HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Skates Hurting My Feet (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1110369)

dwreckm 02-18-2012 03:48 AM

Skates Hurting My Feet

So I got a new pair of skates thinking my old ones didn't fit right. Got them professionally fitted, baked, and all that good stuff. But they're doing what my old skates did, and rubbing my feet raw below my ankle on the inside of my foot.

http://i.imgur.com/78EBn.jpg

Anyone know whats causing this? I tried wearing some hockey socks, and it didn't help. I'm about to go wear ankle supports that protect this area to stop it. Do I need to bring them back to the LHS and have them press/punch something? Edit: In case it matters, I have some Bauer Supreme One60 skates, and my other pair is an older pair of Easton Stealth S5's.

ArrogantOwl 02-18-2012 10:15 AM

They're probably too loose if they're rubbing against your skin.

goonx 02-18-2012 11:34 AM

I would say the heel lock area is too narrow for you. Get them punched or wear it a few more times to get them broken in. If they still feel terrible after 5-6 games, go get them punched.

I would also go to the LHS and show them this picture. Since they did the fitting for you, they're ultimately responsible for the fit of the skates.

Another thing that might be the problem is over-pronation. Try superfit or orthotics.

ean 02-18-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonx (Post 44364153)
I would say the heel lock area is too narrow for you. Get them punched or wear it a few more times to get them broken in. If they still feel terrible after 5-6 games, go get them punched.

I would also go to the LHS and show them this picture. Since they did the fitting for you, they're ultimately responsible for the fit of the skates.

Another thing that might be the problem is over-pronation. Try superfit or orthotics.

If they punch that close to the heel does he have to worry about losing the heel lock?

AIREAYE 02-18-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonx (Post 44364153)

Try Superfeet you mean?

I had the same problem as the OP did before Superfeet, because my arch collapses when I push down, causing friction in that area. Try Superfeet before you punch out the boot because while you can't undo a punch, you can always return Superfeet if they don't solve your problems.

dwreckm 02-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 44386153)
Try Superfeet you mean?

I had the same problem as the OP did before Superfeet, because my arch collapses when I push down, causing friction in that area. Try Superfeet before you punch out the boot because while you can't undo a punch, you can always return Superfeet if they don't solve your problems.

I'm definitely going to. I did notice some arch pain in my feet, and I do have some definite arches in my feet, as you may have noticed from the picture. I'll try it out on open skate Monday, if it doesn't do the trick, I'll get them punched.

Squidriss 02-21-2012 01:45 PM

Also try letting your foot heal up and then skate again your skin may callous over and not have that problem anymore, i know when i get new shoes they always cause my Achilles to blister but once they heal up i dont get the pain anymore. Cant hurt to try right?

vapor11 02-21-2012 02:29 PM

Sizing aside..Make sure you pull your socks tight to make sure of no wrinkles