HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   jacob markstrom (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1111627)

johnnyutah 02-19-2012 11:45 AM

jacob markstrom
 
hey leafs fan here, im in a keeper league fantasy team and i really need goaltending help, markstrom is available and i was wondering if any of you knew if markstrom will be getting called up soon? iv heard hes an excellent goalie. since its a keeper league even if he isnt going to get called this year if hes gonna be the starter next season then it may still be worth it for me to take him now.

Blad Meaning Gud 02-19-2012 11:51 AM

Pick him up, especially if it's a keeper league. He's best goalie not playing now.

Erick 02-19-2012 11:51 AM

This year - No
Next year - Likely no

Tuco 02-19-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 44431015)
This year - No
Next year - Likely no

What he said.

AwesomePanthers 02-19-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 44431015)
This year - No
Next year - Likely no

Disagree.

Erick 02-19-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers (Post 44443153)
Disagree.

At this point, it's really difficult to predict Markstrom being the starter next year (which was what he asked). At best, he'll be the backup/1B type of guy. Theodore's played really well this year and Markstrom hasn't exactly been stellar in the AHL, to be honest.

inxs 02-19-2012 03:29 PM

2011-12 Theodore - Clemenson

2012-13 Theodore - Markstrom

2013-14 Markstrom- Theodore

FinlandPanther 02-19-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 44448257)
At this point, it's really difficult to predict Markstrom being the starter next year (which was what he asked). At best, he'll be the backup/1B type of guy. Theodore's played really well this year and Markstrom hasn't exactly been stellar in the AHL, to be honest.

Markstrom started off great and then his team just started to get even worse. As soon as Markstrom got injured his team went on a huge streak with Gov.

Acadmus 02-20-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyutah (Post 44430439)
hey leafs fan here, im in a keeper league fantasy team and i really need goaltending help, markstrom is available and i was wondering if any of you knew if markstrom will be getting called up soon? iv heard hes an excellent goalie. since its a keeper league even if he isnt going to get called this year if hes gonna be the starter next season then it may still be worth it for me to take him now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinlandPanther (Post 44450275)
Markstrom started off great and then his team just started to get even worse. As soon as Markstrom got injured his team went on a huge streak with Gov.

Here's your answer ;) He's been out for some time, and I think he's had knee surgery a month or two back, didn't he? Out until March like half the Panthers' defense?

Markstrom Rules 02-20-2012 04:18 PM

Well, it's not really Markstrom's fault he got injured. His team sucked butt this season just like last season. I don't think it's a reach to surmise that if Markstrom had been in net for the last month or so, the Rampage would be on the same streak or better that they've been on with DGM. I think the Panthers will bring Markstrom in to camp with hopes of him being the 1B/backup next season and also invite a Emery/Niitymaki type to push him for the backup job. Worst case, Markstrom spends another year in the AHL and we have a decent vet backup behind Theo.

Jessica 02-20-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acadmus (Post 44501879)
Here's your answer ;) He's been out for some time, and I think he's had knee surgery a month or two back, didn't he? Out until March like half the Panthers' defense?

Markstrom played for us this past Saturday against the Texas Stars. That game the guys did not really help him out in the game. So we lost the game, 4-2.

nhlfan9191 02-21-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inxs (Post 44450039)
2011-12 Theodore - Clemenson

2012-13 Theodore - Markstrom

2013-14 Markstrom- Theodore

Jose has and always will be my favorite goalie. But I have a feeling he'll retire after next year. He's made a fortune throughout his career and the amount of money teams will offer him when he's that age probably won't be worth playing for.

Laus723 03-05-2012 04:22 PM

Markstrom named top goalie prospect

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

LuckyLuke87 10-28-2012 07:53 AM

For those who watch AHL games - what's happening to Jacob? I know the season's just started, but his numbers are terrible. In last game he allowed 6 goals on 25 shots. I thought his stats are influenced by weak team, but looking at stellar numbers of Grumet-Morris it seems that it's Jacob's poor play more than anything else.

To be honest, I'm starting to be worried. Jacob should by dominating the AHL right now, not losing #1 job in San Antonio to undrafted goalie who basically came out of nowhere.

Markstrom Rules 10-28-2012 03:30 PM

Overreaction. 2 games. Robin Lehner let in 4 goals last night and his team lost. Does he suck too?

Plus, Markstrom was very good in his first game, numbers be damned. Hes had one bad game and peoples heads are exploding. You guys are officially worse than Leafs fans now.

PierreMcGuire* 10-28-2012 03:37 PM

Markstrom being voted as Top Prospect.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1275257

RampageNate 10-28-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLuke87 (Post 55339993)

To be honest, I'm starting to be worried. Jacob should by dominating the AHL right now, not losing #1 job in San Antonio to undrafted goalie who basically came out of nowhere.

Just to be clear, DGM was drafted in the 5th round in 04 by Philly.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 55349987)

Plus, Markstrom was very good in his first game, numbers be damned. Hes had one bad game and peoples heads are exploding. You guys are officially worse than Leafs fans now.

Also for the record, he's been pretty bad the last 2 games.

That said, I wouldn't worry just yet. There was huge turnover on this team and it just takes some time to get used to a new team.

LuckyLuke87 10-28-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 55349987)
Overreaction. 2 games. Robin Lehner let in 4 goals last night and his team lost. Does he suck too?

Plus, Markstrom was very good in his first game, numbers be damned. Hes had one bad game and peoples heads are exploding. You guys are officially worse than Leafs fans now.

Insightful as usual... Just FYI 3 games played, 12 goals allowed, wouldn't call that one bad game.

Erick 10-28-2012 06:57 PM

3 is a really small sample.

Howboutthempanthers 10-28-2012 07:10 PM

This is just extreme overreaction. So he had a bad stretch, it's happens at some point to every goaltender. He has also played very well in stretches during his career. If some of you expect perfection in this sport that is just not logical.

Markstrom Rules 10-29-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLuke87 (Post 55355215)
Insightful as usual... Just FYI 3 games played, 12 goals allowed, wouldn't call that one bad game.

OK, 2 bad games. 1 good game. Hardly a cause for alarm bells. Like I said, Lehner let in 4 goals in a loss the other night too. It happens. If Markstrom has 4-5 more games like this, then it's time to raise some eyebrows. But 2 games? No.

RampageNate 10-29-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 55372725)
OK, 2 bad games. 1 good game. Hardly a cause for alarm bells. Like I said, Lehner let in 4 goals in a loss the other night too. It happens. If Markstrom has 4-5 more games like this, then it's time to raise some eyebrows. But 2 games? No.

It doesn't help that the team in front of him is playing like hot garbage.

Brian Fogarty 10-29-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RampageNate (Post 55374543)
It doesn't help that the team in front of him is playing like hot garbage.

Or that one of those bad games came against the Edmonton Oilers. Well, a lot of them, anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.