HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Trade proposal Montreal-Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=111035)

FTK 10-29-2004 01:53 PM

Trade proposal Montreal-Minnesota

Zednik, Komisarek, 1st round pick

Gaborik , 2nd round pick

Bring Back Bucky 10-29-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTK

Gaborik , 2nd round pick

I got a feeling that if there's any Wild fans out there, you'll be wanting your fire retardant suit on. ;)

Uber Coca 10-29-2004 01:59 PM

Ugh, no thanks...

DBC Tweeker 10-29-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
Ugh, no thanks...

Are you serious?

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-29-2004 02:15 PM

that trade makes no sense, that's all I can say about it...

HuskyFlames 10-29-2004 02:22 PM

Maybe if Komi has shown more but until this point his value doesn't equal the equation.

thestonedkoala 10-29-2004 02:46 PM

Dear God no!

Kastitsyn, 1st Round Draft Pick and maybe something else...I don't have a list of the Habs prospects in front of me...

Plus why would Minnesota want to trade their only franchise player away playing for them when he was coming off a pretty bad season and his stock is kind of low?

Volcanologist 10-29-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
Ugh, no thanks...

:lol

FTK 10-29-2004 03:26 PM

so Minnesota fans say no way and Montreal fans say no way...I guess it's pretty fair value-wise then...

leafaholix* 10-29-2004 03:40 PM

Umm, why would Minnesota do this?

Beatnik 10-29-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTK
so Minnesota fans say no way and Montreal fans say no way...I guess it's pretty fair value-wise then...

Hainsey is probably the only one who would not make this deal. Montréal would win this one easily.

TwineSniper 10-29-2004 04:20 PM

Assuming Gaborik returns to form, yes this is slanted in Minnesota's favour, not as much as most think, but yes it is.

However, I don't think Montreal would do this because it really doesn't address any of our needs right now. Our Defence prospects is a little on the thin side.

Now if this was the beginnings of a 3 way deal with Montreal then flipping Gaborik to another team for something then it would be interesting.

417 10-29-2004 04:32 PM

Ummmm, where do I sign?

AG9NK35DT8* 10-29-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTK

Gaborik , 2nd round pick

Why? or even why would MTL even want to do a deal like this is my ?, they lose a first and komi and zednik , basically for Gaborik. The second is good but i mean to compensate for everything else lost.

Why would a deal like this even be thought about, seriously. I mean it makes no sense you are trading one goal scorer for another, then giving up a 1st and komi for a second. IMO , bad deal. The only difference between Zednik and Gaborik at this point is age, Gaborik has more potential to put up more #'s but by how much? I could understand if getting Gaborik would make MTL a better team or help them get farther in the standing's, but getting Gaborik wont do so. So basically the deal IMO is a no-go.

leafaholix* 10-29-2004 05:21 PM

Marian Gaborik is a franchise player, in order to acquire him you'd have to overpay by quite a bit. Think Ryder/Ribeiro, Komisarek, top prospect, and pick(s).

It Kills Me 10-29-2004 05:24 PM

NO.. Take out the second. (which is probably going to be something like 36 overall) and you could work from there.. But neither side would even consider this, what would it do for the teams.

Mike The Wall 10-29-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
I got a feeling that if there's any Wild fans out there, you'll be wanting your fire retardant suit on. ;)

No thank you and I am a habs fan.

myrocketsgotcracked 10-30-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Assuming Gaborik returns to form, yes this is slanted in Minnesota's favour, not as much as most think, but yes it is.

However, I don't think Montreal would do this because it really doesn't address any of our needs right now. Our Defence prospects is a little on the thin side.

Now if this was the beginnings of a 3 way deal with Montreal then flipping Gaborik to another team for something then it would be interesting.

this post makes no sense. if gaborik returns to form then its in Min's favor? Mtl would do this because it doesnt address any needs?

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-30-2004 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Marian Gaborik is a franchise player, in order to acquire him you'd have to overpay by quite a bit. Think Ryder/Ribeiro, Komisarek, top prospect, and pick(s).

Well, that's what you think. But you have no clue actually. When was the last time a young franchise player traded? Think about it, if there's no point of reference on value of those players, then how can you assume it's that?

leafaholix* 10-30-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Well, that's what you think. But you have no clue actually. When was the last time a young franchise player traded? Think about it, if there's no point of reference on value of those players, then how can you assume it's that?

Exactly.

Young franchise players never get traded because teams don't want to give away so much depth (in some cases, all of their depth) to acquire 1 player. But yes, I don't have a clue, but how many of us do?

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-30-2004 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Exactly.

Young franchise players never get traded because teams don't want to give away so much depth (in some cases, all of their depth) to acquire 1 player. But yes, I don't have a clue, but how many of us do?

no one knows, that's the funniest part. I guess even NHL GM don't know themselves because those players are not available and they know it. All the GM know that it's stupid to ask for those players...

leafaholix* 10-30-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
no one knows, that's the funniest part. I guess even NHL GM don't know themselves because those players are not available and they know it. All the GM know that it's stupid to ask for those players...

It is stupid, because they'd know the cost would be a ****load.

thestonedkoala 10-30-2004 03:22 AM

Plus why does Minnesota need defensemen?

Blind Gardien 10-30-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Plus why does Minnesota need defensemen?

That's the major problem with this deal. Minnesota has lots of great young defensemen and good prospects. They need some more scoring depth up front. Hence, Komisarek has little value to them and Gaborik has huge value to them.

Conversely, Montreal has a lot of forward prospects on the way, but is very weak and thin on defense. Hence Komisarek has inflated value to the Habs, and Gaborik's value is somewhat lessened.

It's no wonder that fans from both sides would flatly reject this deal.

NewHabsEra* 10-30-2004 10:47 AM

No thanks Komisarek is going nowhere, he has for the Habs the same value Phaneuf has for the Flames!