HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   World Juniors Team Leaders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=110694)

hockey observer 10-27-2004 12:42 PM

World Juniors Team Leaders

Just Curious, What Kind Of Impact Sidney Crosby Will Have On The Canadian Team At The Upcoming World Juniors?

Last Year He Played A Small Role Where He Was Getting Some Experience As A 16 Year Old But Was Not Relied On In Key Situtions. I Believe The Team Will Be Very Similar To Last Year's , Possibly With A Few Returning Players Maybe Not Not Making The Squad. My Question Is How Much Will They Depend On Him And Will The Team Build Their Offense Around Him .

Dr.Sens(e) 10-27-2004 12:46 PM

While Canada will always roll out more than one "scoring line", I believe Crosby is pretty much guaranteed to play a much more prominent roll on the team this year and expect him to be a key part of one of the top lines.

Last year, he'd only played a couple of months of junior hockey and it wasn't clear whether he really was as dominant as he appeared to be. He was also one of the youngest players to ever play on the team, and Canada's coaches always lean towards junior hockey veterans. With a CHL Player of the Year under his belt, it's pretty clear Crosby is the real deal and will know what to expect of the WJC this year.

MrMastodonFarm* 10-27-2004 12:55 PM

Whats with all the capital letters?

weaponomega 10-27-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
Whats with all the capital letters?

That's what I was about to say :banana:

Zine 10-27-2004 03:13 PM

On the Canadian depth chart, I'd probably have him battling Jeff Carter for the #2 center position --- behind Horton.

Roughneck 10-27-2004 03:38 PM

I would think they would move Horton to the wing, or even play Crosby on the wing with Horton. I can see him play with some 'vets.' I think he's pretty much guaranteed to play with one of Horton or Bergeron. Or even both.

As for leaders captains wise, I really have no idea who will wear the C and As this year. Horton? Seabrook? Richards? At least they have alot to choose from, but since it doesn't look like Burns will make the team, there are no returning captians (which is usual I guess).

Vic Rattlehead* 10-27-2004 03:47 PM

I wonder if Bergeron will play centre or RW.

John Flyers Fan 10-27-2004 04:21 PM

Assuming that Horton and Bergereon will play for Canada I think you'll see:

Dawes-Richards-Stewart

Then a group of Getzlaf, Carter, Horton, Bergeron and Crosby to help form two more scoring lines.

Epsilon 10-28-2004 03:06 AM

Crosby will have a major role, but not as big as it would be if the lockout ends before then. I figure Horton will be the team's lead player due to his combination of experience, size, and ability.