HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Paajarvi Recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1100691)

Skm 02-07-2012 12:26 PM

Paajarvi Recalled

Confirmed by Oilers twitter feed

I just can't see the constant recalling and assigning being good for him. Hard to get into a groove mentally.

Thought we could use this as a general Magnus discussion thread, mods feel free to merge.

oilsands 02-07-2012 12:30 PM

Good god, what kind of circus management is running this operation? Keep him in the minors for the rest of the year, no matter what. Call up another scrub, or get in on a waiver wire pickup to fill the gap that is the 11-12 Oilers season.

In an unrelated note, Gilbert Brule is 10gp 3g 1a 4pts in Phoenix.

Replacement 02-07-2012 12:32 PM

This makes little sense whatsoever. The guy scores 1 goal in 14GP in the AHL, hasn't scored all year here and now we call him up?

Note:

This is karma post.

My way of willing a goal out of Paajarvi.:laugh:

misfit 02-07-2012 12:34 PM

I disagree that constantly recalling/assigning him is going to have a negative affect on anything in terms of his development or confidence.

If Nuge is hurt, and Paajarvi is our best player on the farm, then the call-up makes perfect sense to me.

Hoogaar23 02-07-2012 12:35 PM

So what? He doesn't score for a couple of games and gets sent back down? This is stupid IMO. Especially with Omark set to come back. Would love to have seen them go on a tear in OKC.

Blue Dot 02-07-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 43732567)
This makes little sense whatsoever. The guy scores 1 goal in 14GP in the AHL, hasn't scored all year here and now we call him up?

Note:

This is karma post.

My way of willing a goal out of Paajarvi.:laugh:

what? that is silly. that could never work, neeeeever. just like MP will never score again. he is the new gomez.

nope, no chance he scores, none, zip zero.

(adding my will to your plan!)

Billy Barou 02-07-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 43732615)
I disagree that constantly recalling/assigning him is going to have a negative affect on anything in terms of his development or confidence.

If Nuge is hurt, and Paajarvi is our best player on the farm, then the call-up makes perfect sense to me.

Nuge plays center. Don't see how that is related to PRV. We have enough centers - gagner, horc, belanger, lander.

The guy needs more time developing. This is ridiculous bumping him up and down. There is no need to rush him. Wonder if this is somehow related to contract talks with Hemmer...

Rawg 02-07-2012 12:39 PM

How many other players do we have down there who would be good to bring up in his place?

His ELC is already being wasted may as well give him NHL time

nabob 02-07-2012 12:40 PM

So who is going to be moved to the top 6 to make room for Paajarvi on the 4th line?

Or maybe he is a HS and Hordi suits up?

Alex87 02-07-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

This is how I see it too. If he earned the call-up, let him play. I wonder if the critics here are the same ones who crucified MacT for not bringing up Rob Schremp...? It looks like the Oilers are starting to take more of a Kadri-Burke approach with Paajarvi.

Besides, I think Renney is willing to rotate players in and out of OKC if the performance isn't there. If he's not playing well after a game or two, he'll go down and we might see Hartikainen or someone else come up.

alanschu 02-07-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Barou (Post 43732829)
Nuge plays center. Don't see how that is related to PRV. We have enough centers - gagner, horc, belanger, lander.

The guy needs more time developing. This is ridiculous bumping him up and down. There is no need to rush him. Wonder if this is somehow related to contract talks with Hemmer...

We had a center lining up on the wing last game.

nabob 02-07-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanschu (Post 43733055)
We had a center lining up on the wing last game.

thats cool why not just move that turd back to center instead of yo-yoing Paajarvi?

oiler-dude 02-07-2012 12:48 PM

This is a useless call up unless he is given Top 6 minutes consistently. He does no good on a 4th line with Belanger. But you know damn well that's where he'll be. :help:

In reality, I don't think he should even be up here at all though. Let the kid develop some confidence for God's sake. :shakehead

alanschu 02-07-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabob (Post 43733143)
thats cool why not just move that turd back to center instead of yo-yoing Paajarvi?

There's still an open roster spot if Hopkins is out.

I.E. it's just as valid to bring up a winger as it is a center. Probably MORE valid actually.

Paajarvi is currently a bubble player. Not surprisingly he's going up and down.

Valic 02-07-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabob (Post 43733143)

We are, which then leaves an opening on the wing!

Senor Catface 02-07-2012 12:51 PM

I would have preferred Harti. I know he was less than impressive his last go-through, but...but...screw it, I like him.

misfit 02-07-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Barou (Post 43732829)

So are you saying we have enough centers, or do we need to bring up a center to replace Nuge? Because it looks like you're saying both to me.

A forward went down, we need to bring up a forward (either that or play Hordichuk full time). Like you said, we have enough centers that Nuge's replacement doesn't have to be a centerman. What we need is a forward who's better than Darcy Hordichuk, and Paajarvi is the best one we've got on the farm.

Diamondillium 02-07-2012 12:55 PM

Uggggghhhhhh

nabob 02-07-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 43733411)
... Paajarvi is the best.

I agree.:yo:

McCanovin 02-07-2012 12:56 PM

We have so many LWs down in minors, but it had to be MPS? ******* this is really getting on my nerve!! C. Hamilton or Harti or something.

ponokanocker 02-07-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

I agree. Getting called back up after playing well in the minors shows PRV that management notices and wants him to succeed up here. If his solid play is ignored, that could be worse. They know from last year that he can play, so I imagine they told him to go down and work on some things.

Here`s to hoping that he gets a shot on the top 2 lines. His speed could be deadly with the way Eberle and Gagner are playing.

Senor Catface 02-07-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canovin (Post 43733539)
We have so many LWs down in minors, but it had to be MPS? ******* this is really getting on my nerve!! C. Hamilton or Harti or something.

Hamilton needs plenty of time to figure out AHL players before he gets shell shocked on this level.

Muscles Glasses 02-07-2012 12:58 PM

Eberle-Gagner-Hall
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hemsky
Smyth-Belanger-Jones
Petrell-Lander-Eager

Potential lineup? Although I wouldn't be surprised if they just throw Paajarvi back with Belanger as the chemistry was unmatched earlier in the year. :sarcasm:

joestevens29 02-07-2012 01:02 PM

2003/04/28 Recalled from Binghamton (AHL).
2003/04/25 Assigned to Binghamton (AHL).
2003/03/06 Recalled from Binghamton (AHL).
2003/02/21 Assigned to Binghamton (AHL).
2003/02/20 Recalled from Binghamton (AHL).
2003/02/17 Assigned to Binghamton (AHL).
2003/02/13 Recalled from Binghamton (AHL).
2002/12/02 Assigned to Binghamton (AHL).
2002/10/23 Recalled from Binghamton (AHL).
2002/10/08 Assigned to Binghamton (AHL).

The following year the above had 117 in the AHL(lock out year) and then went on to having 3 87+ point seasons. Sure wrecked his confidence.

swany 02-07-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscles Glasses (Post 43733627)
Eberle-Gagner-Hall
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hemsky
Smyth-Belanger-Jones
Petrell-Lander-Eager

Potential lineup? Although I wouldn't be surprised if they just throw Paajarvi back with Belanger as the chemistry was unmatched earlier in the year. :sarcasm:

This is the only way to go if he's back on Belanger's line and they move up jones or something like that is insane (already done that with no success) play these lines till Nudge is back and leave PRV on that line till then.