HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2011-2012 NBA/College Basketball Thread *Part II* (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1111897)

Lucky Luke 02-19-2012 02:30 PM

2011-2012 NBA/College Basketball Thread *Part II*

Knicks "lin" the game. :laugh:

n8 02-19-2012 02:31 PM

excellente!

Muh 02-19-2012 02:32 PM

Awesome game.

NBA nation got to watch the Lin show today, very nice.

n8 02-19-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke (Post 44445587)
Knicks "lin" the game. :laugh:

oh, I heard you liked Jeremy Lin puns

http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a012...77d3f1f970c-pi

IBleedNYRBlue 02-19-2012 02:35 PM

Dolan is foaming at the mouth the money Lin is generating.

GWOW 02-19-2012 02:39 PM

LOL at dumb sideline reporters.

"How does it feel to win...against the defending national champions"

Nice one. No shock her name is Heather. Like, fer sure!

GWOW 02-19-2012 02:40 PM

Yeah, Knicks aren't going away anytime soon.

Who do they get rid of? Bibby or Douglas?

nyranger61494 02-19-2012 02:43 PM

Now that, along with LA, was very impressive. Lin is shooting lights out right now which you have to figure will dip at some point but the assists numbers are really something.

Also, got a chance to see what JR Smith can add to this team. Novak is the ideal D'Antoni player. Cannot say enough about Tyson Chandler.

nyranger61494 02-19-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by German Way of War (Post 44446457)
Yeah, Knicks aren't going away anytime soon.

Who do they get rid of? Bibby or Douglas?

Didn't they cut Balkman?

Net Front Presence 02-19-2012 02:47 PM

Amazing win. I have a good feeling about Melo's return too.

GWOW 02-19-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 44446763)
Didn't they cut Balkman?

Yeah, but when Davis is ready they'll have 4 No. 1's. Douglas can be 1 or 2 but you'd think they make a move

nyranger61494 02-19-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by German Way of War (Post 44447861)
Yeah, but when Davis is ready they'll have 4 No. 1's. Douglas can be 1 or 2 but you'd think they make a move

Cut Bibby. Douglas is a combo guard who can play d. He has more to offer than Bibby. Let that shoulder heal.

Vitto79 02-19-2012 03:35 PM

So Lin tore it up again and JR Smith with a nice debut........going to interested when Carmelo is back

Muh 02-19-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 44449747)
Cut Bibby. Douglas is a combo guard who can play d. He has more to offer than Bibby. Let that shoulder heal.

Agree, as bad as Douglas has been this year, Bibby brings nothing to this team.

New York RKY 02-19-2012 04:04 PM

What an absolutely incredible game!!!!!

JLin does it again!!! #linning

Smith is very hit or miss but he was also very good.

I was just impressed the defense could lock it down when it REALLY needed to and got the big stops down the stretch. It should (hopefully) only get better when Melo comes back and I think that this is just the beginning and that the Knicks should continue to grow both offensively in their chemistry and defensively.

It was a big statement game and I hope they can do it again to the Heat.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-19-2012 04:11 PM

Missed the game. Looks like Lin **** on everybody, again. Wow.

Also, you definitely cut Bibby. TD is a great off the bench guard when he's on his game.

New York RKY 02-19-2012 04:16 PM

I want both Bibby and Douglas off the team.

Both have no purpose on this roster anymore and I think that with Lin, and Davis looking like he's ready to come back, they are set at the PG slot. Fields and Shumpert can rotate at the two. Melo and Smith can rotate at the 3 (with Smith playing some two) and Novak rotating at the three and four.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-19-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 44453465)
I want both Bibby and Douglas off the team.

Both have no purpose on this roster anymore and I think that with Lin, and Davis looking like he's ready to come back, they are set at the PG slot. Fields and Shumpert can rotate at the two. Melo and Smith can rotate at the 3 (with Smith playing some two) and Novak rotating at the three and four.

BD plays no defense. Lin is a turnover machine. TD protects the ball and plays great defense when he's on his game. He can also drain the three, something we've been very hit or miss with.

This is a fluke. TD is not as bad as he's been this year.

TD is a combo guard who, before this year, was known for his defense. You don't get rid of him for having a bad start to an almost locked out season.

Lin/BD/TD
Landry/Shump/TD
Carmelo/Smith/Landry
STAT/Jeffries/Jorts/Novak
Chandler

the only thing we really lack is 5 depth, unless we have Amar'e, Jorts or JJ play the undersized center.

New York RKY 02-19-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 44453837)
BD plays no defense. Lin is a turnover machine. TD protects the ball and plays great defense when he's on his game. He can also drain the three, something we've been very hit or miss with.

TD is a combo guard who, before this year, was known for his defense. You don't get rid of him for having a bad start to an almost locked out season.

Lin/BD/TD
Landry/Shump/TD
Carmelo/Smith/Landry
Chandler

the only thing we really lack is 5 depth, unless we have Amar'e, Jorts or JJ play the undersized center.

While I can't really criticize BD's game because I haven't had much time to watch him because he was mostly on the West Coast when I knew of him, I can't say one way or another what's the extent of his porous defense.

Lin is stilling learning (and he will continue learning) and you'll see his turnovers start to decrease to more normal levels as he gains more experience.

The only reasons I said both players are expendable is because I really don't see a chance for them to get in the lineup anytime soon. Our depth at every position is quite impressive and there really is no spot for them right now.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-19-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 44454609)
While I can't really criticize BD's game because I haven't had much time to watch him because he was mostly on the West Coast when I knew of him, I can't say one way or another what's the extent of his porous defense.

Lin is stilling learning (and he will continue learning) and you'll see his turnovers start to decrease to more normal levels as he gains more experience.

The only reasons I said both players are expendable is because I really don't see a chance for them to get in the lineup anytime soon. Our depth at every position is quite impressive and there really is no spot for them right now.

True, but the only reason i'd get rid of TD is to get another legitimate big man to come off the bench.

New York RKY 02-19-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 44454699)
True, but the only reason i'd get rid of TD is to get another legitimate big man to come off the bench.

Yea he might be better served as trade bait than to be a bench warmer. Bibby is gone after this year no matter what so I really don't care what happens to him.

Draft Guru 02-19-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 44453837)

Lin/BD/TD
Landry/Shump/TD
Carmelo/Smith/Landry
Chandler

Are you saying Lin is a fluke?

Blatant 02-19-2012 04:49 PM

Lin, Fields, Melo, Amare, Tyson

Shumpert can play 1, 2 or 3
Smith can play 2 or 3
Davis can be backup PG
Jeffries can play 3, 4 or 5
Novak can play 3 or 4

That's a 10 man rotation, with no Walker, Jorts, Bibby, or Douglas involved

We do lack depth at the 5, especially when Chandler gets in foul trouble. Amare can always play 5 though.

BroadwayBlues 02-19-2012 04:57 PM

If they get the chemistry down and stay healthy, this team can go places.

BlueshirtBlitz 02-19-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru (Post 44455085)
Are you saying Lin is a fluke?

No, I'm saying he has his flaws. Just because he's good doesn't mean he's impeccable. I didn't see the game tonight but he's very one dimensional sometimes- he drives the paint and if he doesn't score, either loses the ball off the dribble or makes a bad pass. Just because we actually have a legitimate 1 doesn't mean we need to get rid of our depth.