HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Gorges wants Moen to stay (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1113551)

Kingbobert 02-21-2012 02:19 PM

Gorges wants Moen to stay

In Renaud Lavoie's article, he quote Gorges as saying we should keep Moen:

Quote:

«Toutes les équipes cherchent des joueurs comme lui. Le plus drôle, c’est que ces mêmes équipes ne veulent pas verser de gros salaires à ce genre de joueurs. Les salaires vont aux joueurs des deux premiers trios. Mais toutes les équipes ont du talent sur les deux premiers trios. Par contre, ils n’ont pas tous des Travis Moen pour compléter le 3e trio. Je ne comprends pas pourquoi on l’échangerait. Il mérite chaque sous de son salaire. »
http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../134308/public

Basically says we should keep him cause every team needs a player like him but no team is willing to pay big money for this type of player. That all the money goes to the top 6 but everyone has talent in the top 6 but not everyone has Travis Moens. He does not understand why we would trade him and thinks he's worth every penny of his salary.

And I agree unless Travis wants to stay and we trade him so he can have a chance at a cup and come back...

Funny how players speak highly about gill and about moen and for cammy it was just generic comments.

LyricalLyricist 02-21-2012 02:21 PM

I want Moen to stay, but if he can get us a good return, I don't really care what Gorges thinks.

OpenIceHit 02-21-2012 02:21 PM

So do I.

Unless Moen really doesn't want to play here, it would be stupid to just trade him away for picks...

giovannicanella 02-21-2012 02:22 PM

Are they not former team mates back in their junior days?

When Moen signed for us Gorges was delighted and stated on camera that he felt Moen was exactly the type of player we needed.

It is hard to not be fond of Moen, he brings a lot to this team, I know many of us like White...but Moen is better...I would love to keep him myself...

But every player is touchable...in terms of trade, every asset has a price...

missthenet 02-21-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenIceHit (Post 44565901)
So do I.

Unless Moen really doesn't want to play here, it would be stupid to just trade him away for picks...

Agree but we have cap issues going forward and we need to sign Price and Subban next year.

Monctonscout 02-21-2012 02:26 PM

I have no problem keeping him, but get an extension done this week.

I would have a deadline Saturday midnight, at which point I would look to move him.

Reasonable extensions...2 years at 3.5 mil or 3 years at 4.5 mil. I think it would have to be under 2 mil and less than 4 years.

Monctonscout 02-21-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missthenet (Post 44566105)
Agree but we have cap issues going forward and we need to sign Price and Subban next year.

We have no cap issues as long as Gomez gets traded/waived.

Drive425 02-21-2012 02:30 PM

He should be resigned or traded by the TDD. He's a valuable commodity and should be retained by the Habs. If he is not signed however, I would be inclined to trade him if the right deal came across the GM desk. Losing assets for nothing is not something the Habs can afford, period end of story.

Kjell Dahlin 02-21-2012 02:35 PM

My priority would be to re sign him (3 years at 1,5M$ per) before season's end.

If he does not want to re sign and assuming he fully recovers from his mysterious injury => ship him out of town!

PS I so want to see Moen and White in the line up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by missthenet (Post 44566105)

This team does not have cap issues imo.

Boris Le Tigre 02-21-2012 02:35 PM

I love Moen ...

But even I can acknowledge that given our current situation we would have to entertain trading him (without a reasonable extension).

Craig71 02-21-2012 02:36 PM

I'm sorry but I just have to :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Analyzer 02-21-2012 02:40 PM

Don't trade him for the sake of trading him.

If it's a great deal, I can understand, but if it's for a craptacular return, then don't

The Doors 02-21-2012 02:42 PM

Gauthier is trolling Gorges. Signing him then trading away all of his pals. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Moen is young, a leader, and can fill on any line on the team without issue. Unless he does not want to come back, you have to sign him. Only issue would be if some team offers a can't miss offer.

Still, you can't lose a guy like Moen over a couple hundred thousand bucks. Give him what he wants within reason, he's earned it.

Hannibal 02-21-2012 02:44 PM

Try to re-sign Moen before deadline, if not, well trade him.

Monctonscout 02-21-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC93 (Post 44567231)
Gauthier is trolling Gorges. Signing him then trading away all of his pals. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Moen is young, a leader, and can fill on any line on the team without issue. Unless he does not want to come back, you have to sign him. Only issue would be if some team offers a can't miss offer.

Still, you can't lose a guy like Moen over a couple hundred thousand bucks. Give him what he wants within reason, he's earned it.

I agree but if he is looking for 3-4 years at 2+ you have no choice but to move him and try to replace him with a UFA.

habitue* 02-21-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC93 (Post 44567231)

2 million $ per season for 2-3 years should be plenty.

If he wants more, maybe Gorges can give him a part of his own salary...

We Want The 25 02-21-2012 02:52 PM

trade him if you can get 2nd rounder or more i like him but hes replacable and would rather get something for him than have him MAYBE resign with us

The Doors 02-21-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 44567731)
I agree but if he is looking for 3-4 years at 2+ you have no choice but to move him and try to replace him with a UFA.

The way I see it the Habs are paying Campoli 1.75 million this year there's no reason Moen shouldn't be paid that next year. I agree with you that 2+ is probably not money well spent

YMCMBeaulieu 02-21-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 44567097)
Don't trade him for the sake of trading him.

If it's a great deal, I can understand, but if it's for a craptacular return, then don't

That's the way I see it, I'm not sure how good of a deal we'll even get at this point considering he has been injured.

Moen has played with a lot of heart for us and is the type of player you want in your bottom six. Would be nice to see him re-signed this week so he and his family, with his newborn kid, can stay settled in Montreal.

habitue* 02-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernell Karl (Post 44568143)
That's the way I see it, I'm not sure how good of a deal we'll even get at this point considering he has been injured.

Moen has played with a lot of heart for us and is the type of player you want in your bottom six. Would be nice to see him re-signed this week so he and his family, with his newborn kid, can stay settled in Montreal.

I hope so.

Kaberle, Campoli, Noke and Gomez can pack their stuff. I don't care.

sweat 02-21-2012 03:02 PM

Is there any reason the Habs can`t move Moen for some talent, and then go after him in the offseason? As much as I like Moen, you certainly can afford to take the chance he won`t come back.

habsfan92 02-21-2012 03:08 PM

Team is better off trading for something good, then if they love Moen so much sign him in the offseason.

schwartzy 02-21-2012 03:25 PM

i've liked the Moen signing from day 1. The only issue i've had is that he hasn't had the proper supporting cast with him. Although i believe he's played well, if the Canadiens had more of a set-up on the team with a little more grit, Moen could even be better at his role. I think this is why he was so effective on the Ducks a few years ago. I'd love to see him paired up with White and Gaustad (or a Neil-type player).

Anyways, I would love to hang on to him, especially if the Canadiens are planning to change the direction of the team (with more size and grit). It would, however, be tough to hang on to if offered a decent prospect or 2nd rounder. To be honest, i'd rather have Moen resigned at 2-2.5 million than Bourque at 3.25 taking top 6 minutes. Just my opinion.

windycity 02-21-2012 03:30 PM

Uh oh Moen just got the Gorges kiss-of-death - he's gone for sure:D

I like Moen and would be happy to have him back. But if we can get a good return for him, then we should trade him.

Habs 4 Life 02-21-2012 03:37 PM

It sucks cause I really like Moen but if we can get assets back we gotta move him. But if we are to trade Moen for a 4th or 5th rounder then I'd rather just keep him