HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anisimov Personal Issues? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1102647)

ChrisKreider20 02-09-2012 01:01 PM

Anisimov Personal Issues?

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...ce=twitterfeed

Apparently, he was dealing with personal issues during his off streak.

It gives us a reason, but its still not really an excuse...

Inferno 02-09-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan68 (Post 43852579)

who knows what the personal issues are? maybe a parent has been diagnosed with cancer? maybe a friend died? things hit ppl and you dont even know about it. when my dad died i was a wreck for over a month, unable to do anything.

personal issues arent excuses, they are facts of life. not everyone can just tune them out. you dont think Eric Staal giving his brother a concussion effected his play?

ChrisKreider20 02-09-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 43852683)
who knows what the personal issues are? maybe a parent has been diagnosed with cancer? maybe a friend died? things hit ppl and you dont even know about it. when my dad died i was a wreck for over a month, unable to do anything.

personal issues arent excuses, they are facts of life. not everyone can just tune them out. you dont think Eric Staal giving his brother a concussion effected his play?

IMO if its serious, he should take a leave of absence...
If its something serious he should get grieving time playing a rigid hockey schedule isn't going to help that...

Punxrocknyc19* 02-09-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRfan68 (Post 43852579)

Could it be from the tragedy over the summer?? Didn't he grow up with alot of those that passed.

wolfgaze 02-09-2012 01:40 PM

Must score goal to feel FREEEEEE....

Jarkko Immonen 02-09-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 43853861)
Could it be from the tragedy over the summer?? Didn't he grow up with alot of those that passed.

Think about what this young man has gone through lately...include Cherepanov's death. And he was really close with Alexander Vasyunov, who passed away in the plane crash. Not easy.

GAGLine 02-09-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 43854565)
Think about what this young man has gone through lately...include Cherepanov's death. And he was really close with Alexander Vasyunov, who passed away in the plane crash. Not easy.

I maybe be wrong, but I don't think he knew Cherepanov that well. Besides, that was over 3 years ago. Maybe it's related to friends he lost in the plane crash, but he played well the first 30 games of the season.

Whatever the reason, it's just a reminder that these players are human and aren't always going to be at their best. Maybe some people will remember that the next time they call for someone to be traded just because they are in a slump.

Hockey Team 02-09-2012 02:24 PM

Ridiculous thread.

Granted, athletes are expected to get over things faster then average, but to say that everything should just roll off of them is ridiculous.

bobbop 02-09-2012 02:26 PM

Grief manifests itself in unusual ways. When my father died, the toughest time I had wasn't until a few years later. Sometimes you can only block devastating events out for so long. Whatever it is, I hope he finds inner peace and resolution.

NYRKindms 02-09-2012 02:31 PM

It was probably a woman. Nothing screws with a mans mind quite like a lady

Gardner McKay 02-09-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGLine (Post 43855533)
I maybe be wrong, but I don't think he knew Cherepanov that well. Besides, that was over 3 years ago. Maybe it's related to friends he lost in the plane crash, but he played well the first 30 games of the season.

Whatever the reason, it's just a reminder that these players are human and aren't always going to be at their best. Maybe some people will remember that the next time they call for someone to be traded just because they are in a slump.

:handclap: Well said. They are human and no matter how hard one tries it is just impossible to not be human at some points.

kovazub94 02-09-2012 02:57 PM

It's very apperent that Artem is again playing the way he did before "the streak". Not sure what personal issues he is referring to, but I think he was exhausted physically and mentally which would explain why doing nothing during the ASB helped him to restore back his level of play.

TrueBlue9 02-09-2012 04:00 PM

that "article" is a real tease. They could technically be refering to a limitless number of possibilites.

On a side note, look back at earlier tape from the season, that line (GAS) was best when they were forcing turnovers as the opponent was trying to break out of their own zone. Arty and crew were like sharks hounding the oppposition from behind as they were trying to break out of the zone causing turnovers, which led to a number of goals and scoring chances. Even when it wasnt a clear steal it forced the other team into an ill advised pass or clearing attempt that often led to a turnover or icing.

Mats Zuccarelli 02-09-2012 04:15 PM

I always wondered how these young guys from Europe can move to the US for months without returning home and not get homesick. You have kids like Anisimov, who's very young, doesn't know the language that well and who left his family behind in Russia and he's playing on the grand stage of the National Hockey League. Furthermore, he's playing in the biggest stage of them all and for an historic franchise like the Rangers.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-09-2012 04:48 PM

Really like Arty and his game and it's very upsetting to me that he's starting to become a whipping boy around here. Hope he can deal with whatever he has to deal with and play with a fire up his ass soon.

Personally I think he's had a very good stretch of games. Hopefully he can continue his progression into a 50+ point two-way center.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-09-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad Brichards (Post 43860851)
I always wondered how these young guys from Europe can move to the US for months without returning home and not get homesick. You have kids like Anisimov, who's very young, doesn't know the language that well and who left his family behind in Russia and he's playing on the grand stage of the National Hockey League. Furthermore, he's playing in the biggest stage of them all and for an historic franchise like the Rangers.

Especially after one of your best friends died over the summer.

It's great this team has such a good locker room that can help guys like Arty acclimate.

Mats Zuccarelli 02-09-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 43862203)
Especially after one of your best friends died over the summer.

It's great this team has such a good locker room that can help guys like Arty acclimate.

True dat. Guys like Prust, Boyle and Del Zotto seem to be very friendly towards Anisimov. Still, we don't even have any Russians (remember Lisin used to interpret for Anisimov) in the big leagues.

Rangers Fail 02-09-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad Brichards (Post 43863035)
True dat. Guys like Prust, Boyle and Del Zotto seem to be very friendly towards Anisimov. Still, we don't even have any Russians (remember Lisin used to interpret for Anisimov) in the big leagues.

Feds is Ukranian. Very similar languages.

egelband 02-09-2012 05:25 PM

i believe i know the problem...

no 30 rock.

now that it's back, he'll be ok.

luckily mad men will be back by playoff time

n8 02-09-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 43852683)

well he did know half of the Yaroslavl team that died over the summer.

Callahan Auto 02-09-2012 08:33 PM

You know, I almost like that we have a few guys who have slumped this year. It proves that our position in the league isn't a fluke because we actually could have played better (I think we have just as many guys slumping as we have guys on tears). Logic tells me that they'll turn it on in time for the playoffs, and it will be greatly appreciated then.

darko 02-09-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRKindms (Post 43856005)
It was probably a woman. Nothing screws with a mans mind quite like a lady

Probably the same girl that forced Kreider to stay at BC.

Jarkko Immonen 02-09-2012 10:16 PM

Dave Lozo @DaveLozo
Tortorella poked his head into the locker room and said to Anisimov, "Great f***ing game. No one's going to talk to you, but great game."

:D

BlueshirtBlitz 02-09-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 43892151)
Dave Lozo @DaveLozo
Tortorella poked his head into the locker room and said to Anisimov, "Great f***ing game. No one's going to talk to you, but great game."

:D

**** yeah.

Rangers Fail 02-09-2012 10:17 PM

Torts is awesome!