HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need an energy winger ASAP (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1107577)

boss3252 02-15-2012 10:30 AM

Need an energy winger ASAP
 
I think the Caron and Pouliot experiemnt has become alittle dry. We need an energy winger who will bump and grind shift after shift and play on one of the top lines.

Here is a list:

Travis Moen
Steve downie
David Jones
Chuck Kobasew
Tom Kostopoulos
Kyle Wellwood
Tuuomu Ruutu (Injured right now but would be my favorite)

doubleminor138 02-15-2012 10:33 AM

First four guys I would consider. For depth and for "right now". I wouldn't let those guys in the top 6, but I would surely send Caron to...somwhere...anywhere....to make room in the bottom 6.

Dogberry 02-15-2012 10:36 AM

I have to say, Kyle Wellwood is not a name that comes to mind when I hear "energy winger". Now if you had said "soft hands and soft belly", I would think of Kyle Wellwood.

Bridges31 02-15-2012 10:41 AM

No thanks to Steve Downie for the sole reason that he's a punk and I can't stand him.

Would love to see Kobasew back for a 3rd line role. There were rumors of him coming back to Boston at last years deadline.

WhiteMandingo 02-15-2012 10:42 AM

If Edmonton would be willing to trade Ryan jones he would be perfect

WhiteMandingo 02-15-2012 10:44 AM

Kobasew was pretty brutal with Colorado and Minnesota but maybe he would fit in again here.

Fire Sweeney 02-15-2012 10:48 AM

Derek Dorsett

sarge88 02-15-2012 04:53 PM

I don't know how he's played in Providence this year but what about giving MacDermid a shot?

Maybe move Paille up to the 3rd line to make room and sit Caron.


Lucic - Krejci - Peverley
Marchand - Bergy - Sequin
Paille - Kelly - Pouliot
MacDermid - Campbell - Thornton

ODAAT 02-15-2012 04:55 PM

Clutterbuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve seen Kobi on 2 occasions in the last few months and he`s looked very solid, always appreciated what he brought when healthy

Killer B 02-15-2012 04:58 PM

I still think a guy like Andrei Kostitsyn would be a good fit.

27 years old.
Could be had for cheap
Final year of contract (3.25)
12 goals / 12 assists this year
Big body, not afraid of contact

Would be a decent fill in for injured Horton, then drop to
3rd line (for Poo) when Horts returns.

I think he's been screwed by the Habs. Has played on every
line. Never given much of a chance to gel with anyone. Under
the new coach, he's been a 3rd & 4th liner (as well as being a
healthy scratch a few times). He's playing fewer and fewer
minutes per game and is not happy.

Some interesting numbers on Kostitsyn:
- Averages a goal for every 56 minutes of ice time and a point
every 29

He has averaged less ice time than Moen (a guy lots of teams seem
to covet, yet has more goals, assists, GWG's and PP goals (and has
a much better shooting %)... Oddly enough, Moen & Kostitsyn are
tied with 75 hits each (Looch leads the B's forwards with 124 hits,
second is Thornton with 69).

nonoffensiveusername 02-15-2012 04:58 PM

Kobasew huh? I liked him when he was here, how's he been playing elsewhere? Any injuries?

ODAAT 02-15-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonoffensiveusername (Post 44200481)
Kobasew huh? I liked him when he was here, how's he been playing elsewhere? Any injuries?

he is playing a "Recci" like role, a much younger Rex of course in Colorado, with all due respect to the coaches there, not sure he`s being used properly in when and where he is being used, he`s probably one of their most consistent forwards when it comes to shift in and out effort, nothing has changed there for Chucky, his pt total is non existent but this thread asks for energy...he`s still got that

nonoffensiveusername 02-15-2012 05:27 PM

Well he used to score 20 goals every season for us. Can't hurt to have him back, especially if it means Caron going back to Prov or only filling in on the 4th line.

8spokesontheB 02-15-2012 05:28 PM

Pouliot and Caron don't really bother me so much as long as they aren't on the same line. I'm not ready to throw Benoit out with the wash just yet, and if - one way or another - the former first line gets a right wing up there and Pevs can come back to the third where he belongs, the team will look good going forward.

