HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Marchand will not be sanctioned for his hit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1108779)

Kenny Powders 02-16-2012 11:26 AM

Marchand will not be sanctioned for his hit

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/335354.html

Seriously? Bush league stuff

Guy Caballero 02-16-2012 11:27 AM

of course not. he's on the bruins

Habs 4 Life 02-16-2012 11:28 AM

Emelin will destroy him next year

MTL-rules 02-16-2012 11:33 AM

The funny part is when he said last night that it was a clean hit and that they are big boys and can take it... hahaha the little rat always duck when he's hit because he's always scared. Start acting like a man out there and then you can have a word...

nilan30 02-16-2012 11:33 AM

I'm fine with that. Was a weird way to throw a hit but wasn't that bad.

Habs 02-16-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilan30 (Post 44252269)
I'm fine with that. Was a weird way to throw a hit but wasn't that bad.

********, the only reason he wasn't suspended is because there wasn't an injury. The league never punishes intent, only the result, another reason why Shanahan sucks bag.

When you just come off a suspension for the the same damn hit, it should be an easy call. Shanny has no balls, and neither do many of the Habs players, for not taking issue with the hit at some point.

Gutless.

Watsatheo 02-16-2012 11:38 AM

Meh no injury and he got a penalty for it. I'd have liked a warning or something considering this is Marchard's signature move but I guess Emelin learned that when a cheap shot player is coming at you, prepare yourself.

MasterDecoy 02-16-2012 11:46 AM

meh, hit wasn't that bad.

not gonna lose any sleep over it

SeriousHabs 02-16-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 44252595)
********, the only reason he wasn't suspended is because there wasn't an injury. The league never punishes intent, only the result, another reason why Shanahan sucks bag.

When you just come off a suspension for the the same damn hit, it should be an easy call. Shanny has no balls, and neither do many of the Habs players, for not taking issue with the hit at some point.

Gutless.

100% true. The Shanny bandwagon has really died off. If Emelin stays on the ice or suffers a concussion from the fall, Marchand gets 5 games.

Bill McNeal 02-16-2012 11:51 AM

Doesn't deserve a suspension. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a puck in the face, though.

Habs 4 Life 02-16-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill McNeal (Post 44253353)
Doesn't deserve a suspension. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a puck in the face, though.

question is will you cheer when he does?:nod:

The Kremelin Wall* 02-16-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 44253447)
question is will you cheer when he does?:nod:

Loud and proud.

PyrettaBlaze 02-16-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 44252017)
Emelin will destroy him next year

Yes, he will.

http://i44.tinypic.com/r0yu6u.jpg

Kriss E 02-16-2012 11:59 AM

I don't think the hit was that bad but that should have been irrelevant in the decision.
It's the type of hit that he throws that makes it wrong. He's done it before, he ducks to clip the knees, he almost did it to Subban yesterday as well. He was just suspended for it.
So, because of that, I think he should have been suspended. He clearly did not understand that ducking to clip the knees is bad. Letting him walk now will give him an even bigger green light. God knows this kid seems to have a peanut as a brain.

Miller Time 02-16-2012 12:00 PM

- no injury
- 2nd 1/2 of season (playoff races)
- bruin

Did anyone really believe he'd get anything?

Just wish we didn't have to watch our own guys casually skate by when things like this happen... Diaz barely even slowed down whil pointing to the ref. can you imagine how the B's would have reacted of subban had hit Marchand that way?

Saw Florida v. Ottawa last night.... I would kill for a guy like Neil on the habs... You can see how his attitude & behavior actually makes his teammates "tougher".

We need some nastiness on this team, getting bigger on its own means nothing without it.

MTL-rules 02-16-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 44253619)

He's pointing out to no 22... you know the embellisher and diver... ok, it could be the definition of Marchand to.

The Gal Pals 02-16-2012 12:03 PM

I'm fine with the no suspension but he should've at least received a call and a warning. It was the same type of play as against Salo but with a different outcome.

overlords 02-16-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 44253795)
I don't think the hit was that bad but that should have been irrelevant in the decision.
It's the type of hit that he throws that makes it wrong. He's done it before, he ducks to clip the knees, he almost did it to Subban yesterday as well. He was just suspended for it.
So, because of that, I think he should have been suspended. He clearly did not understand that ducking to clip the knees is bad. Letting him walk now will give him an even bigger green light. God knows this kid seems to have a peanut as a brain.

I'm sure that if Emelin had been hurt, he'd have got suspended. I can't stand how the NHL works when it comes to suspensions.

RedeyeRocketeer 02-16-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero (Post 44251985)
of course not. he's on the bruins

This year Paille, Lucic, Marchand and Ference have all had suspension. Why would people say that Bruins never get suspended?

Help 02-16-2012 12:10 PM

I look forward to the day that Emelin hits that little puke so hard that he ***** himself

llamateizer 02-16-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer (Post 44254215)
This year Paille, Lucic, Marchand and Ference have all had suspension. Why would people say that Bruins never get suspended?

for the number of ugly hits they made, its really low

as for the hit, it was dangerous but legal. Its under the knee that is illegal

Watsatheo 02-16-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Obviously because there's the sense that even with those suspension, they avoid some.

Kriss E 02-16-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Because it's pretty useless if you suspend people once every five times. Consistency is what matters. Letting a lot of their goonlike antics go on will not make them understand that they have to cool it down.

LyricalLyricist 02-16-2012 12:25 PM

Wasn't that bad a hit. Terrible timing though

Joe Cole 02-16-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 44252595)

Yes the league punishes result. That is the way it is and will always be. Get over it.

Can you imagine if they punished intent? There are 3-4 deadly intents per game. If you suspend everyone for intent, you remove a huge part of the physicality out of the game.

Then what are you left with? Lawn darts.

This hit was not the same as that on Salo. Time to get off the high horse.

Yes Marchand is a rat. Nobody thinks otherwise.