HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2012 NY Giants/Jets Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1111639)

Homeland Security 02-19-2012 12:01 PM

2012 NY Giants/Jets Discussion

New off season, new thread.

IslesRock4 02-19-2012 12:02 PM

NYG Repeat? :D

Bunk Moreland 02-19-2012 02:45 PM

The Jets front office needs to get some work done this off season. They need an offensive lineman to replace that bum hunter. Hopefully Sanchez/Holmes can just get along but they're going to need another WR and I've really had enough of Shonn Greene would love to see them get a better RB.

My buddy is convinced they're going to go for Mario Williams full force but I'm not sure if he's in their game plan.

Homeland Security 03-09-2012 06:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...brandon-jacobs

Giants release Jacobs.

Homeland Security 06-08-2012 12:34 PM

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rticle-8693637

StrongIslanders90 06-08-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 50665135)

WOW...KId is awsome!!!! true fan....

if only some pro athletes thought as simple as a child things would be alot better..

BJ is going to do something special for the kid, you can bank on that..

Bunk Moreland 08-10-2012 06:54 PM

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're back!!!

Both local teams in action tonight

Homeland Security 08-11-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 53465949)
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're back!!!

Both local teams in action tonight

Nice to see Football back.

Bunk Moreland 08-16-2012 02:28 PM

Great news for Cablevision subscribers as they have finally inked a deal to bring on the NFL Network:

Quote:

Cablevision and the NFL Network announced a carriage agreement Thursday morning, ending years of negotiations and bringing the channel to most Cablevision homes effective Friday.

The NFL Network will be seen on Channel 150 in the majority of Cablevision homes that subscribe to iO Preferred, iO Silver, iO Gold or iO Sports and Entertainment Pak.

The deal also will bring the NFL RedZone channel -- which focuses on potential scoring drives around the league on game days -- to Channel 151. Subscribers to the iO Sports and Entertainment Pak, which is part of the iO Gold Service, will receive that channel.
Awesome news.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/media...iday-1.3909280

Brunomics 08-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 53629961)
Great news for Cablevision subscribers as they have finally inked a deal to bring on the NFL Network:

Awesome news.

Why anyone actually pays to keep this piece of **** tv service around is beyond me.

Just a heads up I heard their Redzone is just basically a recap show that goes all day. It's not the same thing as the Directv Redzone channel.

Glory Days 08-16-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunomics (Post 53630283)
Why anyone actually pays to keep this piece of **** tv service around is beyond me.

Just a heads up I heard their Redzone is just basically a recap show that goes all day. It's not the same thing as the Directv Redzone channel.

The TV service is awful but I keep it for the internet service. The best thing abut Cablevision is the Optimum hot spots all across Long Island. It gets me fast and free internet service. So I am able to have the smallest data plans for everyone in the family. That alone saves me several hundred bucks a year.

Brunomics 08-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory Days (Post 53630549)
The TV service is awful but I keep it for the internet service. The best thing abut Cablevision is the Optimum hot spots all across Long Island. It gets me fast and free internet service. So I am able to have the smallest data plans for everyone in the family. That alone saves me several hundred bucks a year.

Unfortunately I'm in Brookhaven so I'm stuck with them for internet and phone but use Directv(Thanks Dutch Frost!). But if you set yourself up right you'll be paying a tad more than the 80 dollar triple play price for much better tv. I use their hot spots now and then and quite honestly they are inconsistent at best.

Glory Days 08-16-2012 03:02 PM

By me the hot spots are very good. But I will definitely look into Direct TV as tv is the worst part of cablevisions services. I can live with their internet and phone service.

Brunomics 08-16-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory Days (Post 53631009)
By me the hot spots are very good. But I will definitely look into Direct TV as tv is the worst part of cablevisions services. I can live with their internet and phone service.

I've had it a year and it's been a dream compared to Cablevision. Plus they always have deals/offers going on if you call retention that they'll give you. I'm going on my second year of service and I was able to get Sunday Ticket Max for free this year plus 20 dollars off a month for a year all because I told them I was cancelling and switching over to cablevision.

I call Cablevision and tell them I'm cancelling my phone for At&t's 9.99 a month home phone plan and they gave me a big hassle until they gave me a 20 dollar credit to cover the difference between the two for 3 months.

No matter who the service company is in the end it always pays to be in their ear so they don't overcharge you. But yea the whole user interface on Directv blows Cablevisions away. Plus I had every Isles game in HD even when it was on the SD overflow channel on Cablevision.

Glory Days 08-16-2012 03:15 PM

Sounds good but not sure I want all the Isle games on HD. Some things are better off being blurry. Saves me beer money when watching this team play.

