HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Brandon Prust (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1105315)

eco's bones 02-12-2012 05:21 PM

Brandon Prust
 
An upcoming UFA. Anyone think we should try to sign him before the season is out? I'd absolutely hate to lose this guy.

Synergy27 02-12-2012 05:31 PM

Is he the kind of player that some other team will overpay to lure him away from NYC? The guy seems to like it here, fits in well with his teammates, and is appreciated in his role by both the coach and the fans. He shouldn't be too difficult to resign I don't think. I hope not at least, I absolutely love the guy.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-12-2012 05:38 PM

Torts is in love with Brandon Prust and Prust loves this team. He's not going anywhere.

nyranger61494 02-12-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 44027455)
An upcoming UFA. Anyone think we should try to sign him before the season is out? I'd absolutely hate to lose this guy.

Yes. This is exactly the kind of player small market teams looking to reach the floor overpay for. I am not advocating going overboard on a deal but making a sensible deal before other teams have a chance to throw money at him would definitely be beneficial.

HeaveHo94 02-12-2012 05:44 PM

Hell yes! Every time I turn around I hear his name.

useref15 02-12-2012 05:49 PM

One of my favorite player on the Rangers. I also have his jersey, so I really hope we can lock him up.

Dorado* 02-12-2012 05:52 PM

Lives in the W village ,tight with all the guys. I doubt he leaves unless someone offers his some retarded number . He'll get a raise 2.4 for 2 maybe plus incentives perhaps .

JoeRangers 02-12-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 44028245)
Yes. This is exactly the kind of player small market teams looking to reach the floor overpay for. I am not advocating going overboard on a deal but making a sensible deal before other teams have a chance to throw money at him would definitely be beneficial.

Not sure if you were serious but do you really think a team is gonna overpay Brandon Prust? I love the guy but he's not the kind of player a team ovr pays for to get to the cap floor. Nobody is gonna offer him that much money.

IBleedNYRBlue 02-12-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synergy27 (Post 44027885)
Is he the kind of player that some other team will overpay to lure him away from NYC? The guy seems to like it here, fits in well with his teammates, and is appreciated in his role by both the coach and the fans. He shouldn't be too difficult to resign I don't think. I hope not at least, I absolutely love the guy.

Money talks.

He'll stay a Ranger, though. Maybe something like 2 or 3 years for 2 mill per or so? I don't know.

JeffMangum 02-12-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL605 (Post 44029001)
Money talks.

He'll stay a Ranger, though. Maybe something like 2 or 3 years for 2 mill per or so? I don't know.

$2M? Certainly not per year.

Very good role player, tough as nails, excellent fighter, and great in the room — I could see 2 years, $2.5M ($1.25M per). Could see a modified NTC in there too, to be honest.

frankthefrowner 02-12-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeRangers (Post 44028973)
Not sure if you were serious but do you really think a team is gonna overpay Brandon Prust? I love the guy but he's not the kind of player a team ovr pays for to get to the cap floor. Nobody is gonna offer him that much money.

I think by overpay he means by like a million. A million to them is help getting to the cap floor. A million to us means keeps MDZ and Stepan... Its gonna get dicey after 2012 and we have a very tight rope to walk.

Drewbackatu* 02-12-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 44028165)
Torts is in love with Brandon Prust and Prust loves this team. He's not going anywhere.

Ditto! The Pruster has the Ranger emblem emblazened across his hairy chest.

Fitzy 02-12-2012 05:58 PM

His credentials are less impressive than Rupps, and we won a bidding war over Rupp at 4 years 1.5 per.

I'd be happy to give Prust that same deal.

JoeRangers 02-12-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthefrowner (Post 44029117)
I think by overpay he means by like a million. A million to them is help getting to the cap floor. A million to us means keeps MDZ and Stepan... Its gonna get dicey after 2012 and we have a very tight rope to walk.

