HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   TSN: Dregor:Hawks shopping for goalie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1101925)

DayNah 02-08-2012 06:54 PM

Dregor:Hawks shopping for goalie

He just reported this on TSN. This should make a few people happy here.

ImDaBaron 02-08-2012 06:55 PM

@ChrisKuc said he heard that to. :handclap:

Blackhawkswincup 02-08-2012 06:58 PM

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content...2007_02_21.jpg

Makes most sense

Recoil 02-08-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 43814257)

Agreed. He is cheap, the Islanders have 3 goalies. He has a No Trade Clause to some degree, but I assume he'd waive that to play for us.

Still, who goes if he comes in? That's the big question. Emery or Crawford? I'd have to assume Emery I guess...

zac 02-08-2012 07:14 PM

Until we clear the crease a little better, quit giving up odd-man's and breakaways, as well quit giving up so man point blank shots, this isn't going to make much difference. There are maybe 5-6 guys that can stop enough of these type of shots to really make a significant improvement in our playoff/Cup chances.

All this tells me is that it seems probable, if not likely, that the management/coaching staff are in denial on what the problem really is. Before someone tries to intervene ask yourselves this - how many times have our goalies bailed out our defense, versus our defense bailing out our goalies (whether it be tightening up after a softie or clearing the crease of rebounds)? I'm trying to think of a few instances of the latter, but I just can't. That should tell you/our management something.

BobbyJet 02-08-2012 07:16 PM

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Emery would likely be the odd man out, but ONLY because we got stiffed with that Crawford contract which makes him unmovable.

And I give BWC a hard time here, but he did say last season that 1 good season does not a good goalie make ... and not one that's worth inking for any length of time, referring to Crawford. I think CC may be destined as a #2 goalie somewhere but a 1 year deal should have been Stan's offer last summer.

Recoil 02-08-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zac (Post 43815019)
Until we clear the crease a little better, quit giving up odd-man's and breakaways, as well quit giving up so man point blank shots, this isn't going to make much difference. There are maybe 5-6 guys that can stop enough of these type of shots to really make a significant improvement in our playoff/Cup chances.

All this tells me is that it seems probable, if not likely, that the management/coaching staff are in denial on what the problem really is. Before someone tries to intervene ask yourselves this - how many times have our goalies bailed out our defense, versus our defense bailing out our goalies (whether it be tightening up after a softie or clearing the crease of rebounds)? I'm trying to think of a few instances of the latter, but I just can't. That should tell you/our management something.

No but bad goal tending, or no confidence in your goaltender, can have a cascading affect on the rest of the team and how they perform on the ice. It's not a one-or-the-other situation here. Our goal tending has been beyond shaky, and the team is playing timid because of it.

Sevanston 02-08-2012 07:24 PM

If you listen closely, no matter where you are, you can hear coldsteel shouting for joy in the distance

digdug41982 02-08-2012 07:31 PM

Damn right. Can't wait to see Nabby or whoever in a Hawks uni, then we get to eventually see the new Hawks gear worn so proudly, and most of all, the big saves and the big wins. Can't wait for Blackhawks hockey to be back, and with a vengeance.

Blackhawkswincup 02-08-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJet (Post 43815081)
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Emery would likely be the odd man out, but ONLY because we got stiffed with that Crawford contract which makes him unmovable.

And I give BWC a hard time here, but he did say last season that 1 good season does not a good goalie make ... and not one that's worth inking for any length of time, referring to Crawford. I think CC may be destined as a #2 goalie somewhere but a 1 year deal should have been Stan's offer last summer.

Sadly I abandoned that logic after his playoff and believed in him

And it was CrazyIke who stuck by it all the way

zac 02-08-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recoil (Post 43815127)
No but bad goal tending, or no confidence in your goaltender, can have a cascading affect on the rest of the team and how they perform on the ice. It's not a one-or-the-other situation here. Our goal tending has been beyond shaky, and the team is playing timid because of it.

