HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Boring practices = Unmotivated players? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1101635)

Seb 02-08-2012 12:10 PM

Boring practices = Unmotivated players?
 
Interesting point of view about the Habs practices this season. I agree with what he says.

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blogu...-la-vie-du-ch/

Miller Time 02-08-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 43798787)
Interesting point of view about the Habs practices this season. I agree with what he says.

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blogu...-la-vie-du-ch/

very interesting...

having not seen any habs practices, I can't comment on them myself, but if his description is honest, I'd consider it a pretty fair critique.

there's an argument to be made for "perfecting" the fundamentals, and drilling those home with basic drills until they are automatic, but at the same time, great coaches know how use variety to achieve that same goal, whereas dogmatic coaches lacking creativity simply stick to what they know without themselves striving to find innovative ways to deliver it.


I'm a bit surprised that RC, as a new and younger coach, isn't more ambitious in his approach (assuming that the article is accurate), especially given his integration of modern technology as a teaching tool...

I wonder if, to a degree, he's "holding back", given his mid-season appointment, rationalizing that it's better to "stay the course" and stick with what the players are familiar with as opposed to radically putting his own stamp on the teams training practices...

PunkinDrublic* 02-08-2012 01:01 PM

Lack of punch and toughness. Stems back to our useless and boring GM.

Monctonscout 02-08-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHMB Prez (Post 43800959)
Lack of punch and toughness. Stems back to our useless and boring GM.

Yeah cause goons really spice up practise :laugh:

:shakehead

kassian 02-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 43803657)
Yeah cause goons really spice up practise :laugh:

:shakehead

Because toughness and energy = goons, no doubt about it :nod:

PunkinDrublic* 02-08-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs (Post 43805327)
Because toughness and energy = goons, no doubt about it :nod:

Please don't quote him, it defeats the purpose of my new IL. Thanks.

Kriss E 02-08-2012 03:50 PM

Haven't been to a practice, so can't know.
But ya, if you do the exact same drills, it will certainly get boring. Some drills are boring the first time you do them, so it can only be worse if it's repeated non-stop.
Maybe that's also why we've seen players seem not so attentive during the practices.

It could also explain why our PP units have been the same and repeat the same tactics since the last blue moon.

Joe Cole 02-08-2012 04:09 PM

It seems that pretty much every stone has been over turned to find what is wrong with the Habs this year.

I am not doubting that there may be boring practices, it;s just that... seriously, has it come to this?

Seb 02-08-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole (Post 43809611)
It seems that pretty much every stone has been over turned to find what is wrong with the Habs this year.

I am not doubting that there may be boring practices, it;s just that... seriously, has it come to this?

I believe it's something that hasn't been talked about yet, and I think it does affect the players. Don't you?

SouthernHab 02-08-2012 06:40 PM

The old saying will always hold true.

You practice like you play.

Seb 02-08-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernHab (Post 43816211)
The old saying will always hold true.

You practice like you play.

But in this case it's : You play like you practice.

OneSharpMarble 02-08-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHMB Prez (Post 43800959)
Lack of punch and toughness. Stems back to our useless and boring GM.

Ya Gauthier should breakdance on the ice and shotgun a few beers, that would make him cool and the team would play better.

BLONG7 02-08-2012 06:57 PM

Somebody needs to put Iverson in here...Practice, Practice, we talkin bout Practice...;)

Mathradio 02-08-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole (Post 43809611)
It seems that pretty much every stone has been over turned to find what is wrong with the Habs this year.

I am not doubting that there may be boring practices, it;s just that... seriously, has it come to this?

Will Patrick Roy make practice interesting?

MasterDecoy 02-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7 (Post 43817303)
Somebody needs to put Iverson in here...Practice, Practice, we talkin bout Practice...;)

how am i supposed to make my teammates better by practicing? huh?

PunkinDrublic* 02-08-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 43816807)
Ya Gauthier should breakdance on the ice and shotgun a few beers, that would make him cool and the team would play better.

Haha sometimes there are incomprehensible posts and here we go another one.

habtastic 02-08-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathradio (Post 43818439)
Will Patrick Roy make practice interesting?

without a doubt

now, good interesting or bad interesting?

Mathradio 02-08-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habtastic (Post 43821973)
without a doubt

now, good interesting or bad interesting?

It better be "good interesting" as you say, but even "bad interesting" is better than boring at this stage.

wedge 02-08-2012 09:35 PM

well, if they could apply in the game what they're practicing non-stop, maybe then they could do something else.
:sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck 02-08-2012 09:45 PM

Someone is straining in trying to come up with an explanation for the Habs' lack of success and all he has to show for his hypermentation is a hernia.

Joe Cole 02-10-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 43816017)
I believe it's something that hasn't been talked about yet, and I think it does affect the players. Don't you?

They haven't talked about the traffic on the Champlain bridge, and how it affects the moral of the players and coaches and how that affects practices and then directly...the games.

After that, we will discuss how global warming has affected the Habs negatively because the lack of snow does not climatize the players to the cold of the arena, therefore it affects their comfort on the ice, and makes them lose games.

We can go on and on from here!!!:help:

Lefley 02-10-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb (Post 43816493)
But in this case it's : You play like you practice.

We prepare like losers; therefore, we are losers. (Michael Cammalleri)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.