HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Pavel Kubina (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1108771)

AnderFunk 02-16-2012 11:17 AM

Pavel Kubina
 
Rumour has it he is close to being traded. Kubina seems to me like a player that DW would love to get. He is big, experienced, has a Cup Ring and has a good history with Boyle. And we have the cap space to do it.

Not sure how desperate Tampa Bay is to move him, but perhaps he could be had for a mid-late round draft pick.

sjshark91 02-16-2012 11:17 AM

9D?

Isn't that a lot.

OffSydes 02-16-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshark91 (Post 44251421)
9D?

Isn't that a lot.

How many of them are good?

Mafoofoo 02-16-2012 11:19 AM

Isn't he a UFA after this season? I thought DW wasn't about to go and get a UFA rental.

hockeyball 02-16-2012 11:20 AM

Also he's being held out in a game against us. I wouldn't expect a trade to finalize until after the game if it involves us, and part of the trade condition would be he doesn't play against us.

hockeyball 02-16-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 44251537)
Isn't he a UFA after this season? I thought DW wasn't about to go and get a UFA rental.

Yah, hand may be forced though if the player he wants requires us to trade a d-man.

Mafoofoo 02-16-2012 11:22 AM

Ok so assuming he does trade for Kubina. What would we have to give up to Tampa?

Fistfullofbeer 02-16-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 44251607)
Yah, hand may be forced though if the player he wants requires us to trade a d-man.

You mean some kind of package with a d-man+?? Dont know why we need to swap one d-man for another, unless its part of a package to actually address our tweener/top-6 need.

stalockrox 02-16-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 44251689)
Ok so assuming he does trade for Kubina. What would we have to give up to Tampa?

Yzerman said he's looking to build for the future - so picks and prospects are what he wants.

I don't think the Sharks are trading for Kubina though, their need is forward depth.

Mafoofoo 02-16-2012 11:31 AM

I'm going under the assumption that he'll get Kubina so he could trade out either White/Vandermeer/Demers (:help:) and picks/prospects for a forward.

Fistfullofbeer 02-16-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 44252137)
I'm going under the assumption that he'll get Kubina so he could trade out either White/Vandermeer/Demers (:help:) and picks/prospects for a forward.

I'd be fine with White or Demers. That being said Vandy wouldnt be bad either because if we get Kubina, White will probably end up being on the bench anyway.

Does Florida really have anyone who would fit our needs (and be available obviously)?

BillR10 02-16-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer (Post 44251785)
You mean some kind of package with a d-man+?? Dont know why we need to swap one d-man for another, unless its part of a package to actually address our tweener/top-6 need.

I think he means we would trade for kubina, then turn around and trade demers or Braun + for a needed forward. So we would get the forward needed and still have our defensive depth

Mafoofoo 02-16-2012 11:37 AM

No way on Braun and I'd rather not give up on Demers this early. White though can gtfo and pound sand. Same for Vandy minus the pounding sand part.

hockeyball 02-16-2012 11:41 AM

I'd send Niitty + White + 4th and hope White waves with the understanding we won't be re-signing him and he could audition with a new team closer to home this way.

Gilligans Island 02-16-2012 11:42 AM

If we're in on Kubina to deal out a dman for that tweener/top 6 fwd, I'd rather deal Murray... Vandy and White have zero value to other teams so forget them and don't want to trade Braun or Demers. We need their youth and value contracts.

The only trade I'd be happy with including Demers in is Glencross... 2nd (or 1st) + Demers for Glencross would be awesome.

Nighthock 02-16-2012 11:42 AM

Kubina would be a good fit ... bye bye Demers

Gilligans Island 02-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 44252797)
I'd send Niitty + White + 4th and hope White waves with the understanding we won't be re-signing him and he could audition with a new team closer to home this way.

There's no value in that package.

hockeyball 02-16-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligans Island (Post 44252929)
There's no value in that package.

Kubina is a rental, he's not that valuable. Plus they need a goalie and have experience with Niitty. If not, we could send them Sexsmith, but I dunno, I just get the feeling it's Niitty.

stalockrox 02-16-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 44253013)
Kubina is a rental, he's not that valuable. Plus they need a goalie and have experience with Niitty. If not, we could send them Sexsmith, but I dunno, I just get the feeling it's Niitty.

Why would anyone trade for Niitty when they can just wait and sign him in the offseason if they want him? Niitty won't do TB any good at all this season.

I agree with GI - Niitty, White, Vandy, none hold any value at all.

Gilligans Island 02-16-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 44253013)
Kubina is a rental, he's not that valuable. Plus they need a goalie and have experience with Niitty. If not, we could send them Sexsmith, but I dunno, I just get the feeling it's Niitty.

Your offer is more like a 4th plus scraps. I'm guessing Kubina fetches a 3rd, maybe a low 2nd.

hockeyball 02-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligans Island (Post 44253313)
Your offer is more like a 4th plus scraps. I'm guessing Kubina fetches a 3rd, maybe a low 2nd.

We'll see. We could send both Niitty and a goalie prospect in fact. White and Niitty give them the players to finish out the season and possibly re-sign both (cheaper than UFA). The goalie prospect is insurance.

Who knows, could be anything really.

Arrch 02-16-2012 11:57 AM

Aren't we overloaded on right handed defensemen? Why would we trade for another one? The only way I see this as possible is if we deal one of our young right handers (Demers/Braun) for something of value and we need a veteran for depth.

Brent Burns 02-16-2012 11:59 AM

Nah I don't see this happening. We have enough D already.

Gilligans Island 02-16-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyball (Post 44253557)
We'll see. We could send both Niitty and a goalie prospect in fact. White and Niitty give them the players to finish out the season and possibly re-sign both (cheaper than UFA). The goalie prospect is insurance.

Who knows, could be anything really.

Teams in the Bolts situation will play their prospects to see what they've got so aging vet UFAs to plug holes doesn't make sense.

I could see 4th + Sateri or Sexsmith and be fine with that.

Gilligans Island 02-16-2012 11:59 AM

Turn around and deal Demers + 2nd for Glencross. Make it happen, DW!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.