Kiss My Rask 02-15-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 44200331)
Clutterbuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve seen Kobi on 2 occasions in the last few months and he`s looked very solid, always appreciated what he brought when healthy

came here to post Clutterbuck

dredeye 02-15-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossman34 (Post 44201921)
came here to post Clutterbuck

fan favourite. No chance they trade him.

BrainOfJ 02-15-2012 06:08 PM

parise.

Dogberry 02-15-2012 06:13 PM

You guys calling for Cal Cluster**** need to explain to me why you think he'd be on the block for anything less than a massive overpayment.

XtremeofParanoia 02-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleBruin (Post 44204243)
You guys calling for Cal Cluster**** need to explain to me why you think he'd be on the block for anything less than a massive overpayment.

I think this thread is more of a wishlist than any sort of insight into who is available... kinda like every other trade deadline thread on this website.

Lam7825 02-15-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleBruin (Post 44204243)
You guys calling for Cal Cluster**** need to explain to me why you think he'd be on the block for anything less than a massive overpayment.

SB, what do you have against Bucky? I love the fact that he's willing to hit anything and everything. He kinda reminds me of an older wiser Marchand. No chance the Wild will trade him though. He's a God in Minnesota- right behind Koivu.

I wouldn't mind Kobasew coming back, or Ryan Jones out of Edmonton would be a nice spark plug as well. That guy is an Energizer bunny on skates.

Lauri from Tacoma

Dogberry 02-15-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lam7825 (Post 44226663)
SB, what do you have against Bucky? I love the fact that he's willing to hit anything and everything. He kinda reminds me of an older wiser Marchand. No chance the Wild will trade him though. He's a God in Minnesota- right behind Koivu.

I wouldn't mind Kobasew coming back, or Ryan Jones out of Edmonton would be a nice spark plug as well. That guy is an Energizer bunny on skates.

Lauri from Tacoma

Nothing against him at all... I like him a lot. That's why I don't think Minny will want to give him up... fan fave, very physical, a bit of scoring touch. I'd love to have on the B's, but he's approaching cult hero status in Minny (as you say)... it would take more than he's worth to pry him away.

I just like to call him Cal Cluster****. It's the 12-year-old boy just beneath the surface of every adult male coming out. :laugh:

22Brad Park 02-15-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss3252 (Post 44180573)
I think the Caron and Pouliot experiemnt has become alittle dry. We need an energy winger who will bump and grind shift after shift and play on one of the top lines.

Here is a list:

Travis Moen
Steve downie
David Jones
Chuck Kobasew
Tom Kostopoulos
Kyle Wellwood
Tuuomu Ruutu (Injured right now but would be my favorite)

UMBURGER! :sarcasm: But i think Bruins are gonna go big and get Nash,,He is a protypical Bruins big power forward and a guy that can finish,Be hard not to take stab at him on market<Bruins have assets to get it done too is my bet,

22Brad Park 02-15-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer B (Post 44200457)
I still think a guy like Andrei Kostitsyn would be a good fit.

27 years old.
Could be had for cheap
Final year of contract (3.25)
12 goals / 12 assists this year
Big body, not afraid of contact

Would be a decent fill in for injured Horton, then drop to
3rd line (for Poo) when Horts returns.

I think he's been screwed by the Habs. Has played on every
line. Never given much of a chance to gel with anyone. Under
the new coach, he's been a 3rd & 4th liner (as well as being a
healthy scratch a few times). He's playing fewer and fewer
minutes per game and is not happy.

Some interesting numbers on Kostitsyn:
- Averages a goal for every 56 minutes of ice time and a point
every 29

He has averaged less ice time than Moen (a guy lots of teams seem
to covet, yet has more goals, assists, GWG's and PP goals (and has
a much better shooting %)... Oddly enough, Moen & Kostitsyn are
tied with 75 hits each (Looch leads the B's forwards with 124 hits,
second is Thornton with 69).

good job ,,

KnightofBoston 02-15-2012 10:02 PM

im all for getting someone, but the team just isnt playing well right now, an acquisition will not fix what ails em

same old bruins MO, either play like the best team in the world, or beat themselves with stupid decisions. Up down, up down.

PietB 02-16-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleBruin (Post 44204243)
You guys calling for Cal Cluster**** need to explain to me why you think he'd be on the block for anything less than a massive overpayment.

Still sounds tempting to me, even with overpaying a bit. Wanted him on the Bruins for a long time, he'd be such a perfect fit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.