HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rumor: Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1109857)

NYR Viper 02-17-2012 12:57 PM

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II
 
Continue..........

Clowes Line 02-17-2012 12:58 PM

Buccigross is an ass. A smelly one at that.

Jabroni 02-17-2012 12:58 PM

10.27% Kreider is traded.

Following in the footsteps of that ESPN "reporter".

Rangerfan4life90 02-17-2012 01:00 PM

Posted this in the other thread before it got locked.

Could something like McI, Kredier OR Thomas, 1st round pick, Anisimov OR Dubi, and Chad Johnson get it done?

Draft Guru 02-17-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 44322573)
yes

Looks pretty obvious that he's putting forth his opinion as some stuff based on facts or sources.

Exactly. And he's getting called out on it and proceeds to act like a 5 year old, blocking Rangers fans on twitter and chirping back.

The guy is a Bruins fan and an ESPN anchor, columnist. What sources does he have within our team? Zero. How many people REALLY know what's going on upstairs with the Rangers? Not many. There's very few leaks with the Rangers. If it happens, it comes from agents or the other teams. Sather and staff keeps everything pretty tight to the vest.

NYR1967 02-17-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 44322977)
Buccigross is an ass. A smelly one at that.

Still no reply to my tweet "Really glad you're not the Ranger's GM. You'd hamstring them for another decade." Guess he ran out of "A" material...

glees68 02-17-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 (Post 44323037)
Posted this in the other thread before it got locked.

Could something like McI, Kredier OR Thomas, 1st round pick, Anisimov OR Dubi, and Chad Johnson get it done?

I'd probably do Johnson, Dubi, 1st, and Thomas. But would Columbus? I hope haha

broadwayblue 02-17-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

I assume you'd pass because of cap implications, correct? Cuz getting Nash for McI, Anisimov, Johnson and a 1st would be larceny.
Columbus would take Kreider over McIlrath. And likely Dubinsky over Anisimov. So the deal would be Kreider, Dubinksy, Johnson and a 1st for Nash. If Nash made 2M, or even 1.5M less, it would be easier to swallow. But taking on a 7.8M salary is a bit of a concern considering the impending CBA issues.

NYR Viper 02-17-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 (Post 44323037)
Posted this in the other thread before it got locked.

Could something like McI, Kredier OR Thomas, 1st round pick, Anisimov OR Dubi, and Chad Johnson get it done?

WAY too much.

Vitto79 02-17-2012 01:04 PM

80% is a little insane........only way he is moved at all is for Nash and thats still a long shot

although Dubi and 4.2 million with Wolski at 3.8 clears 8 million and well there is Mr Nash

If they can trade a 1st with Thomas and McIlrath as the other pieces I think Sather does the deal..........if its Kreider I think he says no and I doubt Erixon is moved after just getting here

also pick up Sammy Pahlsson in the deal

Nash, Richards, Callahan
Anisimov, Stepan, Gaborik
Hagelin, Boyle, Prust
Rupp, Pahlsson, Fedotenko/Mitchell

Rangers Fail 02-17-2012 01:05 PM

Wasn't Buccigross the first one to report that Staal would be playing in the WC?
although I still find his reports strange.

Bird Law 02-17-2012 01:05 PM

Bucci is a jerk. Pretty much end of story.

Affinity 02-17-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glees68 (Post 44323137)
I'd probably do Johnson, Dubi, 1st, and Thomas. But would Columbus? I hope haha

I hope not. I really can't wait for the trade deadline to be over with.

jas 02-17-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Morrison (Post 44321677)
Stanley Cup is all I care about. If adding Rick Nash helps us winning it in the next 3 years or better yet NOW, that's all there is to it.

(and honestly, what the hell do you know about Kreiders production? Who ****ing KNOWS what he will produce? We KNOW what Nash will produce)

We do? A lot of people thought we were adding a 30+ goal scorer, when Robitaille was acquired, and in his 2nd year, he played next to the greatest passer of all-time and still spit the bit. You have no idea how players will perform in NY, and Nash has a reputation of being very comfortable outside of the spotlight. And, again, it's not Nash-for-Kreider straight up. There are other assets being asked for in addition to Kreider.

This much I know...the reports I've read regarding what the Rangers anticipate for Kreider is that he can step in to the top 6 as early as next year and be a 20-goal scorer, and that, he can be a consistent 30 goal scorer in his prime, which essentially what Nash is now. And, for the first 5-7 years of that time, he'll be doing it very inexpensively, which is ridiculously important in the salary cap era.

Clowes Line 02-17-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR1967 (Post 44323131)
Still no reply to my tweet "Really glad you're not the Ranger's GM. You'd hamstring them for another decade." Guess he ran out of "A" material...

