HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Team Chemistry (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1107525)

bogans 02-15-2012 09:01 AM

Team Chemistry

There is something to be said for the way this team is playing together. Yes, they give up more shots than they get many nights. Yes, they are less skilled than many teams they will face on a nightly basis. Yes, they rely upon Henke to bail them out at times. Yes, Dubinsky and Richards are both overpaid for the amount of points they chip in from a statistical perspective. Yes, they win most games and no team has figured out how to beat their system consistently.

They find a way to pot enough goals to come away with W's and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Each member of the team has bought into the system and I cannot envision giving any of their players a more diminished role. Would it be nice to have somebody with the silky moves of Rick Nash, the wrister of Jeff Carter or the power game of Bobby Ryan? Yes, but not at the expense of a squad who is poised to continue winning at a historic rate. Relying at times upon the best goaltender in the league in his prime and blocking a lot of shots in front of him could definitely lead to hardware in the World's Most Famous Arena.

I challenge our brilliant GM, who made a move at the deadline three years ago that cemented the current squad as a contender to do absolutely nothing in the current year. Do not screw up this chemistry. Do not ship out anybody who plays on the current roster and keep our top prospects and picks in hand. The most important parts of the team aren't going anywhere after the season and if the chemistry and defense/goaltending does not prove to be enough, next year is also a very good possibility and moves can be made in the offseason/deadline next year. In fact, I would suggest Sather come right out to the media and tell them and his team that he will not be making any moves and he believes in our boys. It would go over huge in the room, I am sure.

BTW, the move he made three years ago by getting rid of Gomer in exchange for McD and what became Prust was absolutely brilliant. Not only because of those two players, but the move was really intended to open up cap space so they could sign Gabby in the offseason. Essentially, the move was Gomer in exchange for Gabby, McD and Pruster. One of the best trades in the history of NYR already.

dethomas07 02-15-2012 09:17 AM

totally agree with you..but this young team isn't getting younger and if you have opportunities to go after 30 goal scorers, and could possibly do it with out mortgaging to much of the future/present you have to do it..

Latest trade that was big was Hossa to Pit, helped make there run at the cup, thats what we could do to help (Colby Armstrong, EC, and a first) just saying....

pjdude 02-15-2012 10:15 AM

I challenge our brilliant GM, who made a move at the deadline three years ago that cemented the current squad as a contender to do absolutely nothing in the current year. Do not screw up this chemistry. Do not ship out anybody who plays on the current roster and keep our top prospects and picks in hand. The most important parts of the team aren't going anywhere after the season and if the chemistry and defense/goaltending does not prove to be enough, next year is also a very good possibility and moves can be made in the offseason/deadline next year. In fact, I would suggest Sather come right out to the media and tell them and his team that he will not be making any moves and he believes in our boys. It would go over huge in the room, I am sure.

AMEN. I agree 110 % Well spoken.

bogans 02-15-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dethomas07 (Post 44177909)
totally agree with you..but this young team isn't getting younger and if you have opportunities to go after 30 goal scorers, and could possibly do it with out mortgaging to much of the future/present you have to do it..

Latest trade that was big was Hossa to Pit, helped make there run at the cup, thats what we could do to help (Colby Armstrong, EC, and a first) just saying....

Definitely agree with you, but so many of the players that are being talked about as potentially available are longer term investments that you would have to give up a significant part of the future like Carter, Nash or Ryan. I would be all for a Wolski for Wizard trade, but at the same time I don't like potentially having to put Shaggy Haggy down to the 4 line. It would bring more scoring and a better PP Unit, BUT it would also bring less defensive concious.

True Blue 02-15-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dethomas07 (Post 44177909)

This team has 4 players that are 30 or older. And to get teh players that you are talking about, you are going to have to take a chance on mortgaging what you have spent time building.