HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Frans Nielsen to BUF at the Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1114179)

SlugLife978 02-22-2012 12:33 AM

Frans Nielsen to BUF at the Draft

Really like what I've seen of him both in games against Buffalo and against others that I've watched this season. What would it take?

ichabod13 02-22-2012 12:40 AM

he just signed a very cheap 4 year contract.........you better be be willing to give up a ton........

SlugLife978 02-22-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 44627883)
he just signed a very cheap 4 year contract.........you better be be willing to give up a ton........

Define "a ton"

ichabod13 02-22-2012 12:49 AM

more than you would be willing to give up.

SlugLife978 02-22-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 44628161)
more than you would be willing to give up.

Well aren't you helpful. I'm just curious, why the hostility?

ichabod13 02-22-2012 01:03 AM

im not being hostile bud......
frans just signed for 4 years at 11 million (?) hes dirt cheap and one of the best kept secrets in the league. hes one of the best defensive centres in the league....
meyers for nielsen?

ZZamboni 02-22-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 44628547)
frans just signed for 4 years at 11 million (?) hes dirt cheap and one of the best kept secrets in the league. hes one of the best defensive centres in the league....
meyers for nielsen?

I'd do Meyers for Neilsen...

But I won't do Myers for Neilsen .... :)

ichabod13 02-22-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZamboni (Post 44628607)
But I won't do Myers for Neilsen .... :)

wow....youre so funny.......

SlugLife978 02-22-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 44628699)

So is your perception of value. He's a solid 3C signed to an average 3C deal. Myers is a beast in the making. One of these things is worth a bit more than the other. ;)

mespo 02-22-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlugLife978 (Post 44627691)
Really like what I've seen of him both in games against Buffalo and against others that I've watched this season. What would it take?

I am not familiar with the Sabres' system, but Brayden McNabb seems like the type of player the Islanders are looking for. I'm not sure if this is a player the Sabres would deal; I'm just saying a potential top 4 d-man (big body preferable) is the type of player the Islanders are looking for.

Havok89 02-22-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mespo (Post 44628863)
I am not familiar with the Sabres' system, but Brayden McNabb seems like the type of player the Islanders are looking for. I'm not sure if this is a player the Sabres would deal; I'm just saying a potential top 4 d-man (big body preferable) is the type of player the Islanders are looking for.

I'd personally rather just keep McNabb.

CodeE 02-22-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlugLife978 (Post 44628773)
So is your perception of value. He's a solid 3C signed to an average 3C deal. Myers is a beast in the making. One of these things is worth a bit more than the other. ;)

Don't get cute with winky smiley faces. You asked for the value, he said it would require overpayment, why are you surprised? Islanders are in no rush to give Nielsen up and if you're not happy with the asking price don't make the thread in the first place. Sheesh.

ichabod13 02-22-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlugLife978 (Post 44628773)

didnt i say it would be more than you want to give up?
buffalo has one piece that the islanders need. thats a young top 4 defenseman. there is no way in hell this deal happens, but i think thats what it would take.

CREW99AW 02-22-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlugLife978 (Post 44627691)

Frans signed a pretty reasonable deal,with most fans thinkng he could have gotten more on the ufa market this summer.

In another few seasons,we should see young centers like Strome ,Brock Nelson and Cizikas making their way onto the isles roster.I think then Nielsen could become available.I'd be surprised to see him moved before then.

Evgeni Giroux 02-22-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 44628547)
meyers for nielsen?

Stopped reading here

HiddenInLight 02-22-2012 06:06 AM

The sarcasm could stem from the completely irrational return you think that your team would be asking for. Especially since if we wanted to trade myers we could probably get Getzlaf for him...(and reportedly turned down that proposal)

The Zetterberg Era 02-22-2012 06:16 AM

Nielsen's contract is really good. But you would have to think they would see the value in a Roy upgrade even though he has had a bad year. However because of how good Nielsen's contract is and how low Roy's value is I think is a Roy + situation. Maybe something with a draft pick or mid-tier prospect. Of course I am not a fan of either team, but it is very likely there are players Nielsen could be moved for in Buffalo not named Vanek or Myers or whatever other angry response is paraded out.

