HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Speculation: Thomas for Pat Kane??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1107851)

theironshiek 02-15-2012 04:04 PM

Thomas for Pat Kane???

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...211130431.html

This really grabbed my attention. What do you guys think?

MillerTime 86 02-15-2012 04:07 PM

Yeah, let's trade our #1 goaltender away right before the start of the playoffs :shakehead

This makes zero sense for us right now... Not to mention that Chicago would never make this trade either.

Ridiculous all around.

theironshiek 02-15-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin (Post 44198119)
Yeah, let's trade our #1 goaltender away right before the start of the playoffs :shakehead

This makes zero sense for us right now.

I just found it interesting, I don't want to trade him but I love Pat Kane.

Kaoz* 02-15-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin (Post 44198119)

This makes zero sense for us right now.

I'd so that in a heartbeat. Literally, a heartbeat. Never happen though, definitely not from a Hawk standpoint and if they would, I'd hate to see what would be accompanying Thomas to Chicago.

Taz#24 02-15-2012 04:14 PM

Sorry but this should not be listed as a rumour!

Quote:

Originally Posted by theironshiek (Post 44198001)

It's mere speculation by Jeremy REONICK and it doesn't even mention Tim THOMAS.

BoyntBergie 02-15-2012 04:15 PM

I'd make this deal. I don't think Chicago would.

That said, it will never happen regardless.

DayNah 02-15-2012 04:16 PM

0% chance Chicago does this.

Kaoz* 02-15-2012 04:16 PM

It's also worth mentioning Thomas isn't mentioned anywhere in the article, so the title "Rumor: Thomas for Kane" is a bit misleading... unless of course you're trying to convey that it's a rumor you want to create in which case, have at er.

bp13 02-15-2012 04:16 PM

Chicago would be in full-on panic mode to make that move.

Kaoz...I'll race you on that heartbeat!

theironshiek 02-15-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz#24 (Post 44198499)
It's mere speculation by Jeremy REONICK and it doesn't even mention Tim THOMAS.

You are right I changed it.

Shaun 02-15-2012 04:17 PM

If this was offered by Chicago and Chiarelli rejected I would expect him to be fired immediately.

doubleminor138 02-15-2012 04:22 PM

Ridiculous.

BamBamCam 02-15-2012 04:23 PM

At least Kane went to the White House. :sarcasm:

Kaoz* 02-15-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp13 (Post 44198577)
Chicago would be in full-on panic mode to make that move.

Kaoz...I'll race you on that heartbeat!

Great, we'd both die of heart attacks.

I'd think a Rask/Kane foundation would make more sense then Thomas/Kane and the plus' would still be quite substantial going with Tuukka imo. And I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

All that said, doesn't fit Chia's M.O. especially considering he continuously goes on record come deadline about not wanting to disrupt team chemistry. Be interesting to see what would happen if Kane's name was being floated out there though, I can't imagine Chia not at least doing his due diligence and taking a stab at it. Most likely just fluff, Kane means too much to Chicago.

smithformeragent 02-15-2012 04:25 PM

What would Discover do about the commercials, dub over them?

"I'm in a cab....a CHICAGO cab..."

Didn't Obama make a big deal about hailing a cab in Chicago?.....it all comes full circle

Wilhelm Scream 02-15-2012 04:25 PM

I'd absolutely do this.

Lucic Seguin Kane... yes plz.

ThomasJ13 02-15-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 44198629)
If this was offered by Chicago and Chiarelli rejected I would expect him to be fired immediately.

If this was offered I'd expect Stan Bowman to be fired immediately.

chizzler 02-15-2012 04:28 PM

I wouldn't trade Kane for Thomas. Chicago would be insane to do this. I wish they would but..............c'mon realistically, not happening.

NastyNate17 02-15-2012 04:29 PM

I would do that deal in a second and I'd even add to it if it meant landing Kane. He's a franchise player entering his prime, Thomas is nearing the end of his career..this is a no-brainer.

Bucheron 02-15-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithformeragent (Post 44199005)
What would Discover do about the commercials, dub over them?

"I'm in a cab....a CHICAGO cab..."

Didn't Obama make a big deal about hailing a cab in Chicago?.....it all comes full circle

At least Discover had the foresight not to have Kane doing the commercial in a cab.

Kiss My Rask 02-15-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theironshiek (Post 44198001)

i dont know.. Kane is almost exactly what we need for our offense and powerplay, but like people have said hes our #1 goaltender and hes much more proven than Rask in the post-season. Honestly i cant lean either way.

bp13 02-15-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoz (Post 44198953)
Great, we'd both die of heart attacks.

I'd think a Rask/Kane foundation would make more sense then Thomas/Kane and the plus' would still be quite substantial going with Tuukka imo. And I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

All that said, doesn't fit Chia's M.O. especially considering he continuously goes on record come deadline about not wanting to disrupt team chemistry. Be interesting to see what would happen if Kane's name was being floated out there though, I can't imagine Chia not at least doing his due diligence and taking a stab at it. Most likely just fluff, Kane means too much to Chicago.

I've often wondered about the leadership in chicago. If you look at them since they won the Cup, they are prone to some LONG losing streaks, and they're also susceptible to lousy teams. They lay more eggs than any other top notch team in the NHL, next to a team like SJ. When that happens I always wonder about leadership/egos int the room. Chicago has loads of high-end talent and you wonder if maybe they need more cooks and fewer chefs.

I also think Kane goes nowhere. But I'd still make the call...maybe ask about Sharp, Keith, Seabrook and Cjalmerrson (whatever his spelling is) too. That team has to be close to desperate by now.

Artemis 02-15-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chizzler (Post 44199119)
I wouldn't trade Kane for Thomas. Chicago would be insane to do this. I wish they would but..............c'mon realistically, not happening.

Roenick is following Justin Bourne's mantra of "permanently disrupt someone's life so I can be entertained on deadline day." :laugh:

8spokesontheB 02-15-2012 04:32 PM

I would not make this trade. They've both had standout playoffs, they're both elite players at their positions, but right at this very moment I don't think this trade would help the Bruins enough. Pat Kane's a 25-30 goal guy, very creative and would probably excel playing with Seguin, but I think Thomas is the difference between going deep into the playoffs or not.

I wouldn't make the trade.

KnightofBoston 02-15-2012 04:32 PM

it'll never happen but in all honesty if it did, happy trails Timmy.