HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Sports (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Lacrosse: The official Lacrosse thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1111789)

Machinehead 02-19-2012 02:17 PM

The official Lacrosse thread

Why don't we have one? Well, we do now.

Let's go Orange! :yo:

Bionda 02-21-2012 03:57 PM

Cool, hopefully we can talk box lacrosse in here too..
Michigan fan here, pumped about the jump to DI for our lax team.

Denver lost to OSU in their opener, pretty surprising. OSU has a lot of Canadians as well, including Logan Schuss (5 G).

Might be going to the Face-Off Classic at M&T Bank Stadium later this spring

Rocko604 02-21-2012 09:13 PM

Big box lacrosse fan, played as a kid. Considering playing Senior C after not playing for 13 years. :laugh: Hope to get to a few WLA games this summer. Really wish Vancouver can one day get back into the NLL.

worstfaceoffmanever 02-21-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionda (Post 44574289)
Denver lost to OSU in their opener, pretty surprising. OSU has a lot of Canadians as well, including Logan Schuss (5 G).

That game was a perfect example of why college lacrosse needs a shot clock. Once the Buckeyes got a two goal lead, they had possession for like three minutes of play time uninterrupted. Barring a major screw-up by the offense, the stall warning doesn't do anything to disrupt possession. Frankly, it's boring to watch.

Machinehead 02-22-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 44617237)
That game was a perfect example of why college lacrosse needs a shot clock. Once the Buckeyes got a two goal lead, they had possession for like three minutes of play time uninterrupted. Barring a major screw-up by the offense, the stall warning doesn't do anything to disrupt possession. Frankly, it's boring to watch.

I agree, deliberate stalling needs to be cracked down on. Maryland trolled their way all the way to the finals last year doing that.

Machinehead 02-26-2012 01:51 PM

Bloody hell Syracuse is sloppy today :shakehead:shakehead

Machinehead 02-26-2012 02:07 PM

That was the most brutal half of lacrosse I've ever seen them play :help:

Machinehead 02-26-2012 03:35 PM

SU plays a sloppy game but holds on to defeat Army 10-9. We'll find out if they're a real contender next week at #1 Virginia.

OFD 02-27-2012 06:00 PM

I don't know a whole lot about Lacrosse, but I did go to an Edmonton Rush game a few years ago and LOVED it!!
Always wanted to go to another one since then but nobody I know enjoys the sport

Bionda 03-03-2012 06:04 PM

The Toronto Rock have enjoyed a resurgence of form, and finally look like they have their act together :handclap:

Machinehead 03-04-2012 03:08 PM

The Virginia Cavs can suck a log. That is all.

Machinehead 03-04-2012 03:55 PM

End of the 1st quarter, 2-1 bad guys :(

Bionda 05-05-2012 08:18 PM

Toronto with a big playoff win against Buffalo in the NLL :handclap:
The NCAA brackets are pretty much ready to go as well..

Interested in the upcoming Sr./Jr. BOXLA season in Canada, who will win the Minto and Mann cup, pretty pumped for it to commence..

Machinehead 05-06-2012 12:56 AM

Syracuse at 9-7 somehow won the Big East to advance to the tournament. I'll take it :laugh:

Machinehead 05-06-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionda (Post 49318597)

Interested in the upcoming Sr./Jr. BOXLA season in Canada, who will win the Minto and Mann cup, pretty pumped for it to commence..

I'm not too informed on the NLL, so correct me if I'm wrong, but under the current system doesn't one team out of nine miss the playoffs? Man that's gotta suck for them :laugh:

tyratoku 05-06-2012 08:59 PM

Oh wow never realized there was a lacrosse thread. I've been bothering the Wild board with all of my lacrosse talk and nobody has any idea what I am talking about :laugh:

I'll definitely be popping up in here more often.

I play defense on the club team at the University of North Dakota. We won our conference this season and ended up finishing 6th at the championship tournament( Great Lakes Lacrosse League ). Before that, I played in high school in Minnesota, from 8th grade onwards. Always playing defense. Longpoles ftw.

I'm also a big fan of watching the NCAA and usually cheer for Syracuse and Johns Hopkins. I don't feel too conflicted because I've never been east of Illinois and have no relatives who have ever gone to either school.

All that said, I'm pumped about the tournament and can't wait to see who comes out on top.

Ih8theislanders 05-07-2012 06:42 AM

Stopped playing this year. Was a pole, kinda miss it :(

DaaaaB's 05-08-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

I watched most of the Rock/Bandits game. Nice comeback by the Rock after getting shutdown by Cosmo for most of the game. Hopefully, they keep it going and pick up a win over Rochester.

The Poacher 05-08-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 49326057)
I'm not too informed on the NLL, so correct me if I'm wrong, but under the current system doesn't one team out of nine miss the playoffs? Man that's gotta suck for them :laugh:

It did suck for us.

The Poacher 05-08-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Samonbellies!!!

Machinehead 05-08-2012 07:40 PM

NCAA Tournment set to begin Saturday May 12th at noon.

1.Loyola
16.Canisius

8.UNC
9.Denver

5.Virginia
12.Princeton

4.Notre Dame
13.Yale

3.Duke
14.Syracuse

6.UMASS
11.Colgate

7.Lehigh
10.Maryland

2.Johns Hopkins
15.Stonybrook

As always, one game winner take all. There will be no re-seed and matchups will follow the groups I've spaced here. #5 Virgina will look to defend their title against big dogs such as #2 Hopkins and #3 Duke, as well as #1 Loyola that has shocked the lacrosse world with their first top seed finish since '99. Of course, this day and age, it's anyone's tournament. Should be great.

DaaaaB's 05-09-2012 09:13 AM

So Denver's the 9th and 16th seeds. ;)

P U L L H A R D 05-10-2012 02:11 AM

There is a lacrosse thread buried like 5+ pages deep, I used to post in it.... those were the simpler days

EDIT: my cousin (by marriage? does that still count?) was named coach of the year in the NLL today. Very happy for him.

Machinehead 05-12-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaaaaB's (Post 49484247)
So Denver's the 9th and 16th seeds. ;)

How the **** did that happen?

I fixed it.

Machinehead 05-12-2012 12:36 AM

Sometimes I wonder about these rankings. How does UMass end up as the 6th seed at 15-0?