HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   News Article: Financial Woes Could Be Over (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1113159)

Beetlebum* 02-21-2012 01:08 AM

Financial Woes Could Be Over
 
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...JUcX6C2c1ZXKvJ

Devils Trap 02-21-2012 01:08 AM

Good news

Classic Devil 02-21-2012 01:09 AM

A semi-optimistic article in the Post?

Darius Dangleaitis 02-21-2012 01:12 AM

Sounds like good news.

Getzo5 02-21-2012 01:16 AM

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...itmuo1_500.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Devil (Post 44542279)
A semi-optimistic article in the Post?

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Saugus 02-21-2012 01:18 AM

Interesting. I wonder who this angel investor is.

Devils Trap 02-21-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44542619)
Interesting. I wonder who this angel investor is.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Scott04 02-21-2012 01:30 AM

If I had won powerball back when it was $200+ million, the investor would have been me. My plan was to give $80 mil to the team to pay off the debt just so I never had to read another article/thread/anything about "moving to Quebec, brah." I'm well enough off in my current life that giving away the $80 mil would be fine. But since I didn't win.... it's not me.

Dead serious that I was considering this too.

AZNDevil 02-21-2012 01:30 AM

Sounds like positive news...

Scott04 02-21-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 (Post 44542927)
Mikhail Prokhorov

If I wanted to be pessimistic about the whole thing, I would say there's a shot the investor is someone who has been trying to buy a team (any one for that matter) in hopes of moving them to some other location (Seattle, Canada, whatever). If they feel the Devils couldn't pay the money back, forcing them for sale would give that investor(s) the chance to buy them and move them. Again, that's a pessimistic approach, and even if that were the motivation of an investor, just because the team would be up for sale doesn't mean that person would even be the one who ends up buying the team. After all, Phoenix would likely be that person's target if that were the case.

Devils Trap 02-21-2012 01:35 AM

In all honesty. I would love Mark Cuban to buy the Devils

One of my favorite owners

Jersey Man 02-21-2012 01:39 AM

I'll believe it when someone from the Devils says something on record.

Scottyk9 02-21-2012 01:44 AM

Sign Zach before we can't afford Ramen again.

Saugus 02-21-2012 01:45 AM

It's still the Post. More unconfirmed sources, "interested parties", and cloak and dagger whisperings, only this time, the news is actually positive for once. It won't be confirmed or even seriously acknowledged until/unless it's a done deal.

Scottyk9 02-21-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott04 (Post 44543023)
If I had won powerball back when it was $200+ million, the investor would have been me. My plan was to give $80 mil to the team to pay off the debt just so I never had to read another article/thread/anything about "moving to Quebec, brah." I'm well enough off in my current life that giving away the $80 mil would be fine. But since I didn't win.... it's not me.

Dead serious that I was considering this too.

I'm sure the majority of us here would do the same if we ever hit it big.

elias026 02-21-2012 01:48 AM

Its for sure Kovy, thats why he wanted 100 mil deal. Hes a team guy

apice3* 02-21-2012 01:48 AM

Prokhorov actually makes a lot of sense, but he's very outspoken and probably would have said something about it.

Getzo5 02-21-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saugus (Post 44543467)
It's still the Post. More unconfirmed sources, "interested parties", and cloak and dagger whisperings, only this time, the news is actually positive for once. It won't be confirmed or even seriously acknowledged until/unless it's a done deal.

It was the Post before and people were freaking out. Let them hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for ****`s sake. :laugh:

kyle evs48 02-21-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 (Post 44543171)
In all honesty. I would love Mark Cuban to buy the Devils

One of my favorite owners

If he was at all interested in a hockey team, he probably would have bought the Stars.

Emperoreddy 02-21-2012 02:21 AM

Does a negative post story combined with a positive post story make the whole thing a wash? :sarcasm:

Still seems like a ray of sunshine, though tons of playoff revenue from a DEEP run would be so much brighter.

KohoDonuts88 02-21-2012 02:28 AM

Ownership issues will not affect hockey operations

Scott04 02-21-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 44543543)
Prokhorov actually makes a lot of sense, but he's very outspoken and probably would have said something about it.

I also imagine if he were to get involved with a hockey team in any financial way, the better bet would be the Islanders. Buy a share in them and bring them to Brooklyn when their lease is up. That may happen anyway, even without him having any kind of ownership stake. I just don't see why he would get involved with investing in the Devils.

apice3* 02-21-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott04 (Post 44544645)
I also imagine if he were to get involved with a hockey team in any financial way, the better bet would be the Islanders. Buy a share in them and bring them to Brooklyn when their lease is up. That may happen anyway, even without him having any kind of ownership stake. I just don't see why he would get involved with investing in the Devils.

Kovalchuk.

Rella17 02-21-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 44544697)
Kovalchuk.

werent there rumors of us only going after Kovy so hard to attract Prokhrov into buying?

kiwidevil 02-21-2012 03:03 AM

Kovy's mum has been saving up his money from his childhood.

Thanks kovy's mum.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.