Even that I don't see. Don't see anyone offering him 2.25 million per just to get to the floor.

IBleedNYRBlue 02-12-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 44029103)
$2M? Certainly not per year.

Very good role player, tough as nails, excellent fighter, and great in the room I could see 2 years, $2.5M ($1.25M per). Could see a modified NTC in there too, to be honest.

Yeah, I realized that was way too much after posting that lol.

Not usually good with contract numbers. That seems about right.

Clowes Line 02-12-2012 06:03 PM

Pruster will be back for 2 years 2 mil. Book it.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-12-2012 06:09 PM

Yeah, I agree with BB here. Give Prust a NTC but keep the money low. We want Prust and he wants us, but we need to be thrifty with the cap.

eco's bones 02-12-2012 06:23 PM

I think Prust is worth more than $1 mil per and he's already 27. His NHL shelf life might only be another 5 or 6 years. From his point of view--he might want to set himself up for the time when it's all over. I'm kind of thinking $1.25 mil per for 2 years. $1.4 mil per for 3 years and do it before other teams even can think about him as an option.

He's not going to put up a lot of points but he can't be taken for granted either. He's very good defensively and an excellent pk'er. He sticks up for his teammates every time and he's a great fighter for his size. Prust as a player has a package of attributes. Not a single dimension guy. IMO Slats needs to talk to his agent ASAP.

MSG the place to be* 02-12-2012 06:27 PM

Max Talbot says helllllllooooooooooooo

Tanner Glass 02-12-2012 06:36 PM

I feel he's going to play a HUGE part in our challenge for the cup. A HUMONGOUS BIG part

Dorado* 02-12-2012 06:46 PM

Prust , knows the game very well , is fundamentally very sound despite his pugilistic ways . While he will never get super rich from hockey with FU money as a player I can see him working for NHL net or somewhere down the line or as a coach . He's a sharp dresser well spoken and a good looking dude he'll be up there with Weekes one day

frozenrubber 02-12-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 44030619)
I think Prust is worth more than $1 mil per and he's already 27. His NHL shelf life might only be another 5 or 6 years. From his point of view--he might want to set himself up for the time when it's all over. I'm kind of thinking $1.25 mil per for 2 years. $1.4 mil per for 3 years and do it before other teams even can think about him as an option.

A player like Prust, you shouldn't even think about beyond 2 years. His shoulders are already falling apart, and the type of beating his style of play takes, you do your absolute best to take players like him year to year.

The idea that Prust's of the world will last until 33 in a cap world, in my opinion at least, will not pan out. This league is geared for players who are younger, faster, and w/ far less physical damage in the bottom 6.

Love the player, love the personality, but one must not fall in love w/ past production when evaluating a player and his contribution to the team in future years.

nyranger61494 02-12-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeRangers (Post 44028973)
Not sure if you were serious but do you really think a team is gonna overpay Brandon Prust? I love the guy but he's not the kind of player a team ovr pays for to get to the cap floor. Nobody is gonna offer him that much money.

Yes, I was. His signing may not be THE deal that gets a team there but is one of a few. It does happen. If a team can afford to offer more, any player is going to consider it, just a matter of whether they end up signing.

frozenrubber 02-12-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 44033727)
Yes, I was. His signing may not be THE deal that gets a team there but is one of a few. It does happen. If a team can afford to offer more, any player is going to consider it, just a matter of whether they end up signing.

Less of a worry compared to if Brandon Prust put up last year's scoring numbers in his UFA year, but a player like Prust is only 1 really good playoffs away from a stupid Joel Ward contract.

JoeRangers 02-12-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 44033727)
Yes, I was. His signing may not be THE deal that gets a team there but is one of a few. It does happen. If a team can afford to offer more, any player is going to consider it, just a matter of whether they end up signing.

I'm not so worried that I think he needs to be signed before the season is over. If it cost an extra $200k-$300K more by waiting so be it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.