HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trade proposal for Todd White ( just an idea) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=110446)

AG9NK35DT8* 10-25-2004 10:49 PM

Trade proposal for Todd White ( just an idea)

Just as an idea. Would Todd white ( 29 Y.O )be a good fit in the NYR line-up, me personally i see him being an excellent fit on the second line center position. As we all know NYR is short on centers , atleast until Graham ,Immonen , Helminen or some one is ready to prove they are ready for the pivot spot on the first 2 lines.So until then WHite would be a great fit, for the next 2 years or so.

To NYR: Todd White
To Ott: 3rd Rounder and D.Moore

or

To NYR: Todd White
To Ottawaw: 4th rounder ( maybe 3rd) and Roman Psurny

Just an idea , so if any one objects voice your opinion and let me see what u would do . Or would Ottawa want a NHL ready player instead of prospects.

Onion Boy 10-25-2004 10:54 PM

Value aside (since I'm not an Ottawa fan), I hate the idea of giving up picks at this stage of the game to acquire roster players. Particularly in this case I think you'd have to overpay for a guy like White.

Me personally, I'd rather pursue a deal involving a swap of our roster players for another teams'. I was toying with the idea of a deal with Dallas.

To DAL: Poti, Lundmark

To NYR: N.Kapanen, Svoboda, (throw in J.Lundqvist if possible)

They probably wouldn't bite on it anyway. But I think the way to go would be dealing Lundmark for a another young center who may be struggling somewhere else, a change-of-scenery type deal.

AG9NK35DT8* 10-25-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599
They probably wouldn't bite on it anyway. But I think the way to go would be dealing Lundmark for a another young center who may be struggling somewhere else, a change-of-scenery type deal.

Good idea I would agree.

Maybe a deal with PHX is not out of reach to acquire Taffe or Kolanos ?

To NYR : Taffe/Kolanos and Jakub Koreis
To PHX : Lundmark, Psurny, Stals

i guess im not the best person at trade ideas, im a carpenter not a GM so lets flow with what i got. ;)

NYRangers 10-25-2004 11:19 PM

Stals has 0 trade value.

BDubinskyNYR17* 10-26-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599
Value aside (since I'm not an Ottawa fan), I hate the idea of giving up picks at this stage of the game to acquire roster players. Particularly in this case I think you'd have to overpay for a guy like White.

Me personally, I'd rather pursue a deal involving a swap of our roster players for another teams'. I was toying with the idea of a deal with Dallas.

To DAL: Poti, Lundmark

To NYR: N.Kapanen, Svoboda, (throw in J.Lundqvist if possible)

To DAL: Poti, Jamie Lundmark and Mike Dunham

To NYR, Niko Kapanen, D John Erskine, Steve Ott

Erskine is a big nasty dman that we can use right now. Ott is another Matt Barnaby type and Kapanen is solid defensive forward.

Poti would get alot of ice time for Stars and play on second pp unit. Lundmark would be around alot of good players and good team and if he wont put up numbers here, well then he prolly gonna be a bust.

MisterUnspoken 10-26-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Erskine is a big nasty dman that we can use right now. Ott is another Matt Barnaby type and Kapanen is solid defensive forward.

Poti would get alot of ice time for Stars and play on second pp unit. Lundmark would be around alot of good players and good team and if he wont put up numbers here, well then he prolly gonna be a bust.

Entirely lopsided in our favor.

Kapanen for Poti might happen, but I see Dallas has no use for Poti so in all likelihood, Dallas would not make this trade with us.

Poti to the Panthers for Rob Globke
I can dream can't I :)

Radek27 10-26-2004 02:31 AM

Quote:

Also not to mention that Dallas would have zero use for Dunham with Turco around.

Onion Boy 10-26-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

Dallas isn't trading Ott, he's just one of those players to them who's not worth trading. With all these deals you gotta give to get.

Barnaby 10-26-2004 01:24 PM

Hows about...

To NYR: Ott
To Dallas: Jamie Lundmark, 4th rounder

I really dont think they trade Ott but stranger things have happened.

We trade the player who probably has more talent for the character and more guaranteed contributor.