But I would think Buffalo could do much better than this if they were moving Roy or at least would have a different strategy. Either sell him for future assets or as a package in a major upgrade.

blinkman360 02-22-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 44628699)

I actually thought that was pretty funny...

SlugLife978 02-22-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 44631571)
Nielsen's contract is really good. But you would have to think they would see the value in a Roy upgrade even though he has had a bad year. However because of how good Nielsen's contract is and how low Roy's value is I think is a Roy + situation. Maybe something with a draft pick or mid-tier prospect. Of course I am not a fan of either team, but it is very likely there are players Nielsen could be moved for in Buffalo not named Vanek or Myers or whatever other angry response is paraded out.

But I would think Buffalo could do much better than this if they were moving Roy or at least would have a different strategy. Either sell him for future assets or as a package in a major upgrade.

:help: I really, really hope that you're joking. Nielsen is a good 3C, hence my interest, but the guy couldn't hold Roy's hair gel. You're asking for a proven 70pt. center ++ in exchange for a guy who has never broken 50 pts? Get real.

EDIT: If the Isles need a young top-4 d-man, then how about Sekera +?

Seph 02-22-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenInLight (Post 44631477)
The sarcasm could stem from the completely irrational return you think that your team would be asking for. Especially since if we wanted to trade myers we could probably get Getzlaf for him...(and reportedly turned down that proposal)

Of course it was an irrational trade for the sabres. What part of "more than you would want to give up" was not clear?

Chairman Wang 02-22-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlugLife978 (Post 44633597)
:help: I really, really hope that you're joking. Nielsen is a good 3C, hence my interest, but the guy couldn't hold Roy's hair gel. You're asking for a proven 70pt. center ++ in exchange for a guy who has never broken 50 pts? Get real.

EDIT: If the Isles need a young top-4 d-man, then how about Sekera +?

I'm not trying to be rude... but I do not think it is fair of you to admonish Islander fans here. It was clearly stated that Nielsen is not availabe except for an overpayment. Although I agree with your assessment that Roy has had a better career to date... I just don't think that really matters in context to this thread.

Again, consider that you are the one interested in acquiring Nielsen. Islander fans are not interested in trading him at all OR trying to determine his relative trade value. Nielsen will always be worth more to Isle fans than what opposing fans would be willing to give up.

SLAPSHOT723 02-22-2012 09:39 AM

It's not really worth asking, Nielsen just signed an extension and he likely isn't going anywhere. Ask again in a couple of years.

SlugLife978 02-22-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Wang (Post 44636925)
I'm not trying to be rude... but I do not think it is fair of you to admonish Islander fans here. It was clearly stated that Nielsen is not availabe except for an overpayment. Although I agree with your assessment that Roy has had a better career to date... I just don't think that really matters in context to this thread.

Again, consider that you are the one interested in acquiring Nielsen. Islander fans are not interested in trading him at all OR trying to determine his relative trade value. Nielsen will always be worth more to Isle fans than what opposing fans would be willing to give up.

Apologies for trying to gauge realistic value. How silly of me not to expect demands for Myers or Roy +, because overpayment always means "absurd trade that even NHL '12 GMs would reject."

As for the bolded, that is the whole point of this thread. If you didn't want to discuss it, why post in it? :shakehead

Noreaster96 02-22-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlugLife978 (Post 44637951)
Apologies for trying to gauge realistic value. How silly of me not to expect demands for Myers or Roy +, because overpayment always means "absurd trade that even NHL '12 GMs would reject."

As for the bolded, that is the whole point of this thread. If you didn't want to discuss it, why post in it? :shakehead

If the Isles hadnt signed him, Im sure a deal could be worked out... but hes signed pretty cheap and long term so its not gonna work... I think that is the crux of the issue here...

Like a few others have said, check back in 2-3 years when our good center depth in the minors really starts to make their way towards making the team, then we could probably work something out if still interested

JPurp26 02-22-2012 10:13 AM

He would've been a great acquisition before he signed. However he won't be traded and is on a great contract. Great pick up for the Isles.