HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Game 52 | 2/8 | Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres | 7:30pm | NBC Sports (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1099643)

Shaun 02-06-2012 09:30 AM

Game 52 | 2/8 | Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres | 7:30pm | NBC Sports

I need to focus on something else so lets shoot the **** about the Sabres.

http://www.isthisyourhomework.com/wp...its-Miller.jpg

Guiledoom 02-06-2012 09:35 AM

8 of 10 on the road. Hope the Bruins can get on a roll.

Is Miller going to be a whiny ***** again pre-game?

chuckdobbins 02-06-2012 09:37 AM

I read the title, and for some reason when I got to "NBC Sports" I sang the old MVP Sports song :laugh:

EMMMMMMM VEEEEE PEEEEEE Spooooooooooorts

EMMMMM VEEEEE PEEE.......SPORTS!

Hopefully somebody else knows what that is so I don't feel like an idiot.

BMC 02-06-2012 09:38 AM

8 of 10 on the road? :scared::scared::scared:

Just kidding.

I think.

Artemis 02-06-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMC (Post 43677309)
8 of 10 on the road? :scared::scared::scared:

Just kidding.

I think.

Well, it's not really a "road trip" until the final six games. They played Sunday in Washington, but now they're home for a day or two before playing in Buffalo Wednesday. Then home again to host Nashville Saturday, another two-day break, then hosting the Rangers Tuesday.

It's after that when the real road trip starts: Wednesday in Montreal, Friday in Winnipeg, Sunday in Minnesota, Wednesday in St. Louis, Friday in Buffalo, Saturday in Ottawa. :phew:

BMC 02-06-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 43677293)
I read the title, and for some reason when I got to "NBC Sports" I sang the old MVP Sports song :laugh:

Yes I know what that is :laugh::laugh:

Kate08 02-06-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Yea! MVP Sports the store, right?

icyblue 02-06-2012 10:13 AM

Well, at least this game is scheduled to be on TSN2. They better not drop it. :rant:

chuckdobbins 02-06-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate08 (Post 43678311)
Yea! MVP Sports the store, right?

Hell yes. Back when street hockey was cool.

KnightofBoston 02-06-2012 10:31 AM

Seeing a GDT up is so calming

Artemis 02-06-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofBoston (Post 43679291)
Seeing a GDT up is so calming

Ohhhmmm...

I finally get a night off work (working OT last week and this), cracking open a bottle of wine and catching up on Netflix. Ohhhhmmmm... :)

Bruins have the day off today as well, so no updates 'till tomorrow.

Addendum: figures that 15 minutes later Hamill goes on waivers. So there's today's update.

ReggieMoto 02-06-2012 11:07 AM

Assuming Nate Horton doesn't make it back...

Julien rolled some pretty interesting lines Sunday afternoon: a first line, two #3 lines, and a fourth line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Kelly - Peverley
Pouliot - Krejci - Caron
Thornton - Campbell - Paille

I say two #3 lines because Kelly and Peverley are both third liners, as are Pouliot and Caron.

Assuming Nate Horton doesn't make it back, does he go with these same lines or does he put Krejci and Lucic back together? Or does he pull another rabbit out of his hat?

Actp 02-06-2012 11:11 AM

He goes with these same lines. As he has in the past, he is counting on Krejci to stabilize the third line and for some production from the Kelly Lucic line. Remember Krejci Wheeler Ryder and Krejci Kessel in the past? It worked Sunday, so might as well try it again.

ronwm 02-06-2012 11:16 AM

http://i.imgur.com/dyOFz.jpg

sooshii 02-06-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 43677785)
Well, it's not really a "road trip" until the final six games. They played Sunday in Washington, but now they're home for a day or two before playing in Buffalo Wednesday. Then home again to host Nashville Saturday, another two-day break, then hosting the Rangers Tuesday.

It's after that when the real road trip starts: Wednesday in Montreal, Friday in Winnipeg, Sunday in Minnesota, Wednesday in St. Louis, Friday in Buffalo, Saturday in Ottawa. :phew:

so.... does Chiarelli make his "deadline" trade(s) before the roadtrip like he did last year?

Ladyfan 02-06-2012 11:40 AM

I was so sure there was no game until Wed. :)

A win please.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO

ProdigalFan 02-06-2012 11:45 AM

Will Miller come down with the Bruin flu prior to the game?:naughty:

NastyNate17 02-06-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooshii (Post 43681663)
so.... does Chiarelli make his "deadline" trade(s) before the roadtrip like he did last year?

It'll sure be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of days. I'm hoping to see some moves made sooner than later, if we can address some needs without forfeiting a roster player that'd be ideal.

pedrospecialk 02-06-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronwm (Post 43681229)

Fantastic

bruinmann77 02-06-2012 11:59 AM

Another game that i won't be able to hear Jack and Brick

nonoffensiveusername 02-06-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cursednumber6 (Post 43681005)
He goes with these same lines. As he has in the past, he is counting on Krejci to stabilize the third line and for some production from the Kelly Lucic line. Remember Krejci Wheeler Ryder and Krejci Kessel in the past? It worked Sunday, so might as well try it again.

Big difference with WKR was that line, for a while, was the most dangerous line in the NHL.

Shaun 02-06-2012 12:41 PM

I guess its open season on coaches now

Quote:

Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff left practice early today in First Niagara Center after taking a scary fall in the wake of a collision with defenseman Jordan Leopold.
Leopold was working in a 1-on-1 drill with Ville Leino and lost his balance, sliding to the ice and barreling into Ruff from behind. Ruff went airbone and landed hard on the ice, letting out a scream as his body crumpled that echoed through the empty arena.
Trainers quickly attended to Ruff and he gingerly left the ice after a couple minutes clearly favoring his right leg and his right shoulder. Ruff was unable to hold his daily meeting with reporters and his condition is not immediately known. Team spokesman Chris Bandura said he did not know if Ruff would be checked at a hospital and said the club would update his status later today.
"I lost my breath," Leopold said of going to the ice and seeing the impending collision with the NHL's longest-tenured coach. "I was looking back and I kind of yelled, "Are you all right? Are you all right?' Right away, no. That wasn't a good thing.
"I know Lindy is a tough guy, played a lot of games in the NHL and played through a lot of injuries. Your body ends up hurting more and more the older you get but that was one of those unexpected ones. Those are dangerous."
"To see him in that much pain, he probably has something going on there," added goalie Ryan Miller. "Hopefully we get that sorted out and he's all right. We need him behind the bench yelling and calling the lines. Lindy being a former player, he knew how to take the fall. He took it into his body instead of letting his head whip back or else it could have been really devastating."
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...s-unknown.html

murphdasmurf2 02-06-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

My sister worked at the one in Newington a while back.

Gee Wally 02-07-2012 11:41 AM

Sabres coach Lindy Ruff absent day after breaking 3 ribs

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff is absent from practice a day after breaking three ribs during an on-ice collision in practice with defenseman Jordan Leopold.

General manager Darcy Regier is scheduled to update Ruff’s status later in the day. The Sabres had initially announced Monday that Ruff was expected to resume his coaching duties Tuesday.

That didn’t happen as assistant coach James Patrick ran practice. It’s unclear whether Ruff will behind the bench for Buffalo’s home game against Boston on Wednesday

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...&position=also

chuckdobbins 02-07-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 (Post 43697557)
My sister worked at the one in Newington a while back.

It's too bad they closed em all down :shakehead I bought so many cheap baseball gloves, cleats, and street hockey gear there.