HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Sun: Flyers Revisiting Schenn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1102081)

somecut* 02-08-2012 08:23 PM

Flyers Revisiting Schenn
 
Luke Schenn has a natural inclination to watch out for his kid brother Brayden.

And while that task would be a lot easier if both were on the same bench for the Philadelphia Flyers, thatís not quite the close proximity that Luke is thinking of right now. While gainfully employed by the Maple Leafs, there continues to be speculation Luke will somehow join Brayden in orange and black by the Feb. 27 trade deadline, if not elsewhere....

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/08...lyer-on-schenn

blasted_Sabre 02-08-2012 08:26 PM

:scared:

Although I'd consider a Schenn-Schenn swap

somecut* 02-08-2012 08:29 PM

If we could get JVR on the 'bargain rack' because of his concussion, and because he may not help us this season, I'd do it. If we're not short sighted here, we could get a huge young power forward that will help us for the next 8 yrs.

anderson3133 02-08-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somecut (Post 43823191)
If we could get JVR on the 'bargain rack' because of his concussion, and because he may not help us this season, I'd do it. If we're not short sighted here, we could get a huge young power forward that will help us for the next 8 yrs.

What is your definition of a powerforward?

LeeIs 02-08-2012 08:33 PM

Exactly why do the schenn brothers always have to reunite in Philly?

HenryH 02-08-2012 08:34 PM

What would the value be to get B. Schenn for the Leafs?

Audi* 02-08-2012 08:36 PM

"If we're not short-sighted"

and

"trading Schenn"

Why don't you guys just put Kadri on the block while you're at it, may as well throw in colborne and frattin too... and why not some picks just for good measure! No successful team ever builds their team from within. Developing players, what does that mean? Funny thread and even funnier article, writer must be an aspiring comedian. And yes, I'm sure Brian Burke just resigned him until 2016/2017 for ***** and giggles, or to trade him for a kid with a concussion. Not because he believed in him as a hockey player or anything silly like that :facepalm:

Schenn is staying, deal with it

ULF_55 02-08-2012 08:38 PM

Okay then ...

Taylor Hall and Leafs 3rd. - Flyers
Schenn and Schenn and Kadri and Flyers 1st. - Oilers
JVR and MSP and Oilers 2nd. - Leafs

cup67 02-08-2012 08:39 PM

schenn for sean couturier, thats who burke wants, a good american kid

blueNwhite89 02-08-2012 08:40 PM

flip the script burke

b. schenn to toronto! :banana:

MJ65 02-08-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 43823713)
Okay then ...

Taylor Hall and Leafs 3rd. - Flyers
Schenn and Schenn and Kadri and Flyers 1st. - Oilers
JVR and MSP and Oilers 2nd. - Leafs

Whats that?

Raging Bull 02-08-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cup67 (Post 43823849)
schenn for sean couturier, thats who burke wants, a good american kid

That ol' Yankee Couturier! Played his heart out for the the Americans at the WJC.

cup67 02-08-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raging Bull (Post 43824059)
That ol' Yankee Couturier! Played his heart of for the the Americans at the WJC.

burke wants him, if the flyers realy want schenn

vezna* 02-08-2012 08:47 PM

our and philly's media are just trolling their market

flyers had an article claiming burke is looking at JVR and now this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raging Bull (Post 43824059)
That ol' Yankee Couturier! Played his heart of for the the Americans at the WJC.

:laugh:

mooseOAK* 02-08-2012 08:48 PM

Nowhere in the article does it say that the Flyers are "revisiting" Schenn.

Swervin81 02-08-2012 08:48 PM

Instead of trying to get Brayden, how about we try to get Braydon.

cup67 02-08-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vezna (Post 43824435)
our and philly's media are just trolling their market

flyers had an article claiming burke is looking at JVR and now this.



:laugh:

burke wants a center

IWD 02-08-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeIs (Post 43823409)
Exactly why do the schenn brothers always have to reunite in Philly?

Better to unite in Toronto. We need one of Couturier or Schenn. They need one of Schenn, Gunnarson or Franson.

If Schenn goes, we go for Couturier. If we go for Schenn, a deal around Gunnarson or Franson.

Brayden has second line upside that would be perfect for Kessel and Lupul down the road.

FlareKnight 02-08-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeIs (Post 43823409)
Exactly why do the schenn brothers always have to reunite in Philly?

Perfectly good question. Guess people have given up on us getting Brayden :).

But yeah no chance we trade for JVR while he's got a concussion, not that I didn't have doubts about it from the start. Really it'd take something serious if Burke was going to give up on Schenn.

Michael Gary Scott 02-08-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 43823713)
Okay then ...

Taylor Hall and Leafs 3rd. - Flyers
Schenn and Schenn and Kadri and Flyers 1st. - Oilers
JVR and MSP and Oilers 2nd. - Leafs

We get shelled. Oilers win this by a mile.

hdtrax 02-08-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeIs (Post 43823409)
Exactly why do the schenn brothers always have to reunite in Philly?

Isn't it obvious?

City of Brotherly Love

:naughty:

Eb 02-08-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 43823713)
Okay then ...

Taylor Hall and Leafs 3rd. - Flyers
Schenn and Schenn and Kadri and Flyers 1st. - Oilers
JVR and MSP and Oilers 2nd. - Leafs

:shakehead

jmart21 02-08-2012 08:58 PM

The only thing this article does, is inform anyone that isn't aware that if Luke was traded to Philly - he'd be on his brother's team.

How does a report about this qualify as the "Flyers Revisiting"????

number72 02-08-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 43824687)
Perfectly good question. Guess people have given up on us getting Brayden :).

But yeah no chance we trade for JVR while he's got a concussion, not that I didn't have doubts about it from the start. Really it'd take something serious if Burke was going to give up on Schenn.


Schenn is Komisarek at worse and is Adam Foote at best.
At this point in his progress, even if the becomes Hal Gill the leafs are lucky.

ULF_55 02-08-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott (Post 43824901)
We get shelled. Oilers win this by a mile.

I hope.

Be nice to see a couple Leafs break out and be something special.

Hopefully it is before they are UFA.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.