HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread 9.0: ..."You want to rip apart this team and do WHAT?" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1108743)

bobbop 02-16-2012 11:01 AM

Trade Proposal Thread 9.0: ..."You want to rip apart this team and do WHAT?"

Close to 1000. Fresh start.

If Sauer is not coming back, Kubina makes my traveling squad. That still leaves Sather a forward short though. I still think there's no way he goes into the playoffs with Wolski or Bickel or Newbury as the 13th forward.

Gardner McKay 02-16-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbop (Post 44250469)
Close to 1000. Fresh start.

If Sauer is not coming back, Kubina makes my traveling squad. That still leaves Sather a forward short though. I still think there's no way he goes into the playoffs with Wolski or Bickel or Newbury as the 13th forward.

You should read the trade forums. Some are suggesting Kreider Thomas or Sauer could go the other way for Kubina :biglaugh:

Hockey Team 02-16-2012 11:05 AM

Let's trade for chara

Grumpy Humphrey 02-16-2012 11:09 AM

Malkin or bust

bobbop 02-16-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR (Post 44250609)
You should read the trade forums. Some are suggesting Kreider Thomas or Sauer could go the other way for Kubina :biglaugh:

Yeah, right.

The only thing that validates is that other teams' fans also own NHL '12.

Yogan and a 3rd.

Hensch 02-16-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbop (Post 44250915)
Yeah, right.

The only thing that validates is that other teams' fans also own NHL '12.

Yogan and a 3rd.

Thats a fair deal, nice work

bernmeister 02-16-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot (Post 44250913)
Malkin or bust

I'm sure there are less expensive options to an uber-elite guy like Malkin.
There's a pre-elite sniper out there somewhere, would be very expensive, but worth it, IMO. Just can't remember his name,,,,

Uh, never mind...
(with fond remembrance of the late great Gilda Radner)

bernmeister 02-16-2012 11:21 AM

Seriously, forget Kubina.
Zenith was pushing for A Martinez from the Kings a bit back, and would be a better full time investment than a pure rental. Young, good shot, good fit.

Kings need wings. My discussion on their board a while back is they were largely good with something around Martinez for Christian Thomas as principles.

Do we have a better immediate insurance policy for our D?

bernmeister 02-16-2012 11:23 AM

Since the chances of biting us in the ass are minimal, can we unload Avery now?

NYR Viper 02-16-2012 11:23 AM

Kubina please. Perfect bottom-pairing guy and he has a good, hard shot from the point.

Trxjw 02-16-2012 11:27 AM

Going to ask people to keep minor rumors and trade discussion in here (especially ones that everyone knows about already). Rick Nash was big enough to deserve his own thread. Kubina being on the market is not.

McDonagh 02-16-2012 11:30 AM

I'd be alright with a similar to McCabe deal. I understand we probably would have to give up more than just a 3rd and Tim Kennedy to get Kubina.

GAGLine 02-16-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 44251619)
Seriously, forget Kubina.
Zenith was pushing for A Martinez from the Kings a bit back, and would be a better full time investment than a pure rental. Young, good shot, good fit.

Kings need wings. My discussion on their board a while back is they were largely good with something around Martinez for Christian Thomas as principles.

Do we have a better immediate insurance policy for our D?

We don't need a full time investment. We need someone to help us win a cup. Kubina will accomplish that better than Martinez will. Is Martinez an upgrade over Eminger? Debatable at this point.

We don't need to add another dman long term with the depth we have. Martinez would have nowhere to play.

Vitto79 02-16-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stepan Up (Post 44252107)
I'd be alright with a similar to McCabe deal. I understand we probably would have to give up more than just a 3rd and Tim Kennedy to get Kubina.

I think they want a 2nd but they will get a 3rd and a prospect

Zuccarello?

Bishop is a G from STL that may fit TB's needs. Roloson needs to retire

GAGLine 02-16-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 44251703)
Since the chances of biting us in the ass are minimal, can we unload Avery now?

As long as the acquiring team is willing to put him through re-entry. We won't do it.

IBleedNYRBlue 02-16-2012 11:33 AM

Hey guys, i've been thinking really hard and thought of a guy who can really help this team.

Taylor Hall.

I was thinking possibly Girardi, Stepan, Dubinsky, Mcdonagh, Kreider, 1st would do it and oh...since a lot of you want to trade Staal, too, I was thinking maybe just throw him in there too. Hey, we get a young sniper in Hall who fits our biggest need!

Inferno 02-16-2012 11:34 AM

i just dont see the need for a defenseman. i rarely look at any of our D and say...the guy is playing like Marek Malik did.

there really isnt anyone on this team id consider a whipping boy that we'd need to upgrade them. all 6 D are quite strong.

Hensch 02-16-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL605 (Post 44252301)
Hey guys, i've been thinking really hard and thought of a guy who can really help this team.

Taylor Hall.

I was thinking possibly Girardi, Stepan, Dubinsky, Mcdonagh, Kreider, 1st would do it and oh...since a lot of you want to trade Staal, too, I was thinking maybe just throw him in there too. Hey, we get a young sniper in Hall who fits our biggest need!

:facepalm:

Again Really?

Rangerfans 02-16-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 44252385)
i just dont see the need for a defenseman. i rarely look at any of our D and say...the guy is playing like Marek Malik did.

there really isnt anyone on this team id consider a whipping boy that we'd need to upgrade them. all 6 D are quite strong.

I agree.

...I just don't want Nash. Not for that albatross contract.

Stugots 02-16-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Agree 100%. I don't think there is a glaring weakness in our D that would facilitate the need to make a trade. I mean, we just shutout the defending Stanley Cup Champions (granted that was mostly due to Henrik but the D definitely deserves credit). I feel like Kubina would be making a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

McSauer 02-16-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Uhh Eminger? Strong?! He has been dreadful since coming back, taking the stupidest penalties...Kubina would be a HUGE upgrade over him...

94now 02-16-2012 11:42 AM

Zipay speculate Kubina to NYR

Quote:

Steve Zipay @stevezipay
Yzerman said nothing imminent RT @94Nyr: @stevezipay Kubina being held from practice and will be traded per tsn. Any chance its to Rangers?
Would Torts want the guy he won SC with? I bet he would. Do we need him? No, unless we lose top 4 D in Nash trade. Thoughts?

Fitzy 02-16-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSauer (Post 44252791)
Uhh Eminger? Strong?! He has been dreadful since coming back, taking the stupidest penalties...Kubina would be a HUGE upgrade over him...

He has been back for like 3 games... Was playing top 4 when injury happened.

Stugots 02-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSauer (Post 44252791)

Can we give him more than 4 games before we determine if we need to replace him or not?

IBleedNYRBlue 02-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hensch (Post 44252619)
:facepalm:

Again Really?

It was a joke.

C'mon now...