HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Pominville-Pavelski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1102307)

dkollidas 02-09-2012 12:50 AM

Pominville-Pavelski

Had fans from San Jose say Pavelski is worth more than Pominville, and Buffalo fans saying the opposite, that Pominville is worth more than Pavelski. Who's right?

Also, if Pavelski is considered to be worth more by the majority, would adding Leopold or a guy like Gerbe/Kassian/Foligno/Kaleta be enough?

Clowe Me 02-09-2012 12:52 AM

Pavelski is worth more.

mpp9 02-09-2012 12:54 AM

Buffalo would be nuts to trade pominville. He's been a pillar of consistency. Pavelski is best off in the situation he's in.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 02-09-2012 12:55 AM

Sharks don't need to this at all.

StalockSuperfan 02-09-2012 01:13 AM

I don't know too much about Pominville, but I will say that Pavelski's goal scoring, playmaking, hockey IQ, 2-way play, stud PKing ability, consistency, ability to play center or wing, top 3 in the league in faceoff %, leadership, and sweet bargain of a contract make him very VERY valuable.

Sharkway Drive 02-09-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan (Post 43837265)
I don't know too much about Pominville, but I will say that Pavelski's goal scoring, playmaking, hockey IQ, 2-way play, stud PKing ability, consistency, ability to play center or wing, top 3 in the league in faceoff %, leadership, and sweet bargain of a contract make him very VERY valuable.

Hard to argue with this.

Maximrules 02-09-2012 01:17 AM

absolutely not. sabres dont need to trade their best player/captain. and sure as hell not some like Kassian TOO. no way they touch this. people undervalue pominville and how much he means to this team

Carlzner 02-09-2012 01:21 AM

both players are more valuable to their team.

Blitz 02-09-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkollidas (Post 43836873)
Had fans from San Jose say Pavelski is worth more than Pominville, and Buffalo fans saying the opposite, that Pominville is worth more than Pavelski. Who's right?

Also, if Pavelski is considered to be worth more by the majority, would adding Leopold or a guy like Gerbe/Kassian/Foligno/Kaleta be enough?

...And you call yourself a Sabres fan :shakehead

Maybe you could start rooting for one of the other teams in the league... perhaps the Sharks would adopt you....

HiddenInLight 02-09-2012 06:51 AM

No thanks...Id rather keep pommer and if we do make this trade I see no reason for us to add. Pommer is having a career year.

BackGroundMusic 02-09-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan (Post 43837265)

You pretty much described Pominville except for the faceoffs.

One thing to consider is that Pominville is almost always facing the other team's top d-pairing, where Pavelski's had the luxury of playing behind Thornton. Not saying Pavelski's not a good player or anything, but it's something to keep in mind.

Kyosuke 02-09-2012 08:06 AM

Not a fan of either team (so that may remove any sort of bias in that department), but I personally like Pavelski better. In terms of what they can do and offer to a team, it will be dependent on which team will be acquiring either of them. Pomminville offers a little more offensively, while Pavelski is a work-horse that's good at all areas of the ice. So if the team is looking for a great 2nd line offensive forward or solid 1st liner Pomminville is ur man; otherwise, take Palveski to have a solid 2nd line forward that can play almost every role.

hockeyball 02-09-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf (Post 43840597)
You pretty much described Pominville except for the faceoffs.

One thing to consider is that Pominville is almost always facing the other team's top d-pairing, where Pavelski's had the luxury of playing behind Thornton. Not saying Pavelski's not a good player or anything, but it's something to keep in mind.

Pavelski has played on Thornton's wing all year. Couture is playing 2nd line center now.

start winnin 02-09-2012 08:23 AM

No thanks. Pavelski is a great player and he's a center which we need. Pominville is far too valuable to us though. I don't understand how you can justify trading him. He's been our best player easily all year. Even with Vanek out he's still producing and has been absolute money during this winning streak.

BackGroundMusic 02-09-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 43841375)
Pavelski has played on Thornton's wing all year. Couture is playing 2nd line center now.

My mistake. He was a 2nd line center last year, right?

RammsteinGT 02-09-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf (Post 43841735)
My mistake. He was a 2nd line center last year, right?

3rd.

Sharksfan83 02-09-2012 08:38 AM

Threads awesome. Both players are underrated, but extremely valuable players to each team. They're about equal in value, but neither team will trade them.

TehDoak 02-09-2012 08:38 AM

San Jose isn't trading center depth for a RWer.

If you want a center from SJ, talk to them in the summer about Marleau. For now, they are going to add by trading futures. Pavelski is very much a part of their present.

hockeyball 02-09-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDoak (Post 43841909)
San Jose isn't trading center depth for a RWer.

If you want a center from SJ, talk to them in the summer about Marleau. For now, they are going to add by trading futures. Pavelski is very much a part of their present.

Uhm, no. Marleau has a NMC, won't waive it, won't be asked to.

HockeyGuruPitka 02-09-2012 09:09 AM

This could pottentially be a good fit for either. But homers will be homers and you do not trade a captain. Pomminville is the Sabres. Pavelski will not replace what he brings to the table but will bring in characteristics of a pottential top line center. I feel Pavelski will not solve Buffalo's top line center woes. Pavelski is a slightly better(arguable when Roy is playing well) and younger variation of Derek Roy. However is not a solid top line center on most teams in the league.

Buffalo is better off keeping their Captain and top line winger. Pavelski is a good fit with San Jose, is their offensive catalist in the playoffs. SanJose should not be thinking of screwing with their team and trading a perfect fit this close to playoff time..

stokes84 02-09-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 43841375)

Well this contradicts the top 3 in faceoffs point pretty badly.

La Cosa Nostra 02-09-2012 09:36 AM

Pavelski is a poor man Derek Roy... Scored 60+ points Once in his career, and is somehow worth more then Pominville and Roy who have scores 80+ points in the past?!?

No. Pominville stays, he is our captain and has elevated his play this season.

Mafoofoo 02-09-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stokes84 (Post 43843563)

Thornton gets kicked out alot and sometimes Thornton gets put on the wing.

Sharksfan83 02-09-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stokes84 (Post 43843563)

Maybe check the stats before typing.

ct2111 02-09-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieBisco (Post 43843789)
Pavelski is a poor man Derek Roy... Scored 60+ points Once in his career, and is somehow worth more then Pominville and Roy who have scores 80+ points in the past?!?

No. Pominville stays, he is our captain and has elevated his play this season.

I'd really wish Pavelski was a poor man's Derek Roy. Heck, I'd settle for Roy playing like a poor man's Pavelski than what he's shown this season.