HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Injury Report: Chris Kelly's new smile (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1110761)

Lost Horizons 02-18-2012 02:51 PM

Chris Kelly's new smile

http://twitter.com/#!/hackswithhaggs
Quote:

Have to appreciate Chris Kelly's willingness to speak to media after practice despite being down a tooth or 2

Tough break for Chris Kelly, who shattered his 2 front teeth going head-first into the boards at practice. Will spend rest of day at dentist

Chris Kelly injures teeth in practice

RaskMullet 02-18-2012 03:00 PM

that means caged kelly is back ! can't wait !!

Coach Parker 02-18-2012 03:11 PM

The return of the Cheesegrater!!!!!!!

Alicat 02-18-2012 03:17 PM

Viva La Cage!! Maybe it will still have magical powers. Glad he's ok tho!

KnightofBoston 02-18-2012 03:31 PM

Ouch. Hope they don't give him big ole gomer pile teeth

Giesse 02-18-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat (Post 44381699)
Viva La Cage!! Maybe it will still have magical powers. Glad he's ok tho!

Hope the return of the Cageface is auspicious, but in all seriousness I'm sorry to see any damage to Kelly's formerly lovely smile.

ODAAT 02-18-2012 03:38 PM

My gawd, these boys can`t stay healthy

Confound 02-18-2012 03:38 PM

I admire hockey players toughness, toughest athletes in NA.

Pay Carl 02-18-2012 03:41 PM

I read on Twitter that they were the front two teeth, not sure if its true though

PatriceBergeronFan 02-18-2012 03:47 PM

Thank God it isn't an actual injury as I worried when I first saw the thread. He'll be fine. Bruins cannot lose another forward right now in the top 9.

Dogberry 02-18-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 44382869)
My gawd, these boys can`t stay healthy

It's just teeth... you don't play hockey with your mouth. Well, unless you're Brat Marchand. :sarcasm:

Neely08 02-18-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofBoston (Post 44382479)
Ouch. Hope they don't give him big ole gomer pile teeth

Well, at least back when I had my front tooth fixed (broken in half by stick), the dentist starts out w/ this really long piece of material, shows you the mirror and says, "ok, you're all done! Take a look!" *hot hygienist(s) laughing at you*. Of course your speech at the time isn't intelligible enough for him to hear you threaten him (eg. ix eye uu-in ooth, uuk ace, or uoo uu-in ie, aahoe!!!. Thank god my other one was intact so they had some frame of reference for length. How do they know when you lose both?

Without a doubt Kelly's nickname in the locker room will be "Chompers" for a while.

ODAAT 02-18-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleBruin (Post 44383677)
It's just teeth... you don't play hockey with your mouth. Well, unless you're Brat Marchand. :sarcasm:

or Alex Burrows;)

FutureConsiderations 02-18-2012 04:07 PM

There's something to Cage Magic. Just ask Dan Paille and Wayne Simmonds.

pedrospecialk 02-18-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wKetch22 (Post 44383073)
I read on Twitter that they were the front two teeth, not sure if its true though

sooshii 02-18-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations (Post 44384597)
There's something to Cage Magic. Just ask Dan Paille and Wayne Simmonds.

I don't think Kelly needs to ask anyone. ;)

ssault 02-18-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wKetch22 (Post 44383073)

Shame that Christmas just passed

XtremeofParanoia 02-18-2012 05:47 PM

Sweet. Maybe he'll start playing offense now.

Homeland Security 02-18-2012 06:33 PM

Loosing teeth sucks (Not that I know). Guess his dentist will be happy.

Whats Bruin 02-18-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia (Post 44389787)
Sweet. Maybe he'll start playing offense now.

Sorry, but that dog doesn't hunt. Chris Kelly is a lifetime 30 point player. Put a 30 point player with much higher skilled players and he will produce more, but that's a product of the other more highly skilled players. The downside is if you do put a 30 point player with more highly skilled players then the higher skilled players point totals will eventually start to come down, and this is a product of the lesser skilled 30 point forward dragging the others production down.

