we need...or a guy like Phaneuf ;)

MrMastodonFarm* 10-22-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebedom
Okay then, throw in Robyn Regehr 6'2" 226 lbs, regular season 18 points, playoffs 9 points. The Sens could also use some grit on defence until Phillips decides to toughen up.

Ah, no freaking way. Hands off Regehr.

SensGod 10-22-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Ah, no freaking way. Hands off Regehr.


Ya gotta give to get ;)

OooOo...

Redden-Rehehr
Chara-Phillips

DANG SON! :)

Vatican Roulette 10-22-2004 02:33 PM

Phaneuf and Nilson

for

Havlat and White


more like it...

MrMastodonFarm* 10-22-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
Ya gotta give to get ;)

haha well, if I have to give Regehr to get Havlet I say no thanks. Especially if the package already includes Nilson and Donovan.

A big no thanks!

Flames Draft Watcher 10-22-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebedom
Okay then, throw in Robyn Regehr 6'2" 226 lbs, regular season 18 points, playoffs 9 points into the deal for us. The Sens could also use some grit on defence until Phillips decides to toughen up.

"Throw in" Robyn Regehr? Anybody who thinks Regehr is a "throw in" needs to watch some more hockey.

MrMastodonFarm* 10-22-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Phaneuf and Nilson
for
Havlat and White

No thanks. Phaneuf is about as untouchable as it gets for prospects right now, I don't see Sutter trading him at all. It would have to be something special, and Havlet sure isn't that.

Vatican Roulette 10-22-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
No thanks. Phaneuf is about as untouchable as it gets for prospects right now, I don't see Sutter trading him at all. It would have to be something special, and Havlet sure isn't that.

read up on havlat, maybe you'll change your mind.

I dont see either team doing the trade at all, or hell, any of these trades, but its fair value wise.

MrMastodonFarm* 10-22-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
read up on havlat, maybe you'll change your mind.

Read up on Havlett? Uh, gee, thanks for the adivce. You keep reading up on him, I will keep watching him. :)

I have seen plenty of Havlet over the years. His cheap shotting, chicken**** style of hockey doesn't do much on me. I wouldn't trade Phaneuf straight across for him.

Flames Draft Watcher 10-22-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
read up on havlat, maybe you'll change your mind.

I dont see either team doing the trade at all, or hell, any of these trades, but its fair value wise.

I think Havlat is a special player. I definitely covet him.

However there's no way we trade Phaneuf for him. Sutter values top 2 defensemen higher than top two line finesse scorers. As do I.

It's probably fair value wise if you are the type of fan who thinks goal scoring wingers are the most highly valued commodities in the NHL, and many on HF do believe that.

andora 10-22-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Read up on Havlett? Uh, gee, thanks for the adivce. You keep reading up on him, I will keep watching him. :)

I have seen plenty of Havlet over the years. His cheap shotting, chicken**** style of hockey doesn't do much on me. I wouldn't trade Phaneuf straight across for him.

not to mention getting havlat is only a short term thing anyway, sure he'd produce, but good luck keeping him on a tight budget...

amen to your post

AG9NK35DT8* 10-22-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebedom
I propose that the Ottawa Senators trade Martin Havlat and Todd White to Calgary for Shean Donovan and Marcus Nilson. Calgary gets a high scoring winger in Havlat to compliment Iginla and a good two way centre in Todd White who did get 60 points two years ago. Actually this would be a pretty good line, Havlat, White and Iginla, White would be an upgrade to Yelle and Lombardi.

Ottawa gets a hard nosed gritty winger in Shean Donovan (former Ottawa 67) and a versatile C/LW in Nilson who may eventually click with fellow Swede Alfredson. I hate to lose Havlat because he is one of the most exciting young players in the league but the Sens need to get tougher while still having the ability to score.

sorry but the deal is absolutley horrible , far from realistic and never should be made, a trade like that might work in your ea sports hockey video game, but not in the real NHL. You sound like a calgary fan, from your post u say your an ottawa fan right . the trade is completley lopsided in favor of calgary ity would never ever go through.

