HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Hawks 2011-12 Rumor , Speculation , Trade Proposal thread II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1105137)

Bubba88 02-12-2012 01:32 PM

Hawks 2011-12 Rumor , Speculation , Trade Proposal thread II

part I reached 1000 posts

part I

continue

Blackhawkswincup 02-12-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypik (Post 44008989)
Stanblow continues to sit on his hands and watch d-men receive extensions. He did the same thing last year and through free agency. This should have been done as soon as he unloaded Campbell and Campoli. He probably feels guilty that he has to fire Q after all the rookie gm errors he made the past two offseasons.

Also, Stan and his Dad should be held accountable for letting Q and his BFF run the same pk and D scheme for two years. Can someone tell me what are the senior advisor's job responsibilities? I would have to guess game planning would be at the top of his list!

Hawks had no cap room to do anything of note last year at deadline. Do people forget this?

And seriously sit on his hands ,, No other teams are making moves there is nothing out there

Scotty Bowman doesn't do anything more then play golf , Sit at Hawks draft table on draft day and come around for PR

Cullksinikers 02-12-2012 01:35 PM

No Sutton. Looks like he's re-signed with Edmonton.

Who do we "covet" now? Kubina?

Blackhawkswincup 02-12-2012 01:35 PM

Kubina is pretty much last quality pending UFA dman on market

Bubba88 02-12-2012 01:39 PM

Kubina
Grossman
Sarich
Oduya
Gill
Zanon
Jurcina
Staios
Clark (Bowman wanted him last year but he is awful)
Hannan
RFA like last year

Allen
Wideman
Roszival
Suter
Jackman
Aucoin

Cullksinikers 02-12-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 44017143)
Kubina is pretty much last quality pending UFA dman on market

Kubina is our last hope for defense. I could live with Grossman and maybe Sarich, but we should get in the Kubina derby.

Blackhawkswincup 02-12-2012 01:44 PM

Grossman would be great addition but costly + Hawks would probably lose him to FA

xX Hot Fuss 02-12-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 44017387)
Kubina
Grossman
Sarich
Oduya
Gill
Zanon
Jurcina
Staios
Clark (Bowman wanted him last year but he is awful)
Hannan
RFA like last year

Allen
Wideman
Roszival
Suter
Jackman
Aucoin

Hey let's list 3rd pairing D men and get angry we don't have them. Then get angry at SOD and montador.

No moves are being made you psychopaths. There have been 3 trades so far in the NHL and the hawks were a part of one of them.

Hawkaholic 02-12-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 44017387)
Kubina - TBL fighting for playoffs still
Grossman - DAL fighting for playoffs
Sarich - CGY fighting for playoffs
Oduya - WPG fighting for playoffs
Gill - MTL fighting for playoffs
Zanon - MIN falling could be an option
Jurcina - NYI fighting for playoffs
Staios - NYI fighting for playoffs
Clark TBL fighting for playoffs
Hannan CGY fighting for playoffs
Allen - could be an option
Wideman WSH fighting for playoffs
Roszival - PHX fighting for playoffs
Suter - NSH fighting for conference
Jackman - STL fihting for conferencce
Aucoin - PHX fighting for playoffs

None of these teams that are fighting for something right now are going to trade away these Dmen for picks/prospects.
All we have to offer is Frolik, Bickell, Brunette, Lepisto, Montador, Scott, and OD as NHL 'talent.'

Stan should just try to unload our UFA's and bad contracts for whatver, and just hold onto our picks.

Allen, Zanon, etc, are not going to right this ship.

Find a goaltender maybe, but the Dmen available are not worth the high price they will command now.

Bubba88 02-12-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 44018005)
None of these teams that are fighting for something right now are going to trade away these Dmen for picks/prospects.
All we have to offer is Frolik, Bickell, Brunette, Lepisto, Montador, Scott, and OD as NHL 'talent.'

Stan should just try to unload our UFA's and bad contracts for whatver, and just hold onto our picks.

Allen, Zanon, etc, are not going to right this ship.

Find a goaltender maybe, but the Dmen available are not worth the high price they will command now.

If you noticed, I had a gap between RFA and guys that won't be moved but are UFAs at the end of the year

Kubina could be had, no bidding war because of his NTC
Sarich is possible

and I'm not a GM... I don't know who is available. Just saying who is a UFA and could help us

Hawkaholic 02-12-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 44018275)
If you noticed, I had a gap between RFA and guys that won't be moved but are UFAs at the end of the year

Kubina could be had, no bidding war because of his NTC
Sarich is possible

and I'm not a GM... I don't know who is available. Just saying who is a UFA and could help us

All I'm saying is, none of these guys are going to help us, so why pay a high pick(1st or 2nd) for them? Unless they take Frolik or Bickell etc (doubtful) No thank you.

Blackhawkswincup 02-12-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 44018517)
All I'm saying is, none of these guys are going to help us, so why pay a high pick(1st or 2nd) for them? Unless they take Frolik or Bickell etc (doubtful) No thank you.

Grossman would be big addition to our D and exactly type of guy Hawks need

He would help some

cherrypik 02-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 44017121)
Hawks had no cap room to do anything of note last year at deadline. Do people forget this?

And seriously sit on his hands ,, No other teams are making moves there is nothing out there

Scotty Bowman doesn't do anything more then play golf , Sit at Hawks draft table on draft day and come around for PR

The only deal he's going to make is a last minute deal one for a player or two that no one else wants. See Campoli and this past offseason. He's just a bean counter in the coattails of his father.

If he can't make the right deal, he can at least fire Kitchen to send the message to Q and the players!

xX Hot Fuss 02-12-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypik (Post 44018765)
The only deal he's going to make is a last minute deal one for a player or two that no one else wants. See Campoli and this past offseason. He's just a bean counter in the coattails of his father.