CaptDenisPotvin 08-16-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory Days (Post 53631473)
Sounds good but not sure I want all the Isle games on HD. Some things are better off being blurry. Saves me beer money when watching this team play.

:laugh:

KyleBailey12 08-16-2012 05:20 PM

Giants fan here hoping for a blue repeat, but I'm curious how Jets fans on the board feel about the Tebow/Sanchez drama.

LAIslanderFan 08-16-2012 06:32 PM

Unfortunetly I live in LA and I have Time Warner Cable (no NFL Network), anybody know where I can watch a stream of the Giant-Jet game?

Bunk Moreland 08-16-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 (Post 53635033)
Giants fan here hoping for a blue repeat, but I'm curious how Jets fans on the board feel about the Tebow/Sanchez drama.

I'm just ignoring the media storm around the team, which is extremely hard and just waiting for the season to start so the games can actually be played. Until then all the posturing and games in the papers and on the radio are just pointless. Tebow and Sanchez can get sacked a thousand times and throw fifty interceptions in preseason/practice but if it works come weeks one then that's all that matters for me.

Do I think it will work, probably not but what the hell do i know haha.

Homeland Security 08-16-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 53629961)

Awesome news.

Now if only Time Warner would get off their butts and sign a deal!!!!

Dan-o16 08-17-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland (Post 53641973)
Do I think it will work, probably not but what the hell do i know haha.

Slauson at LG is mediocre. The strong side of the line is terrible. Hunter outright stinks, Moore is caught up helping Hunter, and they don't have a complete tight-end to help out.

All last year, you could guess whether the Jets would pass or run based on personnel. And if Keller was in the game, you'd pretty much know that if they ran, they'd run away from wherever he was. (That's why they passed so much late in the year - they couldn't run well with Keller in the game, and they were too predictable with him out of the game). Moreover, if anyone on the line gets injured (especially 'Brick or Nick) it's going to be a total debacle.

They've got one running back who can run the ball but can't catch it (Green) and another who can catch it but can't run it (McKnight). They've got one wide receiver who can catch but won't block (Holmes), and another wide receiver who can block but hasn't caught an NFL pass (Hill). The offense is a complete bunch of spare parts. There isn't a single skill position player on the Jets offense that is better than any skill position player on the Giants offense. There's no Ahmad Bradshaw, a player who can literally do *anything* on the field a skill position player needs to do. And this year without Tomlinson, who could at least approximate that, is going to be that much worse than last year.

Basically, it's going to be smoke and mirrors. I think Tebow will eventually get the majority of the snaps by around week 4. The Jets match up *terribly* against the 49'ers D. It could be a total bloodbath. I'm not confident Sanchez survives it in one piece.

Cheers,

Dan-o

13th Floor 08-17-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

I don't think it will work. If you think about all the powerhouses and super bowl winners in recent years, they each have one quarterback. Most of them you don't even know who the heck the backup is because they never play. The position needs a curve in each game let alone in a season. My problem is that while I don't have full confidence in Sanchez and I don't think he can be an elite quarterback, it's a bit of a slight to him to pull a move like this. Competition is good, but the amount of boos and jeers he's going to get if he doesn't score a TD on his first drive is going to be ridiculous. It's his 4th year and a lot of quarterbacks start hitting their stride during that year. I think it would be fair to give him all the snaps for at least 5-8 games. If he's terrible, then bench him. Switching between quarterbacks mid-game off and on just won't work.

As a Jets fan, I am not optimistic for the season.

Glory Days 08-17-2012 01:01 PM

The Jets have bigger problems than Sanchez/Tebow. Their offensive line has 2 big holes, their linebackers are too slow to defend the passing game most teams use today and their wide receivers can't stay healthy. I would be suprised if they finished above .500

13th Floor 08-17-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory Days (Post 53655545)
The Jets have bigger problems than Sanchez/Tebow. Their offensive line has 2 big holes, their linebackers are too slow to defend the passing game most teams use today and their wide receivers can't stay healthy. I would be suprised if they finished above .500

I'd be very surprised as well. I'm looking at 6-10.

ScaredStreit 08-17-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

I think that the drama is very overhyped. Tebow's not as good as Sanchez. Sanchez's isn't a great starter by any means, but he's absolutely superior than Sanchez. Tebow however is a great third and short/fourth an inchesm type of situation. He's good enough to step in for a game or two from injuries or what have you not, but he's VERY overrated. (Coming from a diehard Gators fan).

edit: running QBs can be good at times, but never are able to go all the way, or THAT far in the playoffs. Because as soon as they hit a good defense that can stop the run-they're not able to throw. Look at Vick, even though he's improved his throwing the past few seasons-he's still a disappointment.