Bileur 10-22-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
sorry but the deal is absolutley horrible , far from realistic and never should be made, a trade like that might work in your ea sports hockey video game, but not in the real NHL. You sound like a calgary fan, from your post u say your an ottawa fan right . the trade is completley lopsided in favor of calgary ity would never ever go through.


Right to the point, I like.

Bileur 10-22-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Read up on Havlett? Uh, gee, thanks for the adivce. You keep reading up on him, I will keep watching him. :)

I have seen plenty of Havlet over the years. His cheap shotting, chicken**** style of hockey doesn't do much on me. I wouldn't trade Phaneuf straight across for him.

Considering you made two spelling mistakes in his name I think a little reading might do you some good.

Obviousely you havent seen Havlat play as much as you think you have if you describe his style of play as:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
His cheap shotting, chicken**** style of hockey.

Havlat like i've said before in other threads is a 23 year old 30 goal scoring, PPG, winger, he's got some major wheels and plays a chippy game. His top talent is his easily his best attribute, this cheap shotting crap all comes from one incident. Plus you dont like cheap shotting style of play? Thats rich, NIEMINEN is on your team I dont see you complaining about that.

I understand you like Phaneuf and I probably wouldnt do it either (Havlat-Phaneuf) from a Calgary POV but give Havlat the credit he deserves.

andora 10-22-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bileur
Considering you made two spelling mistakes in his name I think a little reading might do you some good.

what is this proving?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bileur
Havlat like i've said before in other threads is a 23 year old 30 goal scoring, PPG, winger, he's got some major wheels and plays a chippy game. His top talent is his easily his best attribute, this cheap shotting crap all comes from one incident.

uhh.. no it doesn't..

HuskyFlames 10-22-2004 04:40 PM

Honestly I would have to think hard about a Regher or Phaneuf for Havlat trade AND I am a huge Flames fan.

Regher will never be a top offensive defenseman but will be a strong defensive guy. Phaneuf is loking AMAZING but he is unproven. The only think I do not like about Havlat is his current contract and salary. The Flames locked regehr in for a 5 year contract at an AMAZING price.

Havlat + Iginla could be a 70-85 goal duo for many years. Leaving us with the following defense.

Leopold - Regher (Phaneuf) - whatever one is left
Lydman - Warrener
Ference - Montador/Commodore/Anders

With Ramholt coming up (another great young defenseman).

Honestly, Phaneuf for havlat would be an amazing trade for the Flames. I see it like this.

The Flames were able to play amazing without Phaneuf last year and have kept all the smae guys (minus Gauts). So basically we would be giving up a top prospect who may take a few years to get his game toegther or may never get it together or may be a top defenseman like Havlat is an upcoming scorer. Keep in mind havlat is a 30 goal scorer with NHL experience.

If the chance came up to do a Havlat for Phaneuf stright up deal (and if havlat was in a good contract) why wouldn't the Flames do it? Adding a top line player for a great prospect would help the Flames much more and have a greater starting impact.

Havlat - Langkow - Iginla

That would be a sweet line!

The whole roster would look like the following:

#1 Havlat - langkow - Iginla
Leopold - Regehr

#2 Simon - Rhino - Kobasew
Lydman - Warrener

#3 Nilson - Lombardi - Donovan
Ference - Montador/Commodore/Anders

#4 Gelinas - Yelle - Clark

Extras: Weimer, Ritchie, Nemo

PS - Personally I think it would have to be a package deal because of the Flames depth/extra forward situation.

Havlat + Volchenkov for Phaneuf, Clark and Wiemer

That would make salaries about equal plus help both teams. ottawa gets a ton of grit and a future top end defenseman while the Flames get an amazing top end forward and a solid young hard hitting defenseman to replace Gauts.

andora 10-22-2004 04:44 PM

weimer isn't an extra, and havlat is a rw


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.