HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   just a fans thoughts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1100015)

1971kingsfan 02-06-2012 04:54 PM

just a fans thoughts

The offense?
Are the kings taught to shoot the puck every time they touch the top of one of the face off circles? I counted 8 shots in a row from that spot last game. It is a very low scoring percentage area. Why is it so hard to get to the center of the ice and shoot from a high % scoring area? (Kopitars goal)

The cycle they play is just painful to watch. First they don't have the big bodies to wear out the other team. Second no one cuts to the net during the cycle. The 2 defense-men instead of cutting to the net both stay up high and wait for a turnover so they can be in defensive position. This allows the defensive team to commit all 5 players against our 3.

funky 02-06-2012 05:17 PM

A mystery to a lot of us I am sure!

KingsKnight 02-06-2012 05:42 PM

Getting bodies to the front would be a start. I understand our cycle works in terms of puck possession, but if you never get a chance or shot out of it, then it means little. I would love to see guys like Penner and Hunter park it in front of the net and either block the goalie's view or pick up a rebound. At least pull their defense away from the playmaker by being a threat in front.

kingsdarkness 02-06-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsKnight (Post 43696901)
Getting bodies to the front would be a start. I understand our cycle works in terms of puck possession, but if you never get a chance or shot out of it, then it means little. I would love to see guys like Penner and Hunter park it in front of the net and either block the goalie's view or pick up a rebound. At least pull their defense away from the playmaker by being a threat in front.

I've been saying Penner is being used the wrong way. He only stays down low, not to sure what Hunter is doing. :shakehead

Pucknut50 02-06-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1971kingsfan (Post 43695431)
The offense?
Are the kings taught to shoot the puck every time they touch the top of one of the face off circles? I counted 8 shots in a row from that spot last game. It is a very low scoring percentage area. Why is it so hard to get to the center of the ice and shoot from a high % scoring area? (Kopitars goal)

The cycle they play is just painful to watch. First they don't have the big bodies to wear out the other team. Second no one cuts to the net during the cycle. The 2 defense-men instead of cutting to the net both stay up high and wait for a turnover so they can be in defensive position. This allows the defensive team to commit all 5 players against our 3.

First off I have been a Kings fan since 1971 too. Widing, Cowboy Flett, Berry, Marotte, Butch, Pully, Lemieux, Lonsberry, Backstrom, Potvin, Howell, Barrie, Jet Joyal, Bernier, Curtis, Hoganson, Vachon, Edwards, and others I can't remember at the moment. Such great memories.

Your right regarding the the Kings they are painful to watch. I have watched pretty much every televised game since 1971 also went to many games in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. But with most games on TV don't go to many any longer. This year is the worst offensive team I have ever seen even the crappy teams in past were more entertaining than this drivel. Will always love this team and hope somehow we turn it around. I tell my wife we need a savior someone who sparks this team - I don't think it will be a skill player but someone who just goes balls to the walls every shift. I'm thinking Nolan he seems to have a chip on his shoulder and looks like a player opponents would hate. We need emotion and players like Nolan bring it out.

ZJames 02-06-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pucknut50 (Post 43701201)
First off I have been a Kings fan since 1971 too. Widing, Cowboy Flett, Berry, Marotte, Butch, Pully, Lemieux, Lonsberry, Backstrom, Potvin, Howell, Barrie, Jet Joyal, Bernier, Curtis, Hoganson, Vachon, Edwards, and others I can't remember at the moment. Such great memories.

Your right regarding the the Kings they are painful to watch. I have watched pretty much every televised game since 1971 also went to many games in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. But with most games on TV don't go to many any longer. This year is the worst offensive team I have ever seen even the crappy teams in past were more entertaining than this drivel. Will always love this team and hope somehow we turn it around. I tell my wife we need a savior someone who sparks this team - I don't think it will be a skill player but someone who just goes balls to the walls every shift. I'm thinking Nolan he seems to have a chip on his shoulder and looks like a player opponents would hate. We need emotion and players like Nolan bring it out.

The more I hear about this guy, the more excited I get to see him on this team. Looking forward to a lot of the young guys. Nolan, Deslauries, Vey, Kozun, Toffoli. Hopefully these guys can turn into good and dependable players for this team.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 02-06-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 43696127)
A mystery to a lot of us I am sure!

It's probably time to call in Scooby Doo and the rest of those meddling kids.

Kurrilino 02-06-2012 11:17 PM

Well this is exactly what Murray punched into the kids when they were at the most critical point of their career.
We just get what we were asking for.

Mr Irreverent 02-07-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 43711457)
It's probably time to call in Scooby Doo and the rest of those meddling kids.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...ask_1_1750.jpg