Still no reply to this tweet from me either:

"@Buccigross @JRendfeld Bucci, I like you, but why the need to push Ranger fans' buttons? How's the article about Rangers needing to rebuild? Is that how @buccigross thinks?" (Rendfield tweeted Bucci that he'd rather have Kubina than Nash, to take some minutes away from Girardi and McDonagh, who are going to get tired as the season concludes.)

This is what Bucci tweeted back to Rendfeld, leading me to tweet the above to Bucci:

"@JRendfeld: @Buccigross rangers need Kubina more than Nash"---This is how Ranger fans think. #onecupinseventytwoyears

What a ****ing *****.

AdamBanks99 02-17-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 44323269)
80% is a little insane........only way he is moved at all is for Nash and thats still a long shot

or theoretically carter or ryan. both long shots right now.

we want cup 02-17-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 44323377)
We do? A lot of people thought we were adding a 30+ goal scorer, when Robitaille was acquired, and in his 2nd year, he played next to the greatest passer of all-time and still spit the bit. You have no idea how players will perform in NY, and Nash has a reputation of being very comfortable outside of the spotlight. And, again, it's not Nash-for-Kreider straight up. There are other assets being asked for in addition to Kreider.

This much I know...the reports I've read regarding what the Rangers anticipate for Kreider is that he can step in to the top 6 as early as next year and be a 20-goal scorer, and that, he can be a consistent 30 goal scorer in his prime, which essentially what Nash is now. And, for the first 5-7 years of that time, he'll be doing it very inexpensively, which is ridiculously important in the salary cap era.

How quickly the past is forgotten.

Rangerfan4life90 02-17-2012 01:09 PM

I actually like Nash, but that cap hit is just a killer. 7.8 for 8 more years???

It's the only reason I won't do the deal. Give me Carter for probably lesser assets

Callagraves 02-17-2012 01:09 PM

Guys, you all read that wrong.


80% chance Dubi is traded by the deadline*







*#notintendedtobeafactualstatement

Rangers Fail 02-17-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 44323391)
Still no reply to this tweet from me either:

"@Buccigross @JRendfeld Bucci, I like you, but why the need to push Ranger fans' buttons? How's the article about Rangers needing to rebuild? Is that how @buccigross thinks?" (Rendfield tweeted Bucci that he'd rather have Kubina than Nash, to take some minutes away from Girardi and McDonagh, who are going to get tired as the season concludes.)

This is what Bucci tweeted back to Rendfeld, leading me to tweet the above to Bucci:

"@JRendfeld: @Buccigross rangers need Kubina more than Nash"---This is how Ranger fans think. #onecupinseventytwoyears

What a ****ing *****.

Do it with me guys: *******! *******!

Rangers Fail 02-17-2012 01:13 PM

I seem to remember an interview with Nash saying he'd like to stay in Columbus because he can quietly go about his business and there's less pressure. That's he reverse opposite of what will happen in NY. We fans will make it known when players aren't performing up to par. Hell, last night, here were chants for Henrik after the third or fourth goal.

On the other hand, I'm sure playing for Team Canada in the Olympics in Vancouver is a lot of pressure too.

Clowes Line 02-17-2012 01:14 PM

Is anyone else scared that Sather will meet with Howson during the NYR-CBJ game and try to work out a deal?

Levitate 02-17-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru (Post 44323121)
Exactly. And he's getting called out on it and proceeds to act like a 5 year old, blocking Rangers fans on twitter and chirping back.

The guy is a Bruins fan and an ESPN anchor, columnist. What sources does he have within our team? Zero. How many people REALLY know what's going on upstairs with the Rangers? Not many. There's very few leaks with the Rangers. If it happens, it comes from agents or the other teams. Sather and staff keeps everything pretty tight to the vest.

The thing is he didn't say anything that's outlandish in a lot of ways, he just had to spin it like we're idiots if we don't agree with him

Would the Rangers players like Nash on the team? I'm sure they would if we're not taking into account anything else! But players don't make trades (also, players are on record as saying they like the group they have and want to go forward with the current team)

Saying trading an unproven prospect for an established forward isn't anything absurd either.

He just kind of goes off like it's unfathomable that all things considered, acquiring Nash might be too costly

I Am Chariot 02-17-2012 01:16 PM

If they have a shot at Parise in the summer than Dubi is likely the guy who gets moved anyway... would rather have Parise than Nash for this teams future.

Best scenario

Dubi to Ducks

Selanne to Rangers

Win the Cup

Sign Parise

Win the Cup again

Draft Guru 02-17-2012 01:16 PM

Dubinsky, Wolski, McIlrath, Thomas + 1st or 2nd
for
Nash

is a deal that I could live with from a value/organizational stand point. Doubt that gets it done, but that's all I'd be willing to move for Nash.

But when you factor in the 7.8M cap hit for the next 6 years and how that will handicap us retaining our own players going forward, I don't want anything to do with Rick Nash.

Pass.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.