I can understand that, to a degree. But what's laughable (not your opinion, rather when guys like Keith talk) is that the defense has been wretched for going on 2 years. Last year it was downright horrible yet Crawford had a great season, one for which the numbers don't do him justice. This year our defense has generally looked even worse out there, and for that there is zero excuse.

It makes sense for players to lose confidence when a bevy of softies are let in game after game. That HAS happened on occasion. But more often than not this team get's down due to my earlier mentioned gaffes, or from a retarded penalty (and our disgusting PK). I have a hard time pinning our lack of awareness on the goalie. That honestly concerns me that players have NEVER mentioned their lack of accountability, while inferring to inferior goaltending or bad luck. If the coaches obviously don't know, and the players exhibit they don't no then this team is in even more trouble than I thought. The goalies (while not playing great) are simply the scapegoats.

Blackhawkswincup 02-08-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Did you see Nabokov vs Flyers?

He can steal games that Hawks would have no business winning and hide some of Hawks D issues

HawksFan74 02-08-2012 07:38 PM

Any change is good at this point.

massivegoonery 02-08-2012 07:39 PM

I am Dregor, give me goalie.

bhawksladyfan 02-08-2012 07:39 PM

key to Nabokov=getting him to report.

Sevanston 02-08-2012 07:46 PM

I think you're probably joking, but I'll say it anyway

He'd report to a Cup contender.

He was just mad last season because he signed with Detroit but got claimed by the Islanders. Basically taking his chances of winning from pretty good to completely nonexistent. So he threw a hissy fit.

Now that he's sucked it up and is playing again, with a chance of being traded to a team like the Hawks, having him report will be no problem.

Cullksinikers 02-08-2012 07:46 PM

Crawford stays unless we get a goalie getting fairly substantial pay.

I'm happy they now recognize one of our problems.

HockeySensible 02-08-2012 07:52 PM

Please Bowman, please go out and get a "good" goalie. I want everyone to see once and for all, it doesn't matter who the goalie is.. if you can't play competent defense, you're going to give up goals and you're going to lose games.

Bowman will go out, get a goalie, everyone will be happy and then within 5 games, when we're still giving up goals and still losing games we shouldn't.. it'll all be Bowman's fault, again.

Gootie 02-08-2012 07:53 PM

When has the media ever gotten a scoop or lead about the Hawks doing something?

Everything arrives out of nowhere.

Skeptical Gootie is skeptical.

CS85 02-08-2012 07:54 PM

This would be great but damn - still need defense.

Blackhawkswincup 02-08-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 43816945)
When has the media ever gotten a scoop or lead about the Hawks doing something?

Everything arrives out of nowhere.

Skeptical Gootie is skeptical.

Well most likely this would be sources from other teams letting Dregor know

Our media people aren't really all that great honestly

WarriorofTime 02-08-2012 08:04 PM

When's the last time we had a goalie steal a game for us? Probably last year.

massivegoonery 02-08-2012 08:05 PM

The last time it happened with any regularity was in Khabi's last season.

Chris Hansen 02-08-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Agreed. The type of goalie the Hawks could potentially get won't magically solve how horrible this team is defensively. Guys like Thomas, Lundqvist are both out of the price range and nigh-on untouchable... and they're two of the very few goalies who could somewhat mask how terrible the team defense is.

BobbyJet 02-08-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 43816917)
Please Bowman, please go out and get a "good" goalie. I want everyone to see once and for all, it doesn't matter who the goalie is.. if you can't play competent defense, you're going to give up goals and you're going to lose games.

Bowman will go out, get a goalie, everyone will be happy and then within 5 games, when we're still giving up goals and still losing games we shouldn't.. it'll all be Bowman's fault, again.

This is only one piece of the puzzle and alone will not solve our problems. But grab a decent physical dman to play with Monty and suddenly things are looking up. Add a top 9 gritty forward (a guy who can play center would be preferred) and we're on our way. If anything is left in the kitty perhaps look for another physical dmen. It's gonna seem like a lifetime before Feb 27 arrives and potentially this team will look much different.