HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TSN: Rinaldo gets 2 games for hit on Ericsson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1106169)

dingbathero 02-13-2012 06:35 PM

Rinaldo gets 2 games for hit on Ericsson
 
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387696

Rinaldo lined Ericsson up on the play and hit him as he turned his head after making a pass behind the Detroit net.

Rinaldo was assessed a charging minor on the play.

------

******** call on the suspension! I think it was a great hit as MANY others do, Red Wings fans alike.

OriginJM 02-13-2012 06:37 PM

whatever

GKJ 02-13-2012 06:40 PM

Sounds like it's a cumulative punishment starting with the Devils game.

RJ8812 02-13-2012 06:42 PM

what a joke

John Flyers Fan 02-13-2012 06:42 PM

Might as well trade him at the deadline. As long as he's in orange and black every big hit will be over scrutinized until he's been completely neutered.

Kaktus* 02-13-2012 06:42 PM

I do not understand what this idiot is doing.

sobrien 02-13-2012 06:43 PM

Seems pretty clear and fair to me. Idk what all the *****ing is about.

Beef Invictus 02-13-2012 06:47 PM

Without his slewfoot on Parise he probably doesn't get suspended here. But, he did do that. And then he did this. So here we are.

Kaktus* 02-13-2012 06:48 PM

So is every charging penalty going to be 2 games form now on? I mean is that what this X Red Wing turd is saying?

wingnutjeff 02-13-2012 06:49 PM

It was a penalty but if he hadn't had two finable offenses in the past 5 games there wouldn't have been a suspension. He could have creamed Ericsson without leaving his feet, hope he can figure that out because a good hit is still fun to watch.

Tags27 02-13-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingnutjeff (Post 44082177)
It was a penalty but if he hadn't had two finable offenses in the past 5 games there wouldn't have been a suspension. He could have creamed Ericsson without leaving his feet, hope he can figure that out because a good hit is still fun to watch.

He was fined for the **** in the NJ game. There's absolutely no reason he should get suspended for a hit in a game a week later.

He didn't leave his feet. His skates came off the ice after contact is made, which happens in every hit. No different that Kronwall on Briere.

Kaktus* 02-13-2012 06:54 PM

Why wasn't Moore punished?
Or palyer who took elbow to JVR's head during Dallas game?

Tim Tebow 02-13-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitroglycerin (Post 44082523)
Why wasn't Moore punished?
Or palyer who took elbow to JVR's head during Dallas game?

JVR clearly took his head to Moore's elbow.

GKJ 02-13-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 44082087)
Without his slewfoot on Parise he probably doesn't get suspended here. But, he did do that. And then he did this. So here we are.

Right, as I've said elsewhere, I think he was told "ok fine, but don't give me another reason to talk to you."

The Flyers and the league acknowledged that they've had back-and-forths about Rinaldo and what's been done to keep his discipline under control, so I don't think Shanahan was waiting to put the screws down.


Keep in mind Shanahan featured Rinaldo in a video during pre-season as a player making a good decision in hitting a player.


All said, this is a speeding ticket.

DetBigWangs 02-13-2012 07:02 PM

Terrible suspension. The hit was illegal but not dirty. He ran at Ericsson, but the hit was body on body. The 2 mins was all that was needed, IMO. The suspension was totally unnecessary. And I'm saying this as a wings fan.

Beef Invictus 02-13-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetBigWangs (Post 44083033)
Terrible suspension. The hit was illegal but not dirty. He ran at Ericsson, but the hit was body on body. The 2 mins was all that was needed, IMO. The suspension was totally unnecessary. And I'm saying this as a wings fan.

I don't think it was just for this hit, though. I think this goes back to his slewfoot on Parise. This is a hint from Shanahan to him to calm down a little. I think they're just trying to reign him in a bit to keep him under control.

kammy 02-13-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 44083167)
I don't think it was just for this hit, though. I think this goes back to his slewfoot on Parise. This is a hint from Shanahan to him to calm down a little. I think they're just trying to reign him in a bit to keep him under control.

Lavi: Sweep the leg Zac! you got a problem with that?
Rinaldo: NO SENSEI!

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-13-2012 07:15 PM

Shanahan's video explanation:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=157353

DrinkFightFlyers 02-13-2012 07:22 PM

Lame.

flyersfan187 02-13-2012 07:40 PM

Riley Cote and Coastey don't like this either on twitter. A borderline penalty gets you a suspension. It isn't right and I hope the Flyers don't step back on the physical side of the game. It is what makes hockey hockey.

GKJ 02-13-2012 07:52 PM

That's a fake Coatesy account anyways.

flyersfan187 02-13-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 44086121)
That's a fake Coatesy account anyways.

Hah thanks. I just checked that. I am still not the biggest on knowing what is going on on that website!

Go For It 02-13-2012 07:55 PM

Again, as others have said, if the NJ game wasn't so recent, this most likely isn't a suspension. Don't really have a problem with it, and I applaud Shanahan for doing these videos.

Did Campbell do them before?

hckyplayer8 02-13-2012 07:56 PM

Considering there was hit performed on one of our players that was similar...just bogus.

2minutes4slashing 02-13-2012 08:02 PM

yawn@ the new NHL


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.