If he can't make the right deal, he can at least fire Kitchen to send the message to Q and the players!

:facepalm:

Dude, how can he be a bean counter if there's no good moves to be made!? How can you suggest an organization that is currently eating $10 million in contracts (Huet and Olesz) are bean counters?

cherrypik 02-12-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 44021141)
:facepalm:

Dude, how can he be a bean counter if there's no good moves to be made!? How can you suggest an organization that is currently eating $10 million in contracts (Huet and Olesz) are bean counters?

According to capgeek, the Hawks are ranked 18th overall with 16.5 mil in cap room. In the offseason all his UFA signing were around 1mil for 1 year. The only two exceptions which happen to be BUSTS are Bruno and Montador. You can throw Frolik in that mess as well.

Sevanston 02-12-2012 03:13 PM

If everyone needs to make a trade, but no one is trading, what does that tell you about the market?

xX Hot Fuss 02-12-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypik (Post 44021775)
According to capgeek, the Hawks are ranked 18th overall with 16.5 mil in cap room. In the offseason all his UFA signing were around 1mil for 1 year. The only two exceptions which happen to be BUSTS are Bruno and Montador. You can throw Frolik in that mess as well.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69928

And which UFA's from this stellar UFA market from the past offseason was Bowman supposed to sign?

Rewind to August and 90% of this board was all smiles about Bowman's acquisitions. Most of the signings didn't work out. Neither did Bickell, Frolik, Crawford, Leddy, or Kruger. With the exceptions of Shaw and (maybe) Olsen, none of our Rockford prospects have panned out yet either. Nobody would have predicted that.

Its easy to be critical when things aren't working out.

ndgt10 02-12-2012 03:33 PM

There will be no moves made.

Kane At Mifflin 02-12-2012 03:42 PM

Good thing management doesn't listen to fans. We all know if the Hawks do something just to say they did something, you'll all complain when it doesn't work out anyway. If they don't do a thing, you'll begin whining they didn't overpay in an average market for bottom 6 F/bottom pair D. Either way, no matter what move they make and don't see a cup finals, you guys will complain about the decisions made.

Swifty57 02-12-2012 09:12 PM

Now that I take a look at the whole ****storm I think the hawks shouldn't do any trades at all, and make sure to leave Q in place so we can see if he's able to work things out.If nothing else it'll tell you just how good a coach he is when he doesn't have a stacked team.

Adrian05 02-13-2012 10:27 AM

Andy Sutton has signed an extension with the Oilers.

Quote:

Suter and Weber will not be traded. No point in naming teams. Derek Roy is getting serious interest from #Blackhawks, #Ducks, #Avs

cherrypik 02-13-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 44022295)
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69928

And which UFA's from this stellar UFA market from the past offseason was Bowman supposed to sign?

Rewind to August and 90% of this board was all smiles about Bowman's acquisitions. Most of the signings didn't work out. Neither did Bickell, Frolik, Crawford, Leddy, or Kruger. With the exceptions of Shaw and (maybe) Olsen, none of our Rockford prospects have panned out yet either. Nobody would have predicted that.

Its easy to be critical when things aren't working out.

That's what the Hawks marketing department promoted not what any of the Hawk boards indicated. He didn't address the gaping hole at 2nd line center for Hossa, a physical linemate for Toews/Kane and a top 4 d-men to replace Campbell. At the very least, he could have signed a 3rd line center and moved Bolland up to the 2nd line but that didn't happen. The bottom line is their were plenty of centers out there but they were not willing to sign a one year deals. (Talbot, Fleischmann, Prospal, Fiddler and list go on.) Why should any descent center or d-men player in their early 30s sign a 1 year deal? He never replaced Campbell, instead he scraped the bottom of the barrel for quantity instead of quality for a 5-6-7 defensemen and expected a 20 year old to replace Campbell. Defensively, Leddy has regressed and it's all Bowman's fault!

coldsteelonice84 02-13-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 44022295)
Rewind to August and 90% of this board was all smiles about Bowman's acquisitions.

Just because people were happy with the progress that had been made, a lot of people, more than 10%, or at least I would like to think, were wondering what was going on and what the plan was. I know I personally must have made peoples eyes bleed with how many times I have mentioned the cap space and lack of spending since July 1. We're still waiting....

xX Hot Fuss 02-13-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 44060749)
Just because people were happy with the progress that had been made, a lot of people, more than 10%, or at least I would like to think, were wondering what was going on and what the plan was. I know I personally must have made peoples eyes bleed with how many times I have mentioned the cap space and lack of spending since July 1. We're still waiting....

Immediately following the Vancouver loss MOST if not all of us were saying the number 1 thing this team needed to address in the offseason was toughness. Bowman addressed that specifically because he figured Frolik and Bickell would be functional players.

Except for Bolland and Mayers, none of our depth guys have been useful at all. Is that Bownans fault?

cherrypik 02-13-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 44061155)
Immediately following the Vancouver loss MOST if not all of us were saying the number 1 thing this team needed to address in the offseason was toughness. Bowman addressed that specifically because he figured Frolik and Bickell would be functional players.

Except for Bolland and Mayers, none of our depth guys have been useful at all. Is that Bownans fault?

He completely changed the identity of the Hawks this offseason. Our Hawks were know as a puck possession team, with great speed and having a top echelon defensive unit in the NHL.

Absolutely, it's mostly Blowman's fault! The only NHL player he was able to get out of Buff, Ladd, Niemi, Campbell, Sopel, Eager, Kopy, Brouwer, Burish, Fraser and Steeger was Stalberg. He could have settled for some grinders but all he wanted was prospects and picks. I pray that half or at least a quarter of those prospects and/or draft picks pan out! I think he just wanted his name on this team/roster.