HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Injury Report: Koivu (Returning To Lineup 3/22) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1112027)

tadadonk 02-19-2012 06:30 PM

Koivu (Returning To Lineup 3/22)

Any word as to why he is out??

GopherState 02-19-2012 06:32 PM

One word: No.

Fel 96 02-19-2012 06:33 PM

^Exactly.

We don't know anything this time.

Avder 02-19-2012 06:34 PM

We don't know jack.

And damn is it frustrating.

ShutDownDefense 02-19-2012 06:38 PM

Undisclosed per TSN. Probably won't find out until Monday or Tuesday once they get some doctors in.

Caior89 02-19-2012 06:44 PM

Weird, he hid go to the shootout against Winnipeg. Maybe his shoulder didn't healed complete, lets wait and see.

tadadonk 02-19-2012 06:45 PM

thx guys!!

W75 02-19-2012 06:46 PM

Don't like it. It's not lower body, it's not upper body. I don't remember have anyone said it's even an injury?

Propably nothing but I don't like this hiding thing.

forthewild 02-19-2012 07:23 PM

Yeah they are being too damn mum? Maybe koivu dipped his stick in the wrong pond and they dont want to make it known

ShutDownDefense 02-19-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 44467321)
Yeah they are being too damn mum? Maybe koivu dipped his stick in the wrong pond and they dont want to make it known

Injury report: Crabs :laugh:

Jarick 02-19-2012 07:54 PM

:laugh:

I'm afraid of the dreaded C-word.

And no, it's not crabs.

llamapalooza 02-19-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 44470159)

And no, it's not crabs.

I don't remember anything jostling his head. And if it was C-like symptoms, I think they usually disclose that. My guess is that it's something embarrassing or personal. Reminds me of when Backs became a daddy earlier in the year.

Avder 02-19-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 44470159)

And no, it's not crabs.

We dont talk about the C-Word.

Yeah I'm scared of that too. ****ing scared, man :(

NHL1674 02-19-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 44470927)
I don't remember anything jostling his head. And if it was C-like symptoms, I think they usually disclose that. My guess is that it's something embarrassing or personal. Reminds me of when Backs became a daddy earlier in the year.

I don't think it's personal. Russo said it was an undisclosed injury. When Backs was out, they said it was for personal reasons.

I'm going with one of three options:

A. Groin Pull
B. Re-injured the same leg from December
C. Ohlund was in town....and well.....you know the rest

Bookman 02-19-2012 08:49 PM

Hemorrhoids can be a ***** too

NHL1674 02-20-2012 01:53 AM

Star Tribune

Quote:

Captain Mikko Koivu missed his second consecutive game with an undisclosed injury. "We'll just keep calling him day-to-day," Yeo said. Koivu watched Sunday's game from the press box.
Something about that concerns me. Why so hush-hush? They'll usually say whether it's an upper or lower body injury, so why not this time? Ya know, I'm starting to wonder if it may just be something along the lines of concussion, and they don't want to create panic. What also puzzles me is that normally Russo is good at sniffing out the answer. He hasn't even questioned what it could be. I'm thinking he may know, but was told to keep his mouth shut. Perhaps Koivu is out long term, and they're looking to bring someone in to help. But with the hope of not looking desperate (which could inflate asking prices), they're keeping Koivu's injury under wraps. Possibility?

Foxlockbox 02-20-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL1674 (Post 44489719)
Star Tribune

Something about that concerns me. Why so hush-hush? They'll usually say whether it's an upper or lower body injury, so why not this time? Ya know, I'm starting to wonder if it may just be something along the lines of concussion, and they don't want to create panic. What also puzzles me is that normally Russo is good at sniffing out the answer. He hasn't even questioned what it could be. I'm thinking he may know, but was told to keep his mouth shut. Perhaps Koivu is out long term, and they're looking to bring someone in to help. But with the hope of not looking desperate (which could inflate asking prices), they're keeping Koivu's injury under wraps. Possibility?

Still they could just say "Upper-body day-to-day" and then change it to shoulder/c-word or whatever.

Randy BoBandy 02-20-2012 02:29 AM

A major trade is in the works:sarcasm:

El Nino22 02-20-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patp14 (Post 44490135)
A major trade is in the works:sarcasm:

My guess is his shoulder. Dislocating a shoulder is one of those injuries that can with any wrong movement be reaggravated very easily. It seems logical that in the last couple games he passed, shot, or deked and tweaked his shoulder. They are keeping quiet because they aren't sure if its dislocated again or just tweaked? I'm not sure it would seem to be pretty easy to figure out if it was dislocated, but who knows?

Avder 02-20-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL1674 (Post 44489719)
Star Tribune

Sounds like a pretty accurate assessment to me.

And is it just me, or is the team finally getting past its complete need to have Koivu in the lineup? The last few games before he came back from his shoulder injury, plus the game yesterday suggest to me that they're all learning how to play without him around.

I think that is a VERY good thing.

melinko 02-20-2012 10:10 AM

Could also be a illness that he doesn't want to disclose.

rynryn 02-20-2012 10:35 AM

cancer? i don't want to say it or anything but there's a history. small sample size of koivus, but you know...

llamapalooza 02-20-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 44497245)
cancer? i don't want to say it or anything but there's a history. small sample size of koivus, but you know...

I don't think guys generally go day-to-day with cancer. Let's hope not, though.

Is it possible the team suspended him for something, but doesn't want the media blowback of suspending their captain?

rynryn 02-20-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 44497671)

Is it possible the team suspended him for something, but doesn't want the media blowback of suspending their captain?

well i actually meant something along the lines of pre-cancer...like if they've found something suspicious but haven't diagnosed it yet. its a worst-case scenario kind of speculation.

Avder 02-20-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamapalooza (Post 44497671)

Koivu finally found out how long his leash is after more or less running the team the past couple of years?

I dunno, but it sure would be a good thing to knock him down a notch and get him to be more in like with what Yeo wants for the team. I have to imagine he is the reason Yeo broke up the HBJ line the moment he came back on the ice.

I just have to wonder if Yeo and Fletcher are pampering him in order to get him to whisper sweet nothings into Granlunds ear on their behalf or something. If the Wild's treatment of Koivu suddenly changes once Granlund is finally signed it could say a lot about that situation. Grandlund not being signed has been nagging at me for a while lately, especially with the Wild sliding down further and further in the standings.