Chris Kelly belongs on a line with players such as Seguin and Lucic as much as Rosie O'Donnell belongs on a beauty contestant podium with Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie. If there was ever an overrated Bruin on this board it's Chris Kelly. On 90% of his points he is the secondary factor...an empty net goal, Peverly putting it right on his stick inches from the goal line ( would have been more difficult to miss this than it was to score ), grazing the puck with his stick and then Caron taking it the rest of the way and scoring, pushing the puck two feet to Peverly and stepping onto the bench as Peverly skates into the zone and scores on a rocket to the top corner as Kelly watches from the bench. The point is Kelly is rarely the one who does the creating. Kelly has benefited far more from his linemates than they from him.

Kelly is not overly big or strong, is a mediocre passer and playmaker, with an average shot and vision. He is a good skater, but all combined he is an average third line player and nothing more. Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut, and even an average third line player plays above his skill level for brief periods. To expect consistent and prolonged production form Kelly is to court disappointment.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and after watching hockey for over forty years in person and on TV I just don't see it in Chris Kelly...and frankly never have. With all due respect to ours opinions - and I do respect others views and do not assume I am never wrong ( just rarely ) - it is mine that Chris Kelly is the solution to nothing. Peverly and Horton are at a level Kelly cannot replace. Wait out the injuries or acquire someone such as Ray Whitney who actually can produce on a regular basis.

XtremeofParanoia 02-18-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whats Bruin (Post 44395311)
Sorry, but that dog doesn't hunt. Chris Kelly is a lifetime 30 point player. Put a 30 point player with much higher skilled players and he will produce more, but that's a product of the other more highly skilled players. The downside is if you do put a 30 point player with more highly skilled players then the higher skilled players point totals will eventually start to come down, and this is a product of the lesser skilled 30 point forward dragging the others production down.

I think we're on the same team here. I appreciate Kelly scoring some clutch goals in the playoffs last season, but I'll pass on bringing him back for 2012-2013, especially if he's expecting a raise for that 15 game tear he went on earlier this season. He's pretty much been the Chris Kelly we all thought we were getting last season for the last two months.

bruinsfan1970 02-18-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 44393343)
Loosing teeth sucks (Not that I know). Guess his dentist will be happy.

It sure does,I lost 4 in my front top row and I have a nice bridge so no one can tell.But I lost them playing the game I love,hockey.Puck in the mouth,fighting and stick to mouth,oh yeah it hurts but it's worth it;)

Artemis 02-18-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Chris Kelly belongs on a line with players such as Seguin and Lucic as much as Rosie O'Donnell belongs on a beauty contestant podium with Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie. If there was ever an overrated Bruin on this board it's Chris Kelly. On 90% of his points he is the secondary factor...an empty net goal, Peverly putting it right on his stick inches from the goal line ( would have been more difficult to miss this than it was to score ), grazing the puck with his stick and then Caron taking it the rest of the way and scoring, pushing the puck two feet to Peverly and stepping onto the bench as Peverly skates into the zone and scores on a rocket to the top corner as Kelly watches from the bench. The point is Kelly is rarely the one who does the creating. Kelly has benefited far more from his linemates than they from him.

Kelly is not overly big or strong, is a mediocre passer and playmaker, with an average shot and vision. He is a good skater, but all combined he is an average third line player and nothing more. Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut, and even an average third line player plays above his skill level for brief periods. To expect consistent and prolonged production form Kelly is to court disappointment.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and after watching hockey for over forty years in person and on TV I just don't see it in Chris Kelly...and frankly never have. With all due respect to ours opinions - and I do respect others views and do not assume I am never wrong ( just rarely ) - it is mine that Chris Kelly is the solution to nothing. Peverly and Horton are at a level Kelly cannot replace. Wait out the injuries or acquire someone such as Ray Whitney who actually can produce on a regular basis.

Teams don't covet players like Chris Kelly for their brilliant offensive flair. I could go through Chiarelli's and Julien's reasons why he's a valuable player, but why bother? If you've been watching hockey for over forty years and you "don't see it in Chris Kelly," you never will.

CDJ 02-18-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

He is a playoff warrior and you don't win games without this type of player. BTW, we don't get out of Montreal without him and that is a FACT.

XtremeofParanoia 02-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDJ (Post 44398681)
He is a playoff warrior and you don't win games without this type of player. BTW, we don't get out of Montreal without him and that is a FACT.

We don't get out of Montreal without Ryder either.