HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NCAA, CIS, and other college (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CIS Free Agents? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1114451)

Oilers Chick 02-22-2012 11:16 AM

CIS Free Agents?

With so much of the talk going on right now about NHL teams looking to sign potential NCAA free agents this spring/summer, I thought I might pose a similar question about pro teams (NHL or otherwise) that might be giving a good look at some CIS players to sign.

Anyone hearing any rumbles on the CIS end?

If so, who and why?

hyster110 02-27-2012 08:15 AM

Mark Louis from X signs in portaland

Drummer 02-27-2012 08:34 AM

Most 'serious' signings will happen after Nationals in late March as most of the talent is still in the playoffs or at Nationals. Nationals have 6 teams in one place - it's an easy scouting trip.

Generally, the CIS MVP and other top scores are looked at, but no one had over 50pts this year - which is the first thing everyone looks at. There are good seniors on UNB, McGill and Western that will likely get an invitation - hard to say. UNB's Gallant, Baily and Harty are in their 1st year of MBA - not a degree you usually put on hold.

Alpine 02-27-2012 09:37 AM

Looking for the next PJ Stock eh?
Even if he's now made his name as the smiling former NHL'er on HNIC,
He played with X!

FreddtFoyle 02-27-2012 01:57 PM

Agree with Drummer.

McGill's all-star defenceman Marc-Andre Dorion has been scouted for awhile. Their two star forwards Alexandre Picard-Hooper and Francis Verreault-Paul can score goals and might get some attention, but tight checking teams like UNB have managed to shut them down in big games and that might hurt them.

You'd have to think some of UNB's graduating players will get a look, but based on what happened to Kyle Bailey last season I don't see any of them getting two way NHL-AHL contracts like Hunter Tremblay.

AUS Fan 02-27-2012 02:44 PM

''...but tight checking teams like UNB have managed to shut them down in big games''

Shameless UNB plug...:)

UNB Bruins Fan 02-27-2012 03:12 PM

I haven't paid much attention to McGill this season, obviously, but anyone who has...what is up with Picard-Hooper? He went from 47 and 38 points in the last two years to only 21 this season...albeit in only 20 games. I assume injuries really affected him this season.

As for those two guys at Nationals...Picard-Hooper has been a point/game guy (7 points in 7 games) but Verreault-Paul only has 1 goal and 2 assist in 7 games.

SnipeShow91 02-27-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUS Fan (Post 45085483)
''...but tight checking teams like UNB have managed to shut them down in big games''

Shameless UNB plug...:)

its FreddyTFoyle, really expect a shamless plug for ANY other team!

Drummer 02-27-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 (Post 45116681)
its FreddyTFoyle, really expect a shamless plug for ANY other team!

There